What Can I Do With $100,000?

Odd, but not surprising if it is in fact true. A lot of increased surveillance from Big Brother.

Oh it is true & my wife & I had the displeasure ;)

To make matters worse I got separated from my wife in line of boarding because I held the door for two ladies entering the boarding room with us.

The customs guy asks my wife do you have more than 10K & my wife being Thai asks...Do you mean just me or my husband & I combined.

Well that was that & he starts interrogating her. I can see so excuse myself past the ladies & say this is my wife & ask what is the problem?

He tells me because of what she said he has reason to suspect her of lying. I explain English is not her 1st language & it seems like a valid question to me.

Do you mean her or us combined? He said combined so I said yes more than 10k cash

He then told us we need to step out of line & fill in forms. I said no problem do you want to count the cash & he said no just fill in these forms.

Funny also that was on China Airlines...On a trip we just took a month ago on Korean no in line questioning but as we passed the China Airlines boarding we saw the same guys/uniforms asking the boarders. Made me wonder if they concentrate on certain airlines?

What scares me is that I belong to several financial services groups and they are all advising to get your money out of the US. They say that congress will enact laws very soon that will prevent US citizens from taking money out of the US. It sounds preposterous but they realize that the wealth is moving out while the poor are moving in so they figure it is a trememndous loss of tax revenue.

Don't know if it is true but I will say on my last few trips from US to Thailand the goons at departure make a big deal out of asking every single person if they are carrying more than 10k

These are not TSA folks either. Customs I guess? They are stationed right at the boarding line

I have made at least 15 trips to Thailand since 1998 and have only been askedonce how much money I had on me. It seemed they where targeting the folks going to Taiwan at Chinese new year. I told him 5,000 plus some euros he said no problem. I didn't mention the 10,000 in my carry on.

As long as you don't park it in stocks or Bangkok condominiums I think you are fine.

What's wrong with investing in Bangkok condominiums?

There is a weird pattern on thaivisa- generally, people with no money to invest will tell you how bad it is to invest in bangkok condos; those with money to invest will to you its worth checking out.

Nearly every category is "worth checking out" but this often requires more knowledge in order to reduce the risks involved. Furthermore, OP mentioned that he has already invested in real estate so wouldn't it seem sensible to diversify a little?