The Key To A Thai Woman'S Heart?

KamalaDreamer

All women want to be looked after but I think all this money number 1 is <deleted>.

And if we go food shopping she always tries to pay 1st.

Your post says much more than you understand.

She's playing what's known as the "waiting game".

She wants you to think that she's ........... wait for it ................ DIFFERENT.

You're a a second choice. She's with you because:

1. she's a divorcee with kids and no Thai man wants her

2. she's over 25 and no Thai man wants her

Being with you (whether you like it or not) represents a loss of face on her behalf. Money is what compensates.

The more she tries to hide this fact, the more she makes it obvious.

No offence but your post resembles that of someone who has been 'burned' by someone fitting the above descriptions. Not that it matters but she is 22, has never had kids and has never been married. And I'm not sure how she is hiding me either. She's quite affectionate in public which I understand is frowned upon generally in Thailand? I've been to the village and literally every ba-nok in sight was smiling trying to shake my hand. I even done some tamboon thing with her in her home temple, her sister done it with her lesbo gf too and her mum was there too.

Now I'm sure there is maybe some thinking on her mums part that she is taken care of for life, but tbh anyone's mum would be thinking that. Although in our case her mum was more than happy to hear about us as her sister is a lesbian so she was relieved that her other daughter didn't go down the same route.

I'm sure you have spent plenty of time in Thailand and have been a few girls which naturally gives you a PHD in Thai Girls but you can't paint them all with the same brush so please don't presume to think everyone will take that view seriously.

Yes yours is different. You are so lucky and smart you should write a book and open a school to teach the rest of us.

Edited by harryfrompattaya

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We can have a lot of fun here just joking around, but how many times do we have to ask the same question?

Of course women from poor families are going to try and better their position. What sane woman wouldn't? Unfortunately for Thai women there are more poor Thai guys than wealthy ones who can support them. That leaves the OTHER option... a farang who is reasonably well off. Unfortunately, most of those men are getting a little grey in their hair. Young, handsome farangs mostly have to work off shore somewhere else and can only spend a small portion of the year in Thailand. That leaves just the fat old retired guys as a viable option to do the family support program. Thai women hold their nose and pick the best of a bad bunch. But, the very cute gals who don't mind a little part time "hooking" can have a whole bunch of men lined up to take their turn. Those gals get cold and mercenary in a hurry.

Young women from wealthy families in Thailand also have problems, and are at somewhat of a disadvantage. They don't HAVE to look for a guy to support their family, so they want a young guy who is educated and also from a well "connected" wealthy family. They also want a guy who can speak their language. Unfortunately for the those gals there aren't too many young, wealthy, handsome Thai men available. And, the ones there are have a bevy of hot chicks begging for attention. I personally know at least 4 very attractive Thai women who are single and from wealthy families. None of these gals have steady boyfriends.

I don't know any woman who will pick an ugly guy over a more handsome man given that the financial wealth is somewhat equal. That cuts down on the potential partners considerably. Thai guys just want some hottie who will sleep with them, and there seems to be an endless supply of them.

So why ain't you with a Canadian?

Why you fooling around with bamboo that you have made your decision about?

We can have a lot of fun here just joking around, but how many times do we have to ask the same question?

Of course women from poor families are going to try and better their position. What sane woman wouldn't? Unfortunately for Thai women there are more poor Thai guys than wealthy ones who can support them. That leaves the OTHER option... a farang who is reasonably well off. Unfortunately, most of those men are getting a little grey in their hair. Young, handsome farangs mostly have to work off shore somewhere else and can only spend a small portion of the year in Thailand. That leaves just the fat old retired guys as a viable option to do the family support program. Thai women hold their nose and pick the best of a bad bunch. But, the very cute gals who don't mind a little part time "hooking" can have a whole bunch of men lined up to take their turn. Those gals get cold and mercenary in a hurry.

Young women from wealthy families in Thailand also have problems, and are at somewhat of a disadvantage. They don't HAVE to look for a guy to support their family, so they want a young guy who is educated and also from a well "connected" wealthy family. They also want a guy who can speak their language. Unfortunately for the those gals there aren't too many young, wealthy, handsome Thai men available. And, the ones there are have a bevy of hot chicks begging for attention. I personally know at least 4 very attractive Thai women who are single and from wealthy families. None of these gals have steady boyfriends.

I don't know any woman who will pick an ugly guy over a more handsome man given that the financial wealth is somewhat equal. That cuts down on the potential partners considerably. Thai guys just want some hottie who will sleep with them, and there seems to be an endless supply of them.

So why ain't you with a Canadian?

Why you fooling around with bamboo that you have made your decision about?

PS; first instinct is usually the right one. I don't like you. TV Moderator will step in as appropriate.

I think the idea that women can be summed up in some kind of catchphrase (no matter which one you choose) sorta shows the person who believes that doesn't actually *really know* any women. They may be around you, you may interact with them, but you're not thinking of them as individual persons who may just chance to be as 'complex' and 'real' persons as you (potentially) are.

Would women want as good a deal as they can get? Sure, why not, don't men? Would this involve financial security, emotional support, good sex, family harmony and public respectability? Well, duh! What posters who believe it is ALL about money may be missing out on, is that if they're not apparently offering (able to offer) what the ladies in question are looking for in ALL the above areas, certain areas may have to be adjusted upward to make the deal look good enough. But that's no fault- heck, when *I*'m dating someone I think about what we both have to offer and if it works well together, and if someone's falling down in one department other areas *can* make up for it.

I'm sure there are plenty of single (possibly widowed, divorced, etc.) women out there in the same age range as our average male forum members here. Probably a number of them have their own money, too. Try dating (or even simply knowing) some of those ladies and see if money's all they're thinking of from you.

I think the idea that women can be summed up in some kind of catchphrase (no matter which one you choose) sorta shows the person who believes that doesn't actually *really know* any women. They may be around you, you may interact with them, but you're not thinking of them as individual persons who may just chance to be as 'complex' and 'real' persons as you (potentially) are.

Would women want as good a deal as they can get? Sure, why not, don't men? Would this involve financial security, emotional support, good sex, family harmony and public respectability? Well, duh! What posters who believe it is ALL about money may be missing out on, is that if they're not apparently offering (able to offer) what the ladies in question are looking for in ALL the above areas, certain areas may have to be adjusted upward to make the deal look good enough. But that's no fault- heck, when *I*'m dating someone I think about what we both have to offer and if it works well together, and if someone's falling down in one department other areas *can* make up for it.

I'm sure there are plenty of single (possibly widowed, divorced, etc.) women out there in the same age range as our average male forum members here. Probably a number of them have their own money, too. Try dating (or even simply knowing) some of those ladies and see if money's all they're thinking of from you.

Educated career woman with money has her own money. So what does she want from a man? She'll go down the equivalent of the Bangla Road or have a baby to prove she's a woman.

Personally I'll settle for the Thai woman who doesn't have a lot of money. Much classier.

I've deleted a post and a reply to it

I don't know why someone always has to do the throw insult at someone you don't know in the very least simply cos you had a bad experience with someone else.

Any more of these and it will involve more than simply deleting your post

I've deleted a post and a reply to it

I don't know why someone always has to do the throw insult at someone you don't know in the very least simply cos you had a bad experience with someone else.

Any more of these and it will involve more than simply deleting your post

Well said and well done Mig16

Yep a lot of jaded guys with hearts full of sorrows, they will never understand women so they just characterise them as gold diggers and heart breakers. But they are not all like that.

Edited by waza
  • Like 2

Yep a lot of jaded guys with hearts full of sorrows, they will never understand women so they just characterise them as gold diggers and heart breakers.

And these are the ones that fashion themselves the experts on Asian women, less their sisters worldwide.

I have saide it before and I will say it again, Men are hunters and women are nesters. Therefore the answer is a good nest.

Let's not get too cocky waza.

Must be his dominate and secure matriarchal side taking influence.

I have saide it before and I will say it again, Men are hunters and women are nesters. Therefore the answer is a good nest.

Just my jaded heart talking, after 2 marriages where I worked hard and built a life with them they decided I was to plain and boring and needed the excitement of a bad boy. Now I want to be the bad boy lol

Just my jaded heart talking, after 2 marriages where I worked hard and built a life with them they decided I was to plain and boring and needed the excitement of a bad boy. Now I want to be the bad boy lol

Chill waza. Nobody's perfect.

Apologies if this sounds patronising or cocky.

ATB

Hold on boss......yes it is true that women are individuals and part of the excitement and interest in a relationship is getting to know your lady, however to suggest that generalizations are wrong in all cases is not on. I ( and no doubt everyone else here ) could do a list of ten things that 99% of women hate and that list would be accurate.

Therefore it is also possible to draw up a list of what 99% of women like.........everyone needs to remember that yes some guys may be "jaded" as a previous poster put it, however it doesn't get away from the fact that we have plenty of experience of the opposite sex.

Of course, I see money coming up all the time. I wonder if these sorts are only hanging around women who are looking for just that (hookers). Or, when involved with women, the only thing that they have to offer in a relationship and the only thing the woman wants from them is - money. So its a self fullfilling prophecy.

I must know a half dozen Thai women who would enojy nothing more than to have a solid, loving realtionship with a man, even if that man is farang. They all happen to be 40+, make decent money and have passports.

These are the types of guys that always knock getting married. They have failed at marriage themselves and they want to re-gain a youth they most likely never had.

Marriage might be an outmoded institution but it does provide benefits for couples and cover for your woman - making her legal and honorable. Benefits for both Thai AND farang (although admittedly few in Thailand).

It's one thing to roll ones eyes at some guy marrying a woman out of a bar, off the internet, thru introduction service and with limited time together. It's another to slag guys who have been out here for years and decide to marry. Its never - don't get married, its an outmoded institution, blah blah...

It's always - Thai women no good. Thai women - money grubbers.

These sorts of men should be fully aware of all the issues and cultural pitfalls and from what I see on the board, many are very happy! Of course, some fall to divorce but with rates 50+% in the west, things happen in modern society.

I really have to ask myself, if you are think so poorly of the opposite sex in this nation, why are you here? Oh yeah - you are a bad boy.

Edited by bangkokburning

Hold on boss......yes it is true that women are individuals and part of the excitement and interest in a relationship is getting to know your lady, however to suggest that generalizations are wrong in all cases is not on. I ( and no doubt everyone else here ) could do a list of ten things that 99% of women hate and that list would be accurate.

Therefore it is also possible to draw up a list of what 99% of women like.........everyone needs to remember that yes some guys may be "jaded" as a previous poster put it, however it doesn't get away from the fact that we have plenty of experience of the opposite sex.

I agree nothing wrong with generalisations however using sweeping generalisations to argues one's point of view is lazy. The moment you use "ALL" about something as diverse as personality you've got to know you're talking poppycock.

And although your argument is fair and reasoned, the topic was the key to a Thai woman's heart not 99% of Thai women's hearts.

In other news, I've never seen a fair and unbiased questionnaire generate a 99% swing in any properly constructed focus group so I believe I would struggle with such a list but hey I'll give it a go.

1. Nuclear War

2. Foul Body Odor

3. Being trapped in a cave

4. Biting into a mouse in your KFC bucket

5. Being hung, drawn and quartered

6. Getting run over by your husband's mistress in your car

7. Your boyfriend's Great Dane constantly defecating on your pillow

8. Constant nagging about your sexual past

9. False imprisonment in a Thai prison

10. Inattention

I believe the "like" list you will find a lot harder?!?

Edited by 2unique
  • Like 2

This same topic, and a few others, is repeated over and over on thaivisa all the time. It takes the average stereotype of Asians and uses it as a thesis.

Yet, they [redundant subject matter] never become stale, do they?

Hmmm......wonder why that is?

This same topic, and a few others, is repeated over and over on thaivisa all the time. It takes the average stereotype of Asians and uses it as a thesis.

Yet, they [redundant subject matter] never become stale, do they?

Hmmm......wonder why that is?

True, and that is why these topics go on for 10 pages and simple questions are done after 3 or 4 answers. Like I said, they are all just in fun anyway. There is a REASON why they call it the "Battle of the sexes". As a general rule men and women have different needs and wishes and we argue over how it should be from our own perspective.

And, in answer to another poster... Not all marriages or relationships that end are failures. Very often they are for the best for both parties. Why should two people who can't get along have to spend the rest of their lives in misery? It's only when children are involved that things get complicated, or when one party in the relationship wants to create havoc after it ends.