I Want A Thai Phone Number - And Can Answer Calls From Australia

BuffaloRescue

Hi

I need a Thai phone number. A thai mobile would be OK otherwise a 02 bangkok number.

I need to pick up calls from my home in Australia.. on that Thai number.

Im considering a mobile - but how can i recharge it? I dont think contract numbers can be used on roaming? Whats a good package?

Otherwise is there a voip service that will give me a Thai phone number i can pick up calls on an overseas internet connection. I already have voip built into my modem

Any suggestions appreciated thanks

Its very easy to get hold of a 'pre-paid' / 'pay as you' go sim card.

Any AIS or DTAC shop should be able to provide you one.

Top ups are very simple and you get the top up cards from shops such as 7-11, follw the very easy to follow instructions and key in the number code to add credit to your phone.

Theoretically you'll just need your passport as ID (some shops might not require this although it is law).

It depends upon how many calls you anticipate receiving.

A quick and dirty (but probably not the cheapest) solution would be an AIS 1-2-Call pre pay mobile. Can set up for roaming and you can reload online with your credit card.

You can get a Skype landline number for a very cheap subscription

Is this available with a Thai number? I couldn't find it

Looking for similar solution. But other than expensive roaming options of prepaid sims, nothing.

"2nd best time to plant a tree is today." Sent from ThaiVisa app.

You can purchase a local Oz number from Skype $35 a year, then purchase a call plan from Skype - International plan is $12 a month and allows you to call forward your OZ number to a Thai landline or Thai Cell phone (both are included in your subscription). If you have a smart phone you can load the Skype app and simply answer the phone and of course when you are online you can answer your calls.

Sadly William our OP wants to go the other way with his callers dialling a Thai number.

BR, as I noted AIS (and possibly others) can be reloaded online with a credit card, and yes, it works from overseas with an international card.

You can purchase a local Oz number from Skype $35 a year, then purchase a call plan from Skype - International plan is $12 a month and allows you to call forward your OZ number to a Thai landline or Thai Cell phone (both are included in your subscription). If you have a smart phone you can load the Skype app and simply answer the phone and of course when you are online you can answer your calls.

No i want a Thai phone number not an Oz one

Can you tell us why.? Its easier if we know the circumstances.

if you want an 02 number then get a skype land line and choose sydney 02

Im pre paid AIS and get calls on roaming without even activating..

My gf tops up my phone via her phone, dont know how though

I manage a Thai business. I need Thai customers to be able to call me on a Thai number.

Again -.... i dont want a syndey number i dont want an Austrlaian number. I live in Australia at the moment so i already have one. I want a 02 BANGKOK number or actually any Thai number that i can give to clients who can call me at local rates and i answer calls in Australia

I manage a Thai business. I need Thai customers to be able to call me on a Thai number.

Again -.... i dont want a syndey number i dont want an Austrlaian number. I live in Australia at the moment so i already have one. I want a 02 BANGKOK number or actually any Thai number that i can give to clients who can call me at local rates and i answer calls in Australia

"Again -.... i dont want a syndey number i dont want an Austrlaian number"

attitude gets you a long way, good luck you sound on top of it

• Like 2

Have a look at this thread and you may find something in there. Starts in 2008 and goes through to this month.

Some people in there have got it ar$e about as well but you may find what you are looking for in the CAT2call or 06 number answers. It has some links for further info, haven't clicked on any to check what they are about, you'll need to do that.

Hi,

I am amazed by [MOD EDIT: flame removed - please check forum rule #4 before posting]

http://www.cat2call.com you will want the cat2call + service, wich give you an inbound bangkok Number ( 02) that can be used anywhere in the world with an internet connection . the cost is 200 B a month with 200 B of free calls incuded.

Pinball

Edited by Phil Conners
flame removed

Get a voip service will be a better/easy option for you. You get prepaid sim and roam, the charge is expensive.

TOTNetcall has outgoing calls-numbers, but which Thai provider support incoming numbers?

If you have a Thai business the obviously you can just sign up with AIS, or TRUE etc as a post paid customer as I do. You get your bill every month and pay it thats all. When you are not in Thailand you simply put your phone on ROAM and Bob's your uncle.

[MOD EDIT: Reply to flame deleted]

I also have difficulties to accept cat2call rates.

Cat2call: Thailand: 0.75B/min

Cat2call plus: Thailand: 2B/min

I suppose they have some very good reason for that..

Edited by Guest
Reply to flame deleted