What Special Treat Did You Give Your Loved One

lonexpat

Today will proberly create more havoc than sex. A good frieind of mine asked if it was the 11th?, Obviously more worried about how long it is untill payday than the long term relationship he"s been in. Someone else i know was showing me his defensive wounds from an all out attack from his beloved with a baseball bat. I believe in the old adage, it" better to have loved and lost than to have never loved at all. But I can understand why in Thailand that"s complete and utter insanity. I sent a bunch of roses to someone because it made me feel alive. The recepient of the flowers doesn"t know me. It doesn"t matter. I"ve always found that making someone else happy is more important than them making me happy. Except in bed. Anyway, I feel good on Valentine"s day and i hope everyone does

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I gave mine flowers and candy. The funy thing is the night before she called me to talk. She told me she went to tha market and bought me a surprise. I ask her why she did that. She said so she could surprise me the valentines day when she gave it to me.Big surprise huh. She then told me how much it cost her. So she told me I was getting a surprise and how much it cost does it get anymore romantic than that?

I gave mine flowers and candy. The funy thing is the night before she called me to talk. She told me she went to tha market and bought me a surprise. I ask her why she did that. She said so she could surprise me the valentines day when she gave it to me.Big surprise huh. She then told me how much it cost her. So she told me I was getting a surprise and how much it cost does it get anymore romantic than that?

That is often the case.

You buy a Thai something and they want to know how much it cost. Their friends also want to know how much it cost. They buy you something and they need you to know how expensive it was so they get kudos.

No, it is not romantic when it all boils down to 'how much'.

I always explain that it is the gift that counts, not the cost ;)