Cha Am Fishing Park

UKJASE

me and two mates are going to fish Cha Am fishing park this weekend, and none of us have ever fished there before. can anyone give us any tips on how best to fish it??

where are the best pegs, and what method and baits work best??

should we fish float, or cage feeder and big ball of bait, or what??

also, can we hire rods there does anyone know???

Most of the fish are in the water I hear. smile.png

Just joking. Never fished it but have seen videos of the place. I think if you throw in enough bait the fish will come. The local working there should point you right. In the video I waw they fished pretty central.

Please post up how you get on. They have some very nice kahoe there.

Good luck

I have fished there two days, a small lump of bait directly on the hook (a down made by adding watter to bread flakes) But dont forget to add some syrofoam balls to the hook or else it will fall of easy (will already to that). Other option is just casting with a spiral but that lands mostly small striped catfish.

I have fished there many times, Best method is bread paste put directly on the hook, throw in a few small lumps then cast into the middle of the throw In's, watch for the slightest twitch on the line then strike and hang on!!!

Outside the restaurant or the middle part of the lake seems to be best, yes you can hire all equipment there.

• Like 1

Great place to fish and cheap, only 100 baht per rod. Pretty much anything will work there if you fished for bugs or sawai before. I have done well with just bread on a hook under a bobber, but if you are not getting bites, move to a spiral under a bobber. You can fish a spiral without a bobber and most of the time, you will not need to wait for a bite. The rods for rental are 300 baht a day but not sure. Just buy bags of Lam and do not bother using any scent.

Happy fishing

• 2 weeks later...

hey guys - here is an update on our days fishing at cha am fishing park

the cost is now 200B a day, plus 400B to hire a rod..... my mate decided to buy a rod and reel at 1000B before we went, as 400B seemed pricey

me and my mate fished on the bank opposite where the car park is. it was a bit quieter here, and we could still find some shade

altogether i had about 15 catfish, plus one of those fish that looks like a chub and jumps out the water when u hook it

my mate had about 5 cats....... biggest was about 15kg, and i lost one that must have been more than 20kg

we fished bread on the hook, and used a small cage feeder....... the bites were massive and the fish fought very hard

everyone on the lake seemed to be catching, but mainly small 3 kg catfish

we spoke to a bloke who said he had caught big 45 kg carp on freelined bread in the margins, but whenever we tried it we just caught more cats

we also heard there was some good redtail cats in there, but we needed fish strips or chicken to fish for them

does anyone know a good way to fish this lake, and to fish for other fish rather than catfish??? would be quite happy to sit there all day and just catch one big carp, or a redtail catfish

any one know of any methods that will not result in mekhong catfish, but could give us a chance to catch one of the other species in this great lake?? or a method that the small cats would leave alone, but could result in a couple of the big 20kg + fish that are in there?

PS the one bloke fishing the specimen lake caught 8 arapaina, 2 redtailed catfish, and 2 aligator gar..... the biggest arapaina was 55kg...... a great day for him clap2.gif

hey guys - here is an update on our days fishing at cha am fishing park

the cost is now 200B a day, plus 400B to hire a rod..... my mate decided to buy a rod and reel at 1000B before we went, as 400B seemed pricey

me and my mate fished on the bank opposite where the car park is. it was a bit quieter here, and we could still find some shade

altogether i had about 15 catfish, plus one of those fish that looks like a chub and jumps out the water when u hook it

my mate had about 5 cats....... biggest was about 15kg, and i lost one that must have been more than 20kg

we fished bread on the hook, and used a small cage feeder....... the bites were massive and the fish fought very hard

everyone on the lake seemed to be catching, but mainly small 3 kg catfish

we spoke to a bloke who said he had caught big 45 kg carp on freelined bread in the margins, but whenever we tried it we just caught more cats

we also heard there was some good redtail cats in there, but we needed fish strips or chicken to fish for them

does anyone know a good way to fish this lake, and to fish for other fish rather than catfish??? would be quite happy to sit there all day and just catch one big carp, or a redtail catfish

any one know of any methods that will not result in mekhong catfish, but could give us a chance to catch one of the other species in this great lake?? or a method that the small cats would leave alone, but could result in a couple of the big 20kg + fish that are in there?

PS the one bloke fishing the specimen lake caught 8 arapaina, 2 redtailed catfish, and 2 aligator gar..... the biggest arapaina was 55kg...... a great day for him clap2.gif

Hi,

thanks for posting an update.

By the way when you say you want to catch a red tail do you mean Thai red tails? Pla kot deng? or amazon red tails? My guess would be amazon red tails are only in the specimen lake with the gar and arapaima. I believe Thai red tails are also predators. A prawn on a hook could get one. Amazon red tails will want meat. Fish, prawn even chicken.

If you wanted a carp you must fish the bottom. They tend to be in short supply at most places making it a lottery. You can try the bung samran style. Find a deep part of the lake. I know BSR fish down by the piers of the bungalows. Mix up a big bucket of lam with coconut milk and water. Flavour with some pandan. You could also chuck in some bread. Mix it up a bit wetter than lam on a float. Then mould a massive ball around a feeder. As big as you can. The inner core of lam can be quite wet and sticky. The outer layer should be drier to create lots of particles and smell. Add pandan flavour to lam used for the drier outer layer. Use a short hook length about 3 fingers width with foam to pop the hook up and hopefully snag the carp's mouth when it feeds.

Heave that massive ball out into the water and wait. Seriously the bait cant be too big.

• Like 1