Thai Bride Reject Threatens To Kill Herself At British Embassy In Bangkok

webfact

it's a shame that so many of you are judging her so harshly, there is probably more to this than meets the eye and it would not surprise me if the husband is just hiding behind UK law & immigration to suit his own needs, he should man up to his responsibilities!

Sure, be a good water buffalo and let your Thai wife slaughter you.

BBQ tonight, invite the whole village, we are slaughtering our farang water buffalo.

Edited by z12

• Replies 698
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is a good example of why western men should never get married to Thai's expecially isan .

Thai's marry 45-75 y/old semi retired or retired farangs for their money /oseas residency and work rights and the prized possession of a farang passport.

Thais never marry farang for love or companionship. The reason they work bar or go on the net is to get away from their dreadful Thai men.

Find a retired farang with 2 income streams and jump on the money train.

Its that simple.

If it were up to me i would ban all Thai -farang marriages.

Its always one -way with thais. What we can give them not what they can give us.

In my opinion the British are the most gullible when it comes to marriages in the tropics.

I CONGRATULATE the British government for taking a tough stance. She is a parasite...dump her.

That's a bit harsh, isn't it? Guys shouldn't marry bar ladies - but I for one have seldom met a bad, money grabbing Thai woman. The vast majority of them were honest, hard-working women (not bar ladies!). Try to put things into perspective.

I would love to hear the other side of the story but I think I pretty much know it already.

Yes... all these blethering away about this lady in such uncharitable terms.

This besotted Scot fell in love and married her THREE times with the clincher being the third one at the local Registrar in his homeland. They apparently traveled the world together for a few years but somewhere, the guild fell off the lily as far as he was concerned so he 'withdrew' to Scotland. Note that he didn't initiate any divorce proceedings as that would cost MONEY. They were separated but still legally married when the border <deleted> at Glasgow airport denied her entry to the UK. Our canny Scot did have a few connections apparently which served him well in this instance. I mean how did they specifically know they were separated if he hadn't tipped them off? He had booked and paid for her flight to Glasgow with the sole intent of letting UK Immigration 'enforce' his wish for her to just go away. He knew that the asset-stripping of a Scottish divorce would reduce his net worth but not significantly so which means he is just your atypical mean, tight-arsed Scot... with the emphasis on mean. He also knows that a similar rape of his assets would ensue if he pursued the divorce in Thailand so he isn't going there either is he? He wants it all just to go away as if it is a bad dream but eventually he will have to pay her for buggering up her dreams as well.

But I will admit that she hasn't done herself any favours with this stunt claiming to top herself at the British Embassy on Valentine's Day. That's all a bit Thai television soap-opera to me but then again, so does the whole story.

As far as i understand, they have to cohabit pretty much full time until her citizenship is granted. She was in Thailand, who knows why. If he was blissfully happy, why kick her out? Seems likely to me she got duped into going out of the country without knowing the rules. Had divorce proceedings been started before her return to the UK? Nope. Just about every thai woman I know married to a farang in the UK know that during the first couple of years of their marriage, the immigration like to see that she has stayed permenantly in the UK.

There are two sides to every story.

Where is citizenship mentioned by anyone? She was in Thailand because they stopped traveling overseas together (when he fell out of love) and he handily went home so she went to her home as the miserable curmudgeon didn't have the balls to tell her as much.

She is NOT divorced so she is still HIS SPOUSE and he has not initiated ANY divorce proceedings as he had absolutely NO evidence that she took up with another man. Therefore, in the eyes of the law in both Thailand and Scotland, they are still married and she should still be allowed to apply for and get a spouse visa, go to Scotland, file for divorce and take the old goat for every ha'penny she can get while his head is still up his arse.

it's a shame that so many of you are judging her so harshly, there is probably more to this than meets the eye and it would not surprise me if the husband is just hiding behind UK law & immigration to suit his own needs, he should man up to his responsibilities!

I agree with you 100% - he should man up to his responsibilities BUT not to the point that he loses 50% of his assets (and more).

It is a good example of why western men should never get married to Thai's expecially isan .

Thai's marry 45-75 y/old semi retired or retired farangs for their money /oseas residency and work rights and the prized possession of a farang passport.

Thais never marry farang for love or companionship. The reason they work bar or go on the net is to get away from their dreadful Thai men.

Its that simple.

Its always one -way with thais. What we can give them not what they can give us.

In my opinion the British are the most gullible when it comes to marriages in the tropics.

I CONGRATULATE the British government for taking a tough stance. She is a parasite...dump her.

That's a bit harsh, isn't it? Guys shouldn't marry bar ladies - but I for one have seldom met a bad, money grabbing Thai woman. The vast majority of them were honest, hard-working women (not bar ladies!). Try to put things into perspective.

Some have posted on thaivisa, that the non bar girls are even worse than the bar girls from their experience.

Edited by z12

Welcome to reality of life,may be she should ask other nationals in Thailand how THAI immigration is treating them.

Wonder how many foreigner who married a Thais actually got what they apply for. Well we all now how the systems works dont we.

However, this Brit man is also a coward, please end the relationship if you doesn't want her anymore. SHameless oldman !!

Edited by Commentor

Welcome to reality of life,may be she should ask other nationals in Thailand how THAI immigration is treating them.

Thai immigration is a picnic compared to the pompous, narcissistic 'UK Border Agency', acushla. Last time I returned they tried to stop me re-entering (I'm a British citizen) because they didn't like some of the places I'd been to, or my reasons for going to them. I just walked past them. They can't stop me entering my own country.

British Immigration laws are among the toughest in the world, and the borders are staffed by clueless, jumped-up little pen-pushers who think they've got a bit of power.

Beg to differ on the first bit about them being among the toughest in the world. You are quite correct on the last part though

I agree with you 100% - he should man up to his responsibilities BUT not to the point that he loses 50% of his assets (and more).

The courts will be fair... this isn't Hollywood and she cannot claim for 50% of his assets. However, he doesn't want her to have ANYTHING which is just plain mean. He knows when he goes to court that his exuberant embrace of their love through THREE wedding ceremonies is a significant factor in awarding HER some of his wealth. He has even dropped the claim of adultery and is clinging in vain for divorce on the grounds of desertion. Unfortunately, I believe that only works if there has been no evidence of contact between the parties for a defined period of years. She (and Andrew Drummond) are keeping this story front and center so he can't claim in court that he doesn't know where she is. He, along with the incredibly stupid UK Border Agency are merely delaying the inevitable.

Edited by NanLaew

Its that simple.

Some Thai girl must have really pissed on your bonfire!! Love to meet her. Or is this a case of believing everything you read on all the forums?

Don't tar them all with the same brush; my missus is three years younger than me, runs a business and we have been married for 14 years; don't preach BS you obviously know nothing about.

Slightly off-topic, sorry bout that.

Money is the main thing and look at those protesters with her, they dont even know why they are there. i am a foreigner and i love thai people. i have been to many countries in Asia and i know the people.

Foreigners should also know who they marry...

If a Thai women's husband dies, she can remain in the country and eventually apply for citizenship. Western countries do believe in human rights and act compassionately enough to understand the bond of married is not total severed with the death of the Western spouse. The spouse usually forms bonds with the Western family and has become part of that Western society. And being a spouse of a Westerner gives that spouse a path to citizenship. That's compassion.

But here in Thailand!!! I'm here on a marriage visa. If my wife dies, I don't even get time to grieve; I don't get the time to make funeral arrangements. My first act needs to be to get my bereaved butt down to immigration because my visa is immediately null and void at the time of my wife's death -- otherwise I risk being fined and/or thrown in jail -- really compassionate of the Thai government. "You wife dead. Either put 800K baht in bank for retirement visa, find a job, or get hell out of our country farang. Thai wife dead - you go." The Thai government could give a rip about human rights or compassion.

Yes, that is sad to have them treating foreign spouse this way. Where is the compassion to the children (if any) if the dad or mum have to leave. Just like my country (cannot mentioned) which recently deported the spouse after her husband died from an accident. 3 children can stay but spouse deported. It sickening !!

Edited by metisdead
30) Do not modify someone else's post in your quoted reply, either with font or color changes, added emoticons, or altered wording.

What's the difference between a Scottish man and a Thai man? The Thai man wears underwear under his skirt.

But to be serious, as we have to be on TV, from all the evidence this is a classic battle of the giants........ a stingy Scotsman versus a greedy Thai woman. They truly deserve each other and who really cares who wins.

Edited by bigbamboo

Off topic posts and trolling nonsense posts have been removed. Another post has been edited as the font had been altered to bold and red which is in contravention of forum rule:

30) Do not modify someone else's post in your quoted reply, either with font or color changes, added emoticons, or altered wording.

Would it be a serious loss of face if she does not commit public suicide on Valentines day after she has publically announced it? What will all the spectators who will be turning up do when she simply just goes home in a huff. The only ones who are going to gain out of this are all the food carts and "T" shirt sellers who have already reserved thier spot on the footpath.

Can we book online and will there be a support act?

Wonder how many foreigner who married a Thais actually got what they apply for. Well we all now how the systems works dont we.

However, this Brit man is also a coward, please end the relationship if you doesn't want her anymore. SHameless oldman !!

Umm he did and filed for divorce, isn't that ending the relationship?

Why don't they just call her bluff and wait until February 15th.

If she values her life so little and kills herself, problem solved.

If she doesn't, UK decision to not let her in is justified because she would have proven she doesn't stick to her word, making her stated intentions for entry meaningless. Entry denied, problem solved.

All I want to do is fight my divorce and my human rights cases in Britain. When I have finished the authorities can stamp my passport red and say I am a person they do not want. I do not want to stay in the U.K. I love Thailand

So she wants to go to the UK and then be barred from the UK as she doesn't want to stay in the UK.

She loves Thailand.

Easy solution: Fight the divorce in Thailand - Easy. Stay in Thailand - Easy.

She loves Thailand. How quaint

She's complaining that she can't get a divorce. Why can't she seek a divorce in Thailand? She merely wants the additional perks for divorcing in the UK - alimony, perhaps some of HIS retirement. Money-grubbing Thai women like this cast a dark shadow on the many decent Thai women that are actually seeking love and not a man's life savings. The UK government's reasoning for denying her visa request makes perfect sense - if you do not plan to live with your spouse you are not eligible for a spouse visa. What's wrong with that?? clap2.gif

As it don’t look like she would live with her “husband” anyway, she may even enjoy the same status as someone caught in a faked marriage resulting in deportation in almost every country.

And to the Scotsman: Happy Valentine’s Day! burp.gif

Its that simple.

I did not have any money when I married my Thai Wife, I lost it to a previous Thai partner in the UK, a gold digger, very similar to this woman. My wife stuck with me through difficult times and now we are very well off. I do not see any reason to ban all Thai/Farang marriages, without her I would not had three wonderful children and built up a fortune to retire on.

There is good and bad both ways, there are many Thai Women who marry Brits and when they get to the UK, find that their husbands are out of work, on the dole, don't want to work, take drugs, are alcholics and only want a cheap house keeper with added nightly benefits. Quite a few of the Thai Women find that they have to go out to work in order to make ends meet.

From my experience in the Thai Community in the UK there are quite a lot of Thai Women married to Brits who are cheating on their husbands without their knowledge. Mostly they are ex-bar girls who married Brits for a better life, but then found that they cannot afford to go out to the bars and discos as and when they please, unlike here. Many speak openly in Thai that they have married the farang for the money to send home to their families, and expect to return back to Thailand once their farang husbands have built them a house up country for their mothers. The Booths met through an online dating agency. I know quite a few Thai Women, using the online dating agencies as a means to get suckers to send them money. Some of them have farnag hsubands already or at least Thai boyfriends lving off the "Online Dating Business". The Women I know have 3 to 5 would be husbands sending them B30,000 or more per month each. This is truly a scam similar to that perpetuated by the Nigerian 419 Scammers. One Thai Woman with 4 guys on the go was given an ultimatum by one boyfriend to get married or he would not send anymore money. She arranged a Thai "Marriage in the Ghost Ceremony" in her village and the idiot thinks he is actually now married to her, and he is still sending money, as are the 3 others. Amazing Thailand!

Another friend has married a Swiss, then a Spaniard and lastly an Iranian. She took money in the divorce from the first two and she left the Iranian she was living with in Bangkok after clearing his bank account saying that she could not live with a man with no money (she'd cleared him out).

One of my Thai nieces got married last year to a wealthy German and she told her family that she would give him two years and then file for divorce. So you see this is a well scripted Thai recipe to get rich quick through marriage, without a long term committment. Despite the regular warnings in Thai Visa over the years, I do not know of anyone who took the advice not to marry the bar girl with the big assets, but plenty of them are back to complain about their marriages breaking down and their one hard earned Big Assets being stripped from them.

Threatening suicide is not the way to argue for a visa.

Exactly I think she just slammed the door on herself for any chance of a visa in the future. The risk of allowing her into the country is way more than anyone would wish to deal with.What if she is in the country and loses it and kills herself what would the ramifications be of that.

+1

I don't understand why you guys are all unhappy with Thai immigration. Are you in Thailand? If so what is the problem? you got a visa.

I have no issues with Thai immigration they are always helpful and easy to get along with, been here 13 years no problems, why are so many of you having a problem?

Have you tried to apply for residency? then you will see where their true colors lie.