Are Thais Mostly Good Drinker?

sunnyhor

I know alcohol are most of the Thais daily hobby.

I have seen and know a lot of Thai from age 18 -65 , mostly very good and heavy drinkers. They just can carry on drinking from evening until the next morning.

We were having a party months back and invited some Thai friends along for some chit chat and drinking session. Just 5 of us, 1.5 Litre of Whiskey and 2 carton of Leo.......................how can they finished all this in a night???????? Any input appreciate!!!!

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Because the thought of somebody else drinking the remains is unthinkable. Try buying some fruit to last the week, leave it in your fruit bowl and watch as it dissapears instantly. My Mrs is the same with everything from fruit to washing powder. Only live for now and never buy more than is needed.

I think fruit will not be that "hot property" from my surrounding, Alcohol means everything.

ps: I can only have most 3 glasses.................*_*

Because the thought of somebody else drinking the remains is unthinkable. Try buying some fruit to last the week, leave it in your fruit bowl and watch as it dissapears instantly. My Mrs is the same with everything from fruit to washing powder. Only live for now and never buy more than is needed.

The OP lost me on the first sentence.

Some Thais drink a lot. Some Thais drink nothing. Some Thais a moderate drinkers but get drunk quickly. Some Thais might be able to drink all night.

In this regard they are the same as . . . . . ummmmm . . every other human being in the history of mankind.

• Like 1

Apologize! But I stated "most" not "all"

And I really agree with your comment, but I think the people I know mostly those "good and heavy drinker"

Have a few friends that can simply finished a bottle of 1 litre Whiskey in a night. The most 2 of them drinking the bottle.

And again another few friend must have at least 8 bottles of Chang in order to make them " MAO" ...... so I rate them "heavy drinker" .

Some Thais drink a lot. Some Thais drink nothing. Some Thais a moderate drinkers but get drunk quickly. Some Thais might be able to drink all night.

In this regard they are the same as . . . . . ummmmm . . every other human being in the history of mankind.

And I really agree with your comment, but I think the people I know mostly those "good and heavy drinker"

Have a few friends that can simply finished a bottle of 1 litre Whiskey in a night. The most 2 of them drinking the bottle.

And again another few friend must have at least 8 bottles of Chang in order to make them " MAO" ...... so I rate them "heavy drinker" .

When I was drinking it was two liters of whiskey a night.

Some how I have a hard time believing you that most Thais drink that much. I would venture to say that for every Thai that drinks in any amount there is a Thai who dosen't drink.

When I was drinking it was two liters of whiskey a night.

Some how I have a hard time believing you that most Thais drink that much. I would venture to say that for every Thai that drinks in any amount there is a Thai who dosen't drink.

Oh 2 litre one night....hmmmmmmmm, you are "better" drinker than all my friends then.

Yes it's true, they drink what I mentioned above!!!!

I believe some might be more than surprised as to the percentage of Thai guys that don't drink at all.....or least nominal.

Let's not leave the lovely ladies out of this fest of castigation and admiration.

There are some regions of the fair land that have secured a well-known reputation as it applies to females that soak up the local elixirs - nothing counter to the gents, but nonetheless.

Let's not leave the lovely ladies out of this fest of castigation and admiration.

There are some regions of the fair land that have secured a well-known reputation as it applies to females that soak up the local elixirs - nothing counter to the gents, but nonetheless.

Indeed, where I drink the lovely ladies busy themselves with fetching ice and soda water, then knocking up some food, clearing away the empties, fetching more beer and whisky and then taking care of their Lord and Master.

Usually the women sit off to one side taking care of the children and talking about all things women, while the men engage themselves in the manly pursuits of drinking and smoking, whilst at the same time blowing the families financies for the week on "len bon".

Its hard being a man in Thailand.

For one thing, I do not believe that alcohol is the hobby of most Thai people, never mind on a daily basis. Nor do I believe most are drunkards. In any society you get those who like the odd tipple and those who drink a lot. Why should Thai people be any different?

OK, so your friends had a party, people drink at parties. 2 cases of Leo and a bottle of whiskey is not that much unless you are some Methodist or a Puritan.

You want them to nurse a single beer all night?

2 beers an hour for 4 hours = 8 beers per person * 5 people = 40 beers.. That is not excessive.

Indeed, where I drink the lovely ladies busy themselves with fetching ice and soda water, then knocking up some food, clearing away the empties, fetching more beer and whisky and then taking care of their Lord and Master.

Usually the women sit off to one side taking care of the children and talking about all things women, while the men engage themselves in the manly pursuits of drinking and smoking, whilst at the same time blowing the families financies for the week on "len bon".

Some of us certainly live apart from circles of expected stereotype....

Next time I am in Prasat I will give you a call, you are more than welcome to witness with your own eyes, PS dont forget to bring a bottle.

Next time I am in Prasat I will give you a call, you are more than welcome to witness with your own eyes, PS dont forget to bring a bottle.

Thanks for the invite, mate. But I don't venture into Prasat....far too many Farang scallywags per capita. Unusual, even for Surin.

Here I know more non-drinkers than I ever did back in the UK, and I thinks it's incorrect to label them all heavy drinkers. Sure many do and some only sometimes, same everywhere.

And as someone else pointed out, the amount mentioned is not that much between 6 people over a fair few hours and they do water it down a fair bit..which is sacrilagedrunk.gif

I am not a "drinker" myself so I do not know what is excessive what is not. But to me, drinking this amount occasionally is okay but not almost everyday.

But for the Whiskey part, on a very good day it can be Chivas but on average day maybe some cheap whiskey will kill those "worms" .....lol

For one thing, I do not believe that alcohol is the hobby of most Thai people, never mind on a daily basis. Nor do I believe most are drunkards. In any society you get those who like the odd tipple and those who drink a lot. Why should Thai people be any different?

OK, so your friends had a party, people drink at parties. 2 cases of Leo and a bottle of whiskey is not that much unless you are some Methodist or a Puritan.

2 beers an hour for 4 hours = 8 beers per person * 5 people = 40 beers.. That is not excessive.

Try 1 bottle of JW black, 2 big bottles of sang-som, lots of water (thai's n whisky n water??) 3 cases of singha/chang between me and my new found Thai friends,4 of us in total... On the beach on Loy Krathong night 2010! Only thing was I had a flight to catch at 0400, we drank the lot tho and I somehow made it to the airport and check in at 0130 ? Amazing to say the least,back home here in Scotland I would probably be dead or in prison if I drank that much in 5hrs!

Amazing Thailand

I am not a "drinker" myself so I do not know what is excessive what is not. But to me, drinking this amount occasionally is okay but not almost everyday.

But for the Whiskey part, on a very good day it can be Chivas but on average day maybe some cheap whiskey will kill those "worms" .....lol

Every day? That is a bit too much, unless you are paying for it drunk.gif

Try 1 bottle of JW black, 2 big bottles of sang-som, lots of water (thai's n whisky n water??) 3 cases of singha/chang between me and my new found Thai friends,4 of us in total... On the beach on Loy Krathong night 2010! Only thing was I had a flight to catch at 0400, we drank the lot tho and I somehow made it to the airport and check in at 0130 ? Amazing to say the least,back home here in Scotland I would probably be dead or in prison if I drank that much in 5hrs!

Amazing Thailand

im surprised they let you on the plane and didn't consider you combustible. Must have stank to high heaven to the person next to you.

Well... have a look here and could you explain how your 'esteemed' results were arrived at?

http://en.wikipedia....hol_consumption

http://www.economist...hol_consumption

http://www.msnbc.msn...e-their-liquor/

http://www.forbes.co...28drinking.html

"""An idle mind (or originally an idle brain) is the devil's workshop"" originally came from H.G. Bohn's ""Hand-Book of Proverbs"", published in 1855.

What a lot of crap is traded today in this 'modern' world!

hit-the-fan.gif