Shipping Port

ShopBoy

The shipper ask Bangkok or Lam Chabang and i am unsure.

Any difference ?

Guess I was not asked -- was a professional shipment and handled beautifully by the way. JVK International Movers here in Thailand have done an amazing job with receiving the shipment, processing customs (no fees as wife is returning Thai citizen), and delivery just today was excellent.

Greetings from a Bangkok based Freight Forwarder. If you are based in Bangkok, then yes, the best possible Port of Destination would be Bangkok Port, either Terminal. Laem Chabang, especially for LCL, is not always possible but this depends on the origin. If you need further help just PM me.

Or was that only for containers?

Klong Toei Port (Bangkok) was surely open in Jan 2011 when my "liftvan" (big wooden box) was moved to Thailand via Singapore (change of ship) following landtransport from Klong Thoei to upcountry.

I have no clue what the route was from Singapore to Klong Thoei where customs clearance was done.

This ship (Hyundai Force, 339.0m x 46.0m) moved the box in a consolidated container to Singapore :

Hyundai-Force-598356.jpg

If you live in Bangkok, then Bangkok port is the best option... if you are living in Chonburi, Rayong (eastern Sea Board), then Laem Chabang is a better option.

The reason.... truucking charges

If you live in Bangkok and your goods are only booked to Laem Chabang, then your delivery charges will be higher.

For containers, Laem Chabang is best.

If you have loose equipment, such as tractors or whatever, there are choices of Bangkok, Sri Racha, and Maptaphut.

1 pallet ship via LCL so Bangkok would be a better choice for this ?

You need to talk to a shipping agent, in your area. Sounds like you need a ''groupage'' service (also called consolidated). You will need to use a standard pallet.

Shipper will probably have a preferred port, with a clearing agent.