PM Yingluck Denies Misconduct At Bangkok Hotel

webfact

PM denies misconduct at Bangkok hotel

The Nation

BANGKOK: -- Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra said yesterday that she had not done anything morally questionable while she was at a Bangkok hotel earlier this week.

"I did not have a meeting there. But as prime minister, I can meet anybody at a public place. It is not damaging," she said. "I am a woman, and I insist I did not do anything wrong."

When asked if she would take legal action against outspoken businessman Akeyuth Anchanbutr for suggesting that she may have been party to misconduct, Yingluck said: "I will be patient. I believe people will carefully consider what he says."

On Thursday, Akeyuth told the press that he happened to run into the prime minister while he was at the Four Seasons Hotel on Wednesday afternoon. He said that he had only seen the premier from a distance and 10 minutes after she left the premises he was attacked by a man.

"It could be because I was in the wrong place at the wrong time and saw something I should not have," he said.

Deputy government spokesman Anusorn Iamsa-ard said yesterday that he was suspicious about Akeyuth's claim that someone from Yingluck's security detail had attacked him, adding that there was a "hidden agenda" behind this allegation.

At the press conference, Akeyuth described his alleged assailant as an armed officer in plainclothes. Akeyuth claimed that the man was about to draw a handgun before his bodyguards came to his rescue. He added that the assailant fled after his bodyguards intervened.

"The assailant knows and is close to former prime minister Thaksin Shinawatra," Akeyuth said, adding that he would not file a police complaint.

Anusorn said Akeyuth had "plotted a good story", adding that his decision against filing a police complaint aroused suspicion. "If the attack was not a set up, maybe he was attacked because many people dislike him," the spokesman said.

He also rejected Akeyuth's theory that the alleged assailant was a man in uniform.

Akeyuth, a businessman who runs the politically oriented website Thai Insider, is well known for his staunch criticism of Thaksin - Yingluck's older brother.

He has also recently said that Yingluck was unsuitable for the premier's post and has also made comments about her that could be considered sexist against women from the North.

Meanwhile, national police chief General Priewpan Damapong yesterday urged Akeyuth to file a police complaint so his case can be investigated and the authorities can obtain pertinent information such as the examination of his wounds.

Priewpan said he did not think the alleged attack had anything to do with the prime minister's security detail. "The prime minister is a woman, so I don't think she would allow the use of violence," he said.

Deputy Prime Minister Chalerm Yoobamrung also rejected the claim that someone in the PM's security team was involved in the attack, adding that Akeyuth should not have tried to link Yingluck to this matter or tried to politicise it.

Meanwhile, opposition leader Abhisit Vejjajiva called on the government to explain what happened in order to quell any suspicion that this matter has something to do with the premier.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2012-02-11

related topic:

Activist Claims He Was Hit By Thai Pm's Security Guard

http://www.thaivisa....security-guard/

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Where's the video? His bodyguards let an armed assailant flee? Not filing a police report? The Four Seasons has an excellent security detail as well, so what gives?

But when the PM comes out with this ridiculous statement,

"I did not have a meeting there. But as prime minister, I can meet anybody at a public place. It is not damaging," she said. "I am a woman, and I insist I did not do anything wrong."

Besides sounding naive and foolish, what was she doing upstairs in the guest rooms? Married, right?

Where's the video? His bodyguards let an armed assailant flee? Not filing a police report? The Four Seasons has an excellent security detail as well, so what gives?

Besides sounding naive and foolish, what was she doing upstairs in the guest rooms? Married, right?

Not married, as far as I'm aware. Are you an adult, FOODLOVER? IF so, what's your moral view on sex between legally single adults?

Not married, as far as I'm aware. Are you an adult, FOODLOVER? IF so, what's your moral view on sex between legally single adults?

She has a 9 year old son by a common law husband. Presumably they never married legally to avoid claims to assets in the event of bankruptcy or separation.

She has tried to project herself as living a happily married life, during the canvassing for the election last year her nine year son Nong Pipe was constantly at her side, presumably it was the holidays for his international school, and on her spouse, Khun Anusorn's birthday, the family posed for pictures together for the press.

To be honest for most Thais her marital status is a mystery but in Thailand that's not unusual.

I remember when Khun Chuan was the PM and one of my more conservative colleagues was complaining it was a disgrace that he was living with a woman and not married to her. But he had no choice, her husband refused to grant her a divorce.

But how can she project herself as happily married when she's apparently not married? Anyway, trying to make political capital out of this (not that I'm accusing you personally of doing this Siripon) stinks to high heaven, as much as it would capitalising on Prem's sexual activities.

ok ok ok... I'll come clean.

It was me up in that hotel room. I give the lass private english conversation tutoring, not progressing too well though it must be said. I was hired due to my reputation as being a bit of a 'cunning linguist'.......

Looks like my cover has been sprung. Will have to find new secret location, licklips.gifgiggle.gif

She has a 9 year old son by a common law husband. Presumably they never married legally to avoid claims to assets in the event of bankruptcy or separation.

Very common practice amongst "hi-so"

I read the report in a publication that cant be mentioned, Akeyuth Anchanbutr alleges he spotted Yingluck enter the hotel with a guy they went to a room and came back two hours later and left the hotel. Then he was assulted and his bodyguards came to his rescue.

"The prime minister is a woman, so I don't think she would allow the use of violence," Really? How many stories on Thai Visa are about Thai women attacking people?

The back-stabbing of Thai politics (and Pattaya hotel rooms) continues.

ok ok ok... I'll come clean.

It was me up in that hotel room. I give the lass private english conversation tutoring, not progressing too well though it must be said. I was hired due to my reputation as being a bit of a 'cunning linguist'.......

Looks like my cover has been sprung. Will have to find new secret location, licklips.gifgiggle.gif

dam_n, had my money on Bill Clinton.

Very common practice amongst "hi-so"

Married Hi So as well?

I'm so sorry but i'm married but yes, physically a legal adult and i am glad that you are wise enough to look for moral guidance through my posts on Thai Visa. Slap and Tickle a-ok in my book! But with the PMs assumption that she can meet anyone in public because she woman is just stupid. The Thai PM can not meet Mugabe at the Four Seasons even though it is quite lovely for obvious reasons. Nor could she meet Osama at Hotel St. Nisa( Customer service sucks) but her logic in her statement appears to say something like lets pull a sentence out of my rectum and see if it works here. I used to have these books that my mom would give me to travel. They were call MAD Libs. Well, seems like someones taken this idea and started governing a country with it. They were quite hilarious when you inserted random words in the sentences. Sort of like in example, The parrot says_________. One would think" Polly want a cracker", but noooo, she inserted " Rule of Law". Quite humorous, really.

So.....once we get past that ,er, interesting jumble of words that you posted, what was Yingluck's misconduct at the hotel?

Me, Ms Yingluck and a young Miss Conduct all together in the room, a tape recorder with 'go go loves english' , a small white board, a dodgey whiteboard pen (isnt it always the way) and some cucumber sandwiches...thats it!

Nothing more to tell..storm in a teacup!

Yinluck is not married.... She is a single girl although she has a live in lover...

They never married as he is already married... to some other lady..!

Nothing is stronger than the truth. All Yingluck has to do is state the reason she went to the hotel and who she met with. If it was innocent there is no reason for her not to do so. This would put an end to the entire "why was she there" episode. I wonder why she has not already done this? On the other side of the coin if it was not so innocent then I can understand her silence on the matter.

Edited by pimay11
  • Like 1