Numchai Electrical Store

thaimate

I must admit that i always buy my stuff from the one on sukhumvit as the service is very good and in the past with other shops it has not been ,but today they outdid themselves ,yesterday the wife bought a new washing machine and informed me that it was not being instaled in the same place but "around the corner of the house" she told me that therey would redirect the pipework and the electricity supply when it was delivered ,now in Britain they charge for delivery and your lucky if they take the box away ,so i said that she had two hopes and one was Bob Hope lf she thought they would do all that work especially for free . well not only did they do all the work ,they also put in a new water tap for her hosepipe and only charged 500 baht .

Numchai if your listening ,i will never ever buy any electrical goods anywhere else and tomorrow i am coming in to buy the tv i have been promising myself.

sorry if i have gone on but credit where its due ,fabulous service .

Numchai are giving gift vouchers for cash at the moment ,so another good thing.

I think you mean vouchers for cash discounts...I priced the bluray player I wanted to buy at both and Powerbuy was the same price as NC (after voucher) so just bought at Power and collected my points too.

A few weeks ago Numchai had billboards allover Pattaya which anounced that he had LG 50" plasma for sale at 12.990 Baht.So I went there to look for the tv as it was a good promotion.Of course there was no where to find the advertised plasma.

Upon Inquiry I was told that on purchase for a certain amount of money you would receive a lottery ticket,with that ticket you could join a lucky draw on the last Sunday of that month where ONE plasma screen would be drawn and sold at 12.990 Baht.

I know there is a specific word for this kind of practices,but however the government has ordered a crackdown on it,it is not allowed to name the word on TV due to forum rules.

A few weeks ago Numchai had billboards allover Pattaya which anounced that he had LG 50" plasma for sale at 12.990 Baht.So I went there to look for the tv as it was a good promotion.Of course there was no where to find the advertised plasma.

Upon Inquiry I was told that on purchase for a certain amount of money you would receive a lottery ticket,with that ticket you could join a lucky draw on the last Sunday of that month where ONE plasma screen would be drawn and sold at 12.990 Baht.

I know there is a specific word for this kind of practices,but however the government has ordered a crackdown on it,it is not allowed to name the word on TV due to forum rules.

I've heard of balloon-chasers but T-V chasers?

What type of Washing machine did you buy and what problems did you have? I'm in the market for a new top loader and was going to stop by Numchai to see what they have on special. Any recommendations from anyone?

Bought a clothes dryer there , it broke after minimal use , took forever for them to come look at it and then the cost to repair it was absurd (around 2000 baht) for the small part used.

It broke again shortly after they fixed it , used a local place off Threprasit Rd - it got fixed the same day for 500 baht and still works.

Bought a great Bosch fridge freezer from Numchai, after 3 years it had a small problem with a faulty light switch, even though it was out of warranty 2 guys from Numchai came out to my house a couple of hours after i called and fixed it including the part - a whopping 400 Baht, fantastic service and highly recommended !!

Edited by LennyW

Bought a great Bosch fridge freezer from Numchai, after 3 years it had a small problem with a faulty light switch, even though it was out of warranty 2 guys from Numchai came out to my house a couple of hours after i called and fixed it including the part - a whopping 400 Baht, fantastic service and highly recommended !!

Lenny, you are letting we Scots down. You must always take the light bulb out of the fridge, never know when it might be on with the door closed, think of your lecky bill

• Like 1

We just bought a Electrolux front loader washer from Numchai as I found the prices competitive and the sales staff was extremely informative and helpful. Every other place I'd been in town the sales staff seem quite uneducated in the products they were selling.

They came and delivered/installed the washer today but unfortunately I wasn't around to oversee the install. I can back to a good laugh when I see how they managed to ground the machine that is located outside.

Edited by Jayman

For some reason I had trouble attaching the picture.

Here it is... they put a bolt into our concrete wall and grounded to it.

post-32036-0-13323900-1329477734_thumb.j

That bolt together with the water leak will do just fine.

Yeah safety is always #1 here in LOS

When the Panasonic refigerator that my wife uses stopped working it was pretty clear that the temperature sensor wasn't working. I called in Nomchai and they arrived 2 hours after they said they would call. I told them what the problem was and asked if, as requested, they had brought along a new sensor wire. No, they hadn't. After poking around for 20 minutes they triumphantly told me that the sensor didn't work. Can they supply one I asked. No, no have.

Goodbye gentlemen. Don't come back.

When the Panasonic refigerator that my wife uses stopped working it was pretty clear that the temperature sensor wasn't working. I called in Nomchai and they arrived 2 hours after they said they would call. I told them what the problem was and asked if, as requested, they had brought along a new sensor wire. No, they hadn't. After poking around for 20 minutes they triumphantly told me that the sensor didn't work. Can they supply one I asked. No, no have.

Goodbye gentlemen. Don't come back.

I purchased a Mitsubishi Fridge from them some years ago. It would not freeze properly. They came and inspected it, turned off the power and unpluged the water cooler beside the fridge which were both working off the same power point. He pluged the fridge in on it's own and the water cooler on its own and all worked OK again. He told the misses that the fridge and the cooler were turning on and off and upsetting the full power. Sounds good and all working OK again.

Edited by OZEMADE

Numchai = overpriced

I wouldn't say that. The washer I bought was cheaper at Numchai than any other place that sold that same brand/model. The only way to get it a tad cheaper was to use a certain cc at powerbuy in order to save approx 400thb and even then you get 200thb or so in cash vouchers from Numchai.

Yesterday, I was comparing air cons at Homepro & Numchai; Daikin and Mitshu: At Numchai - Daikin? No have... ok, Mitshu? More expensive than Homepro, financing with CC, 0% interest only 4 or 6 month, can't remember

At Homepro: My prefered brand, Daikin, available, the Mitshu models cheaper than Numchai, CC financing 10 month, 0 % interest, instalation cost the same... guess who got the order

REMOVED

I wouldn't say that. The washer I bought was cheaper at Numchai than any other place that sold that same brand/model. The only way to get it a tad cheaper was to use a certain cc at powerbuy in order to save approx 400thb and even then you get 200thb or so in cash vouchers from Numchai.

So , that would be still 200฿ cheaper?

It would have been 200thb cheaper from home pro using only certain cc. But at numchai they gave a free cover that was high quality and what we needed for outdoor use. Also I like that numchai is a service. Center and deal with repairs directly.

Yesterday, I was comparing air cons at Homepro & Numchai; Daikin and Mitshu: At Numchai - Daikin? No have... ok, Mitshu? More expensive than Homepro, financing with CC, 0% interest only 4 or 6 month, can't remember

At Homepro: My prefered brand, Daikin, available, the Mitshu models cheaper than Numchai, CC financing 10 month, 0 % interest, instalation cost the same... guess who got the order

I'm for sure not a Numchai fanboy as you can notice from a post higher up in this thread,but if Homepro was cheaper on the aircons it must have been a very special promotion or they scammed with the model numbers since they are always definitely more expensive for aircons than anyone in the region.As for Daikin it is available at Numchai as I had a price quotation for Daikin inverters at Numchai.

Also be very aware of Homepro as they will give only 7 days service on electrical appliances,after that you will have to deal directly with the manufacturer service center.

...Also I like that numchai is a service. Center and deal with repairs directly.

Yeah, right

I was just looking at Numchai because a friend bought her Mitshu air unit there 6 years ago and the Numchai service made a killing in maintaining this unit in that time... Now, she get's her new Mitshu air from Homepro and maintenance will be done by her local air con shop ( sometimes it needs a farang to teach a thai how to safe money...)

... if Homepro was cheaper on the aircons it must have been a very special promotion or they scammed with the model numbers since they are always definitely more expensive for aircons than anyone in the region.As for Daikin it is available at Numchai as I had a price quotation for Daikin inverters at Numchai.

Now, that's quite conflicting to what I expierenced yesterday at Numchai: No Daikin aircons on display - but did not ask them if they could order them... seeing the same Mitshu models for a higher price than in Homepro lowered my interest doing business with them ( including all the other negatives )

But at numchai they gave a free cover that was high quality and what we needed for outdoor use.

Do they sell washing machine covers at Numchai? The only place I knew to get them was from the 100-yen stores in Japan! (Y100 is about B40, and the covers are thin, cheap plastic which don't last long.)

But at numchai they gave a free cover that was high quality and what we needed for outdoor use.

Do they sell washing machine covers at Numchai? The only place I knew to get them was from the 100-yen stores in Japan! (Y100 is about B40, and the covers are thin, cheap plastic which don't last long.)

Not sure if they sell them or if what they gave me was just a promotional item. Mine says electrolux on it and it quite high quality. You can always go in there and ask .

yes numchai sell them also homeworld on sukhumvit.