Christmas Cards,Just Arrived

thaimate

I would suggest it is not the U.K. post but the delivery system in Thailand. Whilst I have good experiences, I have had cards that have been posted in the same post office at the same time in the U.K. - 1 was delivered 2 are still on the missing list - maybe because they were musical cards and felt "fatter" than usual! I have certainly found it is not where they are posted from either. Mail posted in Malaysia can also go mysteriously astray. If the sender wants to be absolutely sure of delivery ask them to send registered post - I know a small additional cost for them but for birthday / Xmas cards relatives are often prepared to do so. They may have been "opened" but do arrive, the only downside is if you miss the postie it's a trip to the main sorting office to pick anything up. I wonder what the record is for late arrival???

I received a Christmas card from the US about a week ago.

Also, for the last couple of months, my Internet bill (which comes from Bangkok) has been arriving the week *after* its due date. The first time it happened they told me it was because of the flooding in Bangkok, but it's been arriving late ever since.

Perhaps they're sitll playing catch-up? huh.png Who knows...

6 Postcards + 1 valentines card + 1 package all sent from different Locations which include Big C Xtra (Pattaya), Bangkok, Buriram and Europe, after more then 3 weeks of waiting none of them have arrived in Pattaya Soi Siam.

I find if i send anything to Thailand that looks like a card it never makes it; i now take pictures of the cards and if they don't make it, i send an email with the pictures attached. I have sent documents to the family in A4 size envelopes and have got there no problems.

I think someone is opening the cards in the hope of money. Could be wrong, but i think not.

I went to the UK in June/July with my wife for a family funeral, whilst there we did some sightseeing, and also sent some postcards back to Thailand, one for her mum and one back to our house. Her Mums arrived quite swiftly, however ours which was sent in July came around December, with a big fat sticker on it saying the postage was not enough, I thought first class would cover it.

Also not Thailand related but my brother in Scotland sent my mother a card in Somerset, put a first class stamp on it, my mum had to pay a fine of 1GBP and the correct postage to receive it.

I went to the UK in June/July with my wife for a family funeral, whilst there we did some sightseeing, and also sent some postcards back to Thailand, one for her mum and one back to our house. Her Mums arrived quite swiftly, however ours which was sent in July came around December, with a big fat sticker on it saying the postage was not enough, I thought first class would cover it.

Also not Thailand related but my brother in Scotland sent my mother a card in Somerset, put a first class stamp on it, my mum had to pay a fine of 1GBP and the correct postage to receive it.

I guess that the UK mentality is that a single 1st class Great Britain stamp is good enough for the rest of the world, but I guess it doesn't carry much weight anymore, being an empire of 1violin.gif

I guess that the UK mentality is that a single 1st class Great Britain stamp is good enough for the rest of the world, but I guess it doesn't carry much weight anymore, being an empire of 1violin.gif

Post from the UK does appear to be a lottery at the moment. I've been waiting for some letters from my bank: some arrive within a week (pretty good airmail service I reckon) but others have arrived after 3 weeks and are assumed lost / stolen sad.png.

As for the empire quip above, the Argentinian PM was on the TV this am banging-on about the Malvinas. She mentioned there are 16 similar colony problems around the world at the moment and 10 of these are related to the UK clap2.gif The sun never sets, etc etc

I find if i send anything to Thailand that looks like a card it never makes it; i now take pictures of the cards and if they don't make it, i send an email with the pictures attached. I have sent documents to the family in A4 size envelopes and have got there no problems.

I think someone is opening the cards in the hope of money. Could be wrong, but i think not.

offtopic2.gif but what a fantastic avatar pic licklips.gif

May i claim the record? in the uk i live in a place called Garmelow in Staffordshire, had people ringing me up saying why had i sent them a Christmas card? well it was July, the post office reply was that as the mailbox is in the wall of the manor and a new post man in his van had never seen it he"d never emptied it, and then the original postman pat had come back on the round and had done so, it did make the" and finally" on the national news. Christmas cards sent from here on the 13th December arrived in UK. on the 20th need i say more.