PM Yingluck Denies Misconduct At Bangkok Hotel

webfact

Nothing is stronger than the truth. All Yingluck has to do is state the reason she went to the hotel and who she met with. If it was innocent there is no reason for her not to do so. This would put an end to the entire "why was she there" episode. I wonder why she has not already done this? On the other side of the coin if it was not so innocent then I can understand her silence on the matter.

This is nothing more than the usual sleaze-bucket media in the West use to suggest that various celebs have misbehaved. Why should she have to explain her reason for being in that hotel; of course, if she doesn't, you and other likeminded gossip addicts and fans of the filthy discredited News International stable can suggest that there was a surreptitious and immoral occurrence.

My dear ungossip addict there is nothing in my post suggesting there was anything untoward in her visit to the hotel. I just made a statement of fact that if she reveals her reason for the visit it will immediately put an end to the "why was she there" episode. Simple solution.

Being Prime Minister she like all Prime Minsters and presidents are under constant scrutiny by the news media and their constituents and rightly so. A special trust has been placed in them to be honest and adhere to moral and ethical principles. Her statement that she is a woman she can go and do as she pleases is true. But being the Prime Minister she has a duty to make sure where she goes and what she does reflects the values fo the position people have entrustred her with.

Exactly, where is the transparency? By not giving her reasons being there, that gives permission for everybody to speculate the reason she was there.

Edited by z12
  • Like 1

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"I am a woman, and I insist I did not do anything wrong."

More proof she's an anti-feminist. Playing the lady card. Pathetic really.

An interesting observation from you of all people, being such a defender of choice in personal sexual behaviour.

Do you really believe that her words were as quoted/translated and contextually exactly as claimed? I wonder what card would you play in similar circumstances?

There is nothing in this that suggests Yingluck met anyone or spent hours in a hotel bedroom with a man other than the statement of a man who is apparently implacably opposed to her brother and whose bodyguards could not protect him from an assault whilst he was having a two-hour coffee break in a hotel where by the merest chance the PM happened to arrive .... after he was ensconced there.

Come on it's a heap of shit. If he'd been assaulted, he would have lodged a complaint

You writhe and twist to explain this away - "He alleges that he was assaulted by one security guard (not plural and not a security detail). There was no evidence in the pictures I saw that he had been assaulted by a professional..."

Just how hard would it be for a person recognised as a police officer to walk up and punch the victim, and what evidence would convince you that it was done by a "professional"? And the rest of the security detail should abandon their charge and give him a right work-over, that would be more convincing and professional..

Now it's the victim's fault because he happened to be in the coffee lounge - is that an inappropriate place to have a meeting? Get a room, pal?

And it must be a false allegation because he hasn't lodged a police complaint that a police officer assaulted him. How many members of this forum have reported to the nearest station that a police officer has coerced a bribe? Perhaps they also understand the word "futility."

I am not writhing or twisting to explain anything away, I merely doubt that the victim has described the incident in a completely truthful manner. There are any numbers of scenarios that could be speculated about the events but none of us was present so we do not know what did happen. However there are coincidences that make me sceptical. The man involved is an avowed opponent of the Shinawatra clan and has published statements you have seen quoted here which are meant to suggest that Yingluck would be better employed as a prostitute than a Prime Minister. That makes me think that he cannot be viewed as an ingenue in the torrid world that is Thai politics, he knows what he is doing. He is a wealthy and powerful Thai, not a farang tourist or expat so would not be treated with the same indifference were he to report the incident.

I too believe that he is not taking police action because it would be futile but for different reasons from yours; I believe that he knows that nothing significant occurred to justify laying an assault charge and he can make more trouble by using the media to publicise his story laced with innuendo without facing the embarrassment of being laughed out of court.

Of course I might be totally wrong; we might hear a factual account of what took place sometime but I won't be holding my breath

• Like 1

This topic has become a internet version of Laural and Hardy Abbot and Costello.

Here we are with 81 posts and I would venture to say no more than ten are concerned with the allegations. More concerned about what went on in a hotel room in Thailand.

We are in a sexpat forum, aren't we ? wink.png

I wouldn't be surprised to learn than Murdoch is now in charge rolleyes.gif

No, but is that why you are here?

Touché biggrin.png

Edited by JurgenG

Why did she mention that she has the right to be in that hotel "as a woman"? Why would it make a difference? Why would it entered her mind?

Did she really go upstairs and into a room? And did she go there as a "free woman"?

"In these shoes? I don't think so."

And if she hadn't been at the hotel, or there wasn't a hotel to be at, there'd be no story either. Unfortunately it appears these facts are agreed. Whether you believe the assault or not seems to depend more on political alignment than any judgment based on the thin evidence available. Fact: that damned elusive Pimpernel.

Hmmmm, should I end with "as we all know", "it's very simple", or "it's not complicated", or have they all been overused already?

Very simple, if the story did not include the guy being 'attacked'

Headline would have read.......

Yingluck seen in hotel

How exciting......coffee1.gif ........but perhaps still front page headline material for the Nation

Edited by Reasonableman

What did the Prime Ministress know about being in a hotel and when did she know it?

coffee1.gifwub.pngunsure.png

Write Yingluck a letter and see if your infatuation garners a response.............the article is all about creating suspicion/interest/inuendo and possible negative publicity......I see you took the bait along with a few others?

Most people accept that personal time is allowed, even for a PM.........the less aware...... report a sighting from distance in a hotel as headline news.........under the cloak of an alleged attack

I thought it was the guy who was attacked... Was anyone else attacked?? That would be real news!

What did the Prime Ministress know about being in a hotel and when did she know it?

Write Yingluck a letter and see if your infatuation garners a response.............the article is all about creating suspicion/interest/inuendo and possible negative publicity......I see you took the bait along with a few others?

Most people accept that personal time is allowed, even for a PM.........the less aware...... report a sighting from distance in a hotel as headline news.........under the cloak of an alleged attack

I thought it was the guy who was attacked... Was anyone else attacked?? That would be real news!

Ok so you have a problem with my phrasing.....coffee1.gif

She is an adult female and shouldn't have to explain her comings and goings as this is Thailand and not the US.

Huh? Explain yourself sir. What has location got to do with anything? I accept that an adult female has the right to walk down any path in life that she chooses but if whatever she does arouses interest in others, particularly if that interest is prurient, then she must expect to be on the receiving end of public comment.

BTW, this baggage is the Prime Minister of Thailand. As such, and as with every other PM and political leader in the World, everything that she does, when she does it, and with, or against, whom is a matter of Press and public interest. If she cannot stand the heat then she should get out of the kitchen.

Indeed, an most MPs, congressmen and PMs or presidents

are all subject to attempts at honey traps, in attempts at blackmail for influence.

So most certainly she is subject to interest because she is the highest elected public servant.

Is this nothing or not enough of a lot we are seeing. TIT, this is the tit, er tip, of the iceberg.

When will we find her Mr. Monica Lewinsky and Monica's vengeful friend from hell Linda in this mix?

Jingthing, on 55 minutes ago, said:

HA!

She can't say, her handlers haven't told her yet.

The attack part of the story is more the smoking gun than then real story.

Someone roughed up in the 4 Seasons, well not typical, but not unheard of.

But a the owner of Thai equivalent of a 'National Inquirer For Politics'

gets roughed up, very shortly after seeing the PM exiting a private room,

with no valid reason to be there. Now THAT is news.

And directly impacts governance, because of the potential

for blackmail in the Thai societal sexism against women way.

Blackmail is regularly used or attempted to influence government decisions.

Edited by animatic

More with the attempt to sweep it under the carpet with selective amnesia.

Ok so you have a problem with my phrasing.....coffee1.gif

just bringing it down to the level where it belongs.........now you have a better view......do you have anything relevent to contribute from down there among the underlay?

You should clean it out from time to time, its getting really lumpy. Perhaps a new vacuum cleaner in your Christmas sock?

just bringing it down to the level where it belongs.........now you have a better view......do you have anything relevent to contribute from down there among the underlay?

Where's the video? His bodyguards let an armed assailant flee? Not filing a police report? The Four Seasons has an excellent security detail as well, so what gives?

But when the PM comes out with this ridiculous statement,

"I did not have a meeting there. But as prime minister, I can meet anybody at a public place. It is not damaging," she said. "I am a woman, and I insist I did not do anything wrong."

Besides sounding naive and foolish, what was she doing upstairs in the guest rooms? Married, right?

Not married, as far as I'm aware. Are you an adult, FOODLOVER? IF so, what's your moral view on sex between legally single adults?

She has a 9 year old son by a common law husband. Presumably they never married legally to avoid claims to assets in the event of bankruptcy or separation.

They never married as he is already married... to some other lady..!

So is she a Gik or a Mia Noi.?

I've heard it was a doctor, married with two kids.

It's an open season now - she can go anywhere she wants as a free woman and interested public is free to speculate whether she's having an affair, stealing other women's husbands and what not.

Ekayuth was in the wrong place at a wrong time but now he has her in his pocket given that he is the only source who can tell the story.

Again, as a free woman Yingluck doesn't belong to her common law husband and, contrary to some common misconceptions, her morality is not an issue here as long as she has a sweet smile and Thaksin's backing.

They love their Prime Ministresses that way.

It's an open season now - she can go anywhere she wants as a free woman and interested public is free to speculate whether she's having an affair, stealing other women's husbands and what not.

Ekayuth was in the wrong place at a wrong time but now he has her in his pocket given that he is the only source who can tell the story.

Again, as a free woman Yingluck doesn't belong to her common law husband and, contrary to some common misconceptions, her morality is not an issue here as long as she has a sweet smile and Thaksin's backing.

And I heard it was you and you smacked Ekayuth on the way out but his guys kicked your ass - same provenance as your story.

Don't let JT lead you into error, ther is no such word as ministress except perhaps mini-stress which I suspect is as much she feels about this non-story

Interesting that the much loved PM clone would need so much protection.

"about 200 plainclothes and uniformed police officers will be deployed to provide security to the prime minister during her visit tomorrow."

http://www.thaivisa....ar/page__st__75

Edited by z12

"I did not have a meeting there. But as prime minister, I can meet anybody at a public place. It is not damaging," she said. "I am a woman, and I insist I did not do anything wrong."

Yes you can, as a private citizen, so resign if that is what you want, but as PM clone of Thailand you can't.

Edited by z12

Democrat Chavanond said Ms Yingluck went to the hotel during office hours, cancelled her meeting at the House immediately and told reporters not to follow her.

The premier arrived at the hotel on Ratchadamri Road at about 2pm on Wednesday and left at about 3.30pm, according to Deputy Prime Minister Chalerm Yubamrung.

She was seen going upstairs by businessman Ekkayuth Anchanbutr, who said on his Facebook account that he could name individuals he saw with her, which could unnerve a lot of people."

It been well documented that Yingluck has a flawed character and doesnt possess the skils required to be an effective PM. Maybe this episode indicates either how flawed her [sic]character is or that Yingluck has the skills for a spirited personal negotiation, as suggested by Ekkayuth. Buy I must becarefull of "sexist abuse" [sic]

• Like 1

Democrat Chavanond said Ms Yingluck went to the hotel during office hours, cancelled her meeting at the House immediately and told reporters not to follow her.

The premier arrived at the hotel on Ratchadamri Road at about 2pm on Wednesday and left at about 3.30pm, according to Deputy Prime Minister Chalerm Yubamrung.

She was seen going upstairs by businessman Ekkayuth Anchanbutr, who said on his Facebook account that he could name individuals he saw with her, which could unnerve a lot of people."

It been well documented that Yingluck has a flawed character and doesnt possess the skils required to be an effective PM. Maybe this episode indicates either how flawed her [sic]character is or that Yingluck has the skills for a spirited personal negotiation, as suggested by Ekkayuth. Buy I must becarefull of "sexist abuse" [sic]

No but you should perhaps be more careful about the unsubstantiated quotes you make - of the three, one is from a Democrat and another is from the aggrieved Ekayuth who still has not revealed the individuals he claimed he could/would reveal and unnerve a lot of people; that is hardly impartial information.

Your other comments of a well documented flawed character and lack of skills might also benefit from a touch of objective substantiation.

But what the hell - this is ThaiVisa, never keep postulation out of a good story; Rupert Murdoch morality rules the world

Don't let JT lead you into error, ther is no such word as ministress except perhaps mini-stress which I suspect is as much she feels about this non-story

Tis true. I made up the word. Thai Prime Ministress-gate, anyone?

No - maybe PMS-gate that would perhaps fit better with your ....... fill in your own choice of word, JT

No surprise you had to make up the word:

"What happens," I asked, 'if the Minister is a woman? What do you call her?"

Humphrey was immediately in his element. He loves answering questions about good form and protocol. "Yes, that's most interesting. We sought an answer to the point when I was a Principal Private Secretary and Dr. Edith Summerskill was appointed Minister in 1947. I didn't quite like to refer to her as my mistress."

He paused. For effect, I thought at first, but then he appeared to have more to say on the subject.

"What was the answer?" I asked.

"We're still waiting for it," he explained."

THE COMPLETE YES MINISTER

by

the Right Hon. James Hacker MP

Copyright © Jonathan Lynn and Antony Jay 1981, 1982, 1983, 1984, 1989

Humphrey was immediately in his element. He loves answering questions about good form and protocol. "Yes, that's most interesting. We sought an answer to the point when I was a Principal Private Secretary and Dr. Edith Summerskill was appointed Minister in 1947. I didn't quite like to refer to her as my mistress."

He paused. For effect, I thought at first, but then he appeared to have more to say on the subject.

by

Ministeress is a word, but of course we know that JT was conflating minister and mistress in the PM clone context.

Thatcher: Prime Ministeress Of England.

http://www.amazon.co...s/dp/B0026CKIXY

Edited by z12

by

Ministeress is a word, but of course we know that JT was conflating minister and mistress in the PM clone context.

Thatcher: Prime Ministeress Of England.

http://www.amazon.co...s/dp/B0026CKIXY

Hey there.annoyed.gif I changed the spelling and the meaning. Do I have a patent case?neus.gif
  • Like 1

You should clean it out from time to time, its getting really lumpy. Perhaps a new vacuum cleaner in your Christmas sock?

Given the quantity & nature of the material, swept under the carpet, perhaps a sludge-gulper might be more helpful than vacuum-cleaner ? It could also help clear-up after floods ! laugh.png

Thailand Live Monday 13 Feb #50:

Thaksin's spokesman Noppadon says ex-PM is confident his sister PM Yingluck wouldn't have held an inappropriate meeting at Four Seasons /TANN

Now we know for sure biggrin.png