2012 Ktm Duke 200

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

when it was introduced in Novemeber it was a special launch price of THB 200,200 (very cute!), still a lot for a 200cc bike. If it was a bit cheaper i'd love to have one. http://www.kunkacorp.com/ http://www.ktmthailand.net/index.html

It is a bit disconcerting that a company selling such big ticket items can't manage to keep their websites up or up-to-date... TiT I suppose... wai.gif

I took a good look at these bikes at the Central World show and gotta say they are awesome.

This little 200cc was my favorite bike of the show because I could see myself riding one through BKK daily.

It has fairly narrow bars and was very comfortable (5'8"-175cm) to sit on too.

The bike looks well designed and well made as you'd expect from KTM.

Some of the components like the swingarm and muffler will be hard for the aftermarket to improve upon.

I say it would be an awesome primary city bike.

Outside the city an ER6n is a far better bike and not much more to buy.

Pity this little KTM costs so much new, but I look forward to finding a used one in a few years.

Fantastic looking bike with high spec components, but pretty pricey for a 200cc bike that's made in India...

Did some research looks ilke in India this bike sells for 120,000 INR, or about .... 80,000 THB!

Is that a different spec for India domestic, or what happened? I thought there's a free trade agreement between India and Thailand...

For 80k baht I'd pick one up right now...it's almost ridiculous.

Reference here: http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/business/india-business/KTMs-Duke-200-launched-in-India-for-Rs-1-18-lakh/articleshow/11615906.cms

Edited by nikster

Fantastic looking bike with high spec components, but pretty pricey for a 200cc bike that's made in India...

Did some research looks ilke in India this bike sells for 120,000 INR, or about .... 80,000 THB!

Is that a different spec for India domestic, or what happened? I thought there's a free trade agreement between India and Thailand...

Reference here: http://timesofindia....ow/11615906.cms

if these were really 80k in thailand there would be hardly any 250 ninjas or cbrs sold

Reference here: http://timesofindia....ow/11615906.cms

if these were really 80k in thailand there would be hardly any 250 ninjas or cbrs sold

For sure it would sell like hotcakes at 80k Baht, but it's a bit underpowered for anything other than city riding.

Yes, underpowered for Thailand. Who would want to be limited to 135 kms/h?

Or, to even less power than the Ninjette or CBr? It's too painful to contemplate.

But as to price, I'm curious. Treaty agreements with India and China are not necessarily the same as those with Asean nations as they were negotiated between Thailand and one of the Great Ones separately. It must be that at least a good part of the markup is attributable to import duty that remains somehow in force? Or alternatively, to modifications that must be made to comply with air-quality laws??

And if this latter is the case, what about specs? In short: Anybody know where the difference in money goes - as a fact??

Pity its restricted to 135 kph.

I doubt it would do much more than that any way, 135 would be within it's reach and it would get there pretty quickly, after then i would expect it to take a while to hit 160kmh. But top speed isn't what this bike's about, i bet it would be a fun little bike on or off road smile.png

Edited by karlos

• 4 months later...

Saw a couple while I was on vacation in Macau. Build quality is as expected from KTM. They are a bit on the small side however, definitely not for the XXL crowd.

With a price tag like that, I'm not so sure if they'll be selling lots of it here. I wonder how much they sell for in Malaysia, if it's almost as 3x as what they're selling for in India just as it is here.

Edited by RED21

At that price it's a poor mans status symbol. I can't see how this bike is worth 220,000 You can nearly get a pair of CBR 250's for that.

You can almost get 2 new 650cc kawasakis for the price of the new Honda Integra 700cc at the BigWing Showroom

But someone still bought one ,I was parking at central last week and well surprised to see a shiny red one parked there

Theres serious amount of rich thai people that will buy a big motorcycle with not much intention of using it , I meet a lot of people

that only use their bikes on a sunday afternoon in the dry season and dont really go anywhere ,after a year or two the bikes have barely done any

milage at all

Ive seen a versys for sale recently with 700km on the clock after a year ! Amazing people would drop 300k on a toy and then not play with it

My brother bought some limited edition Harley for nearly 30k and he never uses it. It's been sitting in his garage for 5years. He took on a few trips the first year, and I have never heard him mention it since.

sounds familiar for some HD riders rolleyes.gif .. worked in Texas a few years, some of the local guys i worked with got a company to truck their Harleys up to some bike event in Houston.... 3 hours away blink.png

• 2 weeks later...

Saw the 200cc Duke go up against an Indian CBR250R on youtube and the CBR250R absolutely demolished it from beginning to end.

Duke is lighter than the CBR250

Duke has more power than the CBR250

Duke has better tires, forks, shock, brakes, the list goes on and on ... than the CBR250

Maybe it could be the riders on the bike ?

Drove nearly 800 km to my nearest KTM dealer I know (problem 1)

Had money in my pocket.

Looked over the bike, clearly top notch built and A1 quality

What a wonderful bike this would be up in the mountians around Chiang Mai as well as busy city streets.

However, I wanted slightly higher bars and the clutch cable is too short to easily replace the bars alone (problem 2)

Also at 6'2" (189 cm) I simply do not fit the bike. My knees hung out in the wind. My legs are not made for the cut on the tank, pushing them out.

Some things just were not made to be . . .

Saw the 200cc Duke go up against an Indian CBR250R on youtube and the CBR250R absolutely demolished it from beginning to end.

Duke is lighter than the CBR250

Duke has more power than the CBR250

Duke has better tires, forks, shock, brakes, the list goes on and on ... than the CBR250

Maybe it could be the riders on the bike ?

Just ignore him. hehehoho is back after another couple of bans - with yet another username and spamming the CBR250 again sick.gif

I like the KTM200 but it's clearly way overpriced. Should be sitting around the 130k mark in my opinion, they're very well made, high spec bikes but 220k is pretty ridiculous. It's a shame they've priced it so high - it would be a great city bike and probably decent on light trails as well.

^ I just put it through youtube now.

The CBR250R spanks it in the head to head drag video from the very beginning, not bad for a bike that's half the price! smile.png

Check out some reviews, they're lucky to see the high 130's kph (indicated) while the rider crawls under the paint.

taking an impressive 9.52secs to pass 100kph after launch.

From 100 to 120 it was pretty effortless, but beyond that the bike took a while to reach 130. And the console got stuck 138 kmph.

1st gear - 40km/h

2nd gear-60km/h

3rd gear-80km/h

4th gear-100km/h

5th gear-116km/h

6th gear-136km/h

All the above figures are at 10000rpm where it hits the red line.

5th gear-116km/h

I'm not sure what the CBR250R is doing at redline in 5th, but I know when it hits the limiter at 1k rpm into it it's doing 150kph.

It's a nice looking bike, but to be honest, if one wanted a hot little streetfighter for the city, I think you'd be best going for a CBR250R and modding it, there's some sweet streefighting versions out there already. smile.png

Edited by EmptyBasementBin

Ummm... Methinks someone has been on too much jungle juice...

clap2.gif

KTM Specs:

Top Speed: 136 kph

Displacement: 199.5 cc

Max Power: 25Bhp@10000 RPM

Max Torque: 19.2 Nm@8000RPM

0-60:3.03 seconds

Weight:136 kg

Ground Clearance:165mm

Fuel Tank: 10.5 liters