New Click 125I

simoncnx

I am having diffculties to decide between buying a Vespa LX150ie Urban Cool and a Click 125i!

My heart tells me I love the Vespa "Design, styling and Lifestyle feel to it but the Brain tells me Click in Thailand is more practical as any small corner garrage can fix it and anything for me at any time of the day (especially the flat tyres) as well as it may just be the better bike and engine except that Click is all plastic from outside and Vespa all metall as well as 52k (53k with idleling stop) in Phuket and Vespa 110k Baht!!

Also if Click, I really do not like the White,Blue and Black color concepts with the red in it and rather have the Black/Brown Click "forward" but it not have the ideling stop function!

Should I copromize the ideling stop for the color I want, how much does it really safe on petrol consumtion and/or is anything else diffrent on the 2 models?

Any further thoughts be apreciated?

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 months later...

I have now done 2500+ kms and very happy. Good speed and acceleration around the city, quiet, very low vibration so no sore bum on longer trips. Re economy i put just over 5 lit every 250 km to refill the tank. Only 1 niggle - I have the alloy wheels/tubeless tyres but still have to put air in the tyres every time i fill the tank - pressure drops from 33 to 22 psi in 2 weeks any ideas why?

Are you sure yours are tubeless? I spoke to the Honda Dealers yesterday and they said they are all Tubed.

You can check this by looking at the model number of the tyre. It has a T after it to indicate a Tubed Tyre.

I have now done 2500+ kms and very happy. Good speed and acceleration around the city, quiet, very low vibration so no sore bum on longer trips. Re economy i put just over 5 lit every 250 km to refill the tank. Only 1 niggle - I have the alloy wheels/tubeless tyres but still have to put air in the tyres every time i fill the tank - pressure drops from 33 to 22 psi in 2 weeks any ideas why?

Are you sure yours are tubeless?  I spoke to the Honda Dealers yesterday and they said they are all Tubed.

You can check this by looking at the model number of the tyre.  It has a T after it to indicate a Tubed Tyre.

You are correct. They lied in the shop. When i went back to complain all i got was the Thai giggle

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Tip: On long trips drive not faster then 80 km/h and see how much fuel you save, it's amazing ! I did many times Chiangmai-Maesai go&back on the same day (620 kilometer) with a Honda Airblade, using only 240b fuel in total. biggrin.png

Beside this, driving only 80 km/h is way more relaxing for the eyes and hands and avoids stress. You just keep on driving no matter the distance. I used to be a real full-gasser, but after I discovered the 80 km/h trick I enjoyed the trips (stupid visaruns) more.

Edited by rubberduck
  • Like 1

• 8 months later...

Just noticed my 2012 click has front tyre width of 70 whereas 2013/4 has front tyre width of 80 - looking to replace my tyres, should I just go with 80? (on mag wheels)

80/90 is the size since initial model release, maybe someone has replaced it with a smaller one.

Has anyone bought a new Click lately? What are the prices? I just sold my 2012 Click and Im looking for a new one but not sure what the current prices are, and cant find any info on the web.

My 2012 was the best bike I have ever had. No problems with it for 8,000 km.

Has anyone bought a new Click lately? What are the prices? I just sold my 2012 Click and Im looking for a new one but not sure what the current prices are, and cant find any info on the web.

My 2012 was the best bike I have ever had. No problems with it for 8,000 km.

46k baht up to 52k baht depending on model and wheels

Regarding the tyre size of the click. He have 90/90 in the front and 90/100 in the back . Do You think that i can put 90/100 in the front and 90/110 in the back? Is it possible to do that ? And which tyre You suggest? Thank You so much

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Thaivisa Connect Thailand

Regarding the tyre size of the click. He have 90/90 in the front and 90/100 in the back . Do You think that i can put 90/100 in the front and 90/110 in the back? Is it possible to do that ? And which tyre You suggest? Thank You so much

No. 90/90 and 100/90 is already too big a size for Click 125. Standard is 80/90 and 90/90, that is fine.

Just been told honda click 125i with mag wheels can't take tubeless tyres - is this true? Was a tyre shop that deals with big bikes and seems to know his stuff. If this is the case, why did honda shop send me out looking for a valve so they can fit my pilot streets tubeless?! I'm confused!

Just been told honda click 125i with mag wheels can't take tubeless tyres - is this true? Was a tyre shop that deals with big bikes and seems to know his stuff. If this is the case, why did honda shop send me out looking for a valve so they can fit my pilot streets tubeless?! I'm confused!

Can you post a pic of all the markings on the rim ? And from the tires too. The big bike shop may simply never have done that and claim that the rim profile is not officially approved for tubless. Thing that may or may not be true, however the tire should work fine tubeless.

No. 90/90 and 100/90 is already too big a size for Click 125. Standard is 80/90 and 90/90, that is fine.

. Ah ok thank you. So can't go more than this size than

. Ah ok thank you. So can't go more than this size than

You can, but you would need wider rims, and there would be no benefit.

Also the guy who said it can't be done showed me two generic rim examples - I couldn't understand from what he was saying in Thai which was tubeless and which needed inner tube though...?attachicon.gifImageUploadedByTapatalk1392466456.562994.jpg

The one one the right is tubeless, sealed valve and the profile that can't seat a tube.

Can't read anything in your pictures, will give a look to a Click when I run into a parked one.

i had my tubed rims converted to get tubeless tires once on my 125 cc standard commuter bike. they drill the valve holea and did a couple of grinding etc inside. i used it that way hard until i sold it and had no problems.

but i am thinking about it again, i think i dont do and risk it now and get nice light tubeless rims and also lose some unsprung weight during the process for better handling.

this might feel expensive as rims are not cheap even for a honda click so if price is a concern, you can get your stock rims modified for tubeless tires.

I always thought Honda's mag wheels were already tubeless.

When I put tubeless tires on my Honda scooter, the honda dealer said I had to put inner tubes in, as my mag wheels (not from honda) couldn't do it. I got a puncture a couple of days later and pushed the bike to a local tire shop in the soi. He asked why I was using inner tubes in tubeless tires? After I told him what happened he shrugged his shoulders, got the correct valves needed from the back of the shop and now I have tubeless tires with no inner tubes, after being told that my mags needed inner tubes.

In other words, get a second opinion from another shop.

• Like 1

The reason why Honda doesn't fit tubeless on small scooters is that they can purchase the same tires for all models, and second, they know well that 99% of shops in the country are not equipped to fix a tubeless tire and may not even seen one.

sorry for my question, but i see that some socceter have a red plate and the other a white plate?

what is the differents?

the red plate is like temporary plate? and usually after how many time you can get the ordinary plate?

thank you

socceter = scooter I assume.

Yes red plate is temporary. You don't need to worry about it unless you are buying, are you ?

Next time please open a new thread for new questions.

sorry for my question, but i see that some socceter have a red plate and the other a white plate?

what is the differents?

the red plate is like temporary plate? and usually after how many time you can get the ordinary plate?

thank you

socceter = scooter I assume.

Yes red plate is temporary. You don't need to worry about it unless you are buying, are you ?

Next time please open a new thread for new questions.

Thank you so much Paz.

Next time i will open new thread.

Actually i am looking to buy a new bike (honda click or yamaha nuovo, i am still thinking). So is important for me to also understand after how many time i will have my ordinary plate.

Thank you in advance