Best Advice

seedy

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well having watched the video 'twist of the wrist 2' twice now and after a bit of practice. I can say that I have been riding wrong for all these years. I have been trying to body steer rather than counter steer (explains Petchabun).

but as they say in the video. I think I've got it.

just going to practice more of the things in the video and hopefully will get it. So any newbies out there download the video.

Hi Thacbr, where di you download from.. was there a lnk in these threads or just the video clips.. didnt see it ( the link)

We're not allowed to post links to the various download sites, but if you know how to download torrents Twist of the Wrist II is easy to find :)

Well having watched the video 'twist of the wrist 2' twice now and after a bit of practice. I can say that I have been riding wrong for all these years. I have been trying to body steer rather than counter steer (explains Petchabun).

but as they say in the video. I think I've got it.

just going to practice more of the things in the video and hopefully will get it. So any newbies out there download the video.

I wasn't going add to this thread but yep !! Great advice, watch the video's build on your riding safety and technique, practice is the key advice to newbies, proper training is good too, if you can find it here, many of us UK guys had places to go for improving with advanced riding instruction and the occasional track day on tracks that have safe run off's is a good learning curb, not so much for competing with other people but learning more about your own riding ability.

I use to help a police motocyclist friend with CBT and help the youngins with roadcraft, it was good fun and surprising how many of the kids didn't know of opposite steer.

Ride to live, K

monty, if you want it then be a PIRATE in the BAY. ORGanise yourself biggrin.png

Ok cryptic I admit. Im trying to sove it.. Im sure its some code instructing me to start revolution or let loose the " dogs of war".

Do i need tp print it out then soak it in water to see next instructions....

ahhh.. could it be code for getting certain instructional videos.. code underlined to show a keen sense of irony.

Thaicbr.. on a day when I have multiple big wigs in town you have given me an inspirational side attraction....

I will hoist the jolly roger and unfurl the focsicle ( can these be unfurled) when mission is accomplished.

Search I will in the Bay cheers

A good helmet is designed to absorb the impact and destroy itself in this process. Cheap, locally built helmets are designed by people who think that you can make a helmet hard enough to break concrete then nothing can happen to what is inside it. This shows the a lack of knowledge of human anatomy.

• Like 1

I was going to reply but decided not too, what sort of thread are you expecting from this ?????

may I suggest you go try a few helmets out for us and post the results....

Edited by Rimmer
Unnecessarily vitriolic flame removed

Helmet quality certainly deserves a thread of its own, given the variety of our styles of riding, and bikes, if nothing else. In fact, I find that there are discussions already begun, usually with the two Japanese leaders held in highest regard (along with their prices).

I'm guessing that the more experience we have with having dropped bikes and ourselves, the more likely we are to have respect for protective gear. <Except for the rest of us.>

I think that my most important safety lesson for riding in Thailand was self-taught. After marveling at what seemed idiocy of Thai driving habits, I resolved to watch out for them and learn their ways, their customs. Many western expectations must be abandoned and new ways adopted.

• Like 1

I'm with CMX. Most of my habits I have picked up through trial and error. I will admit that bigbikebkk's tagline has helped me though; not only with the braking but in general. I've found that relaxing my death grip on the handlebars has definitely improved the way I ride...

Helmet quality certainly deserves a thread of its own, given the variety of our styles of riding, and bikes, if nothing else. In fact, I find that there are discussions already begun, usually with the two Japanese leaders held in highest regard (along with their prices).

I'm guessing that the more experience we have with having dropped bikes and ourselves, the more likely we are to have respect for protective gear. <Except for the rest of us.>

I think that my most important safety lesson for riding in Thailand was self-taught. After marveling at what seemed idiocy of Thai driving habits, I resolved to watch out for them and learn their ways, their customs. Many western expectations must be abandoned and new ways adopted.

I think your last paragraph is very very true, in an odd sort of way it is almost safer to ride/drive here than in the west as "there" we expect everyone to obey certain rules and when they don't it we are not ready for it, where as here we are on extreme alert at all times - I have said this before on this forum.

Visability and reading other drivers is your friend - see and be seen

I think your last paragraph is very very true, in an odd sort of way it is almost safer to ride/drive here than in the west as "there" we expect everyone to obey certain rules and when they don't it we are not ready for it, where as here we are on extreme alert at all times - I have said this before on this forum.

Yes very true. I think in some ways its safer to ride here than the UK. In town Thais are much more aware there are bikes around and 'most' do drive accordingly. Sometimes we farang can be rather arrogant in thinking our way is best, but the Thais think their way is best. Both have their own merits. Bottom line though, is that we live in Thailand and have to adapt to their way of thinking and don't expect them to change to our way of thinking, because they won't.

Yes very true. I think in some ways its safer to ride here than the UK. In town Thais are much more aware there are bikes around and 'most' do drive accordingly. Sometimes we farang can be rather arrogant in thinking our way is best, but the Thais think their way is best. Both have their own merits. Bottom line though, is that we live in Thailand and have to adapt to their way of thinking and don't expect them to change to our way of thinking, because they won't.

Getting used to Thai driving habits is most important. You have to "flow" with the traffic and for this you need a while to automate your actions and bypass the brain :)

But i don't think that most farang really think their system is the best. And Thais don't think this either. Most Thais do not know anything else. My thai neighbour studied in London and she enjoyed driving there, because everything is "well organized and ordered".