Ips Dish & Box

TBWG

Hi

I am about to purchase an IPS Dish & Box which will feed a couple of TV's.

Rather than having wiring running all over the house would if be possible to route the cable through the existing ariel points which are already installed?

i.e. Dish cable goes into existing ariel socket via a spitter which feeds one TV and other TV acesses content via another existing ariel socket.

Thanks

TBWGwai.gif

Just two months ago had IPS fitted servicing 4 tvs. Had a problem getting an installer as our house is quite large, lots of work in roof space and connecting to my existing aerial points up there. Good news is they managed to located the right cables to connect to. Cost 9000 baht.

My roof space has cables everywhere now, looks a mess but at least it works. My advice is to show them EXACTLY where YOU want the dish and cables to run, and where they can connect to your existing points. You may find they don't like taking the time to do a good job and clear off, happened to me twice and I was very polite too.

Good luck.

Just two months ago had IPS fitted servicing 4 tvs. Had a problem getting an installer as our house is quite large, lots of work in roof space and connecting to my existing aerial points up there. Good news is they managed to located the right cables to connect to. Cost 9000 baht.

My roof space has cables everywhere now, looks a mess but at least it works. My advice is to show them EXACTLY where YOU want the dish and cables to run, and where they can connect to your existing points. You may find they don't like taking the time to do a good job and clear off, happened to me twice and I was very polite too.

Good luck.

Just curious to know,what is a IPS dish and receiver for nothing shows up on Google.

Thanks

It's the orange sattelite dish you see for sale for around 3000 baht, has quite a few foreign channels, including FOUR English language movie channels, not bad for no monthly fee, you can get sports channels although football has Thai commentary. We have a True Hd box, and four Ips boxes around the house, definately recommend Ips to anybody renting and wanting some farang channels, when you move you take the box and dish with you!

Good luck.

Hi VMM

Thanks for info and prompt response. Just to confirm the IPS dish is black with a mesh screen i.e not solid metal disc.

From your info it sounds as though you have achieved what I want , access via existing ariel points!

Thanks again

TBWGwai.gif