Central Mall Ubon Ratchathani

ubonrthai

Does anyone know for sure where the new Central Mall is going to be built in Ubon Ratchathani? I've heard across from Makro, across from Ratchathani University and somewhere around the ring road intersection to Sisaket. There is currently development going on at all 3 locations; most notably across from Ratchathani University where there is a massive amount of dirt work going on. I thought that was where the new provincial building was going though.

According to a post in Ubon Guide it's supposed to be 140,000sq.m making it one of the larger provincial Centrals.

likewise I heard from a local that C.Mall is building across Ratchathani Univ., also the same guy told me that

Robinson department store is also building in the area (I don't know exact location) but near where all the new

development areas are.

Be careful on the west side of the ring road. I've seen 3 accidents in the last two days with all the construction and dirt trucks. It's a bit chaotic. I took some pics here.

Thanks for the link to your website - looks an interesting site and duly bookmarked!

I use that approach into Ubon when having to visit the lower part of the town, and yes Sapphasit Road really is a busy mess isn't it? But no problems to visit the new mall, as we are only a couple of klicks away along the bypass, so no need to join the Sapphasit chaos. I should imagine that most people will approach via the bypass too.

likewise I heard from a local that C.Mall is building across Ratchathani Univ., also the same guy told me that

Robinson department store is also building in the area (I don't know exact location) but near where all the new

development areas are.

Robinsons is going to the development area across Makro, near Big C.

Be careful on the west side of the ring road. I've seen 3 accidents in the last two days with all the construction and dirt trucks. It's a bit chaotic. I took some pics here.

Thanks for the link to your website - looks an interesting site and duly bookmarked!

I use that approach into Ubon when having to visit the lower part of the town, and yes Sapphasit Road really is a busy mess isn't it? But no problems to visit the new mall, as we are only a couple of klicks away along the bypass, so no need to join the Sapphasit chaos. I should imagine that most people will approach via the bypass too.

There's a nice shortcut to bypass all the nasty traffic at rush hour. Drive over the bridge, (coming from Sisaket) turn the next possible right and follow this road.After about 3 km you'll have to turn left, coming over a bridge, following the Moon river and you'll be in the center of town, near "KIlo Zoon".

Have seen many accidents there, but also before they even started their construction. Try to avoid to drive into Sapphasit heading to Benchama in the morning between 7.15 and 8.30 and from 3.00 pm to 5 pm.

Always think for some not so much experienced drivers on bikes, cars and trucks.

Greetings-...jap.gif

Edited by sirchai