Chalerm Seeks Speedy Killing Of Drug Convicts

webfact

Drug dealers no matter how big or small are animals and need to be put down - human laws don't apply to them!

In a civilized country I would be all up for execution after a fair trail. Not so sure if it's right for Thailand.

Unfortunately in "civilized" countries the option for execution isn't there. Begs to ask who has it right?

The countries that have the right to execute are the ones that have told you at all border crossings and air terminals, that the DEATH Penalty applies to drugs in their country. Not hard to work out.

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Killing them quicker should really help serve as a deterrent. jerk.gif We know already that criminals weigh the penalty of their crime greatly before committing them .. surely anyone dealing drugs only does it because they know they will only serve 20 to 30 years (or life) in a Thai prison as opposed to be executed. Clearly they are not thinking simply in terms of not getting caught because anybody is happy to serve 20+ years in prison to make a few bucks. But now that executions will move quicker and shave 1 or 2 years off their time on death row, certainly many will now rethink if it is worth it to sell drugs.

What drugs are you on Nisa? Your logic is seriously flawed, a speedier death penalty isnt a deterent. Drug mules dont. "weigh the penalty of their crime greatly before committing them". They only concider the potential profits and they believe that they will get away with it. Why else would they do it?

Obviously not as good as the ones you are taking that have rendered your ability to recognize over the top sarcasm ... even when a jerk.gif is included.

Your right I didnt, I just though it was another of your over the top posts. jerk.gif

Here is a link to a New Yorker magazine article about Portugal's decriminalization of drugs.

http://www.newyorker...profile_oneline

Thailand does not currently have the public funds to create a welfare state, nor does it have the infrastructure. many of the Portuguese programs were indirectly paid for by EU member states.

Note that portugal is currently on the verge of financial crisis and many of the programs will either be curtailed or cut. Perhaps the programs in Portugal worked, however, Thailand is not Portugal.

As for the Deputy PM's statements, he is pandering to the public.His statements are not reflective of the applicable laws and fortunately his Chinese approach to justice is not permitted under the current thai law(s).

I have a solution. When they are sentenced to death for having a heap of drugs in their possession, they should lead them to the Gallows, put the rope around their neck and pull the trap door. But before they pull the trap door, put a trampoline under it, so he bounces back to the trap door. Give him a good fright and <Sn*p> him off, bet he wont do it again. Good laugh for the guards as well.cheesy.gif

Edited by metisdead
Disguised pr*fanity removed.

State sanctioned killing is wrong no matter the crime or political leaning of the regime.

I strongly hope Thailand will join the majority of the world when the UN next votes for the moratorium of the death penalty. I hope to live long enough to see the day when this map turn green. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:2008_UN_death_penalty_moratorium_votes.svg

• Like 1

What I would like to know is how many people actually die from taking illicit drugs as oppose to those who die from taking prescription drugs?

As the medical establishment is the 3rd biggest killer in the US and the 9th biggest by accidental death it must take some beating!

According to the following site: http://www.naturalnews.com/009278.html 783,936 people per year in USA, from what the report terms 'Conventional Medical Mistakes' 106, 000 of these are due to Prescription drugs. See the Death by Medicine Report, some experts estimate that it may be as high as 200,000 as some adverse effects of medication are not taken into account.

By the way Guatamala has said that it is considering legalising illicit drugs, see today's Bangkok Post. The truth rarely comes out, just an opinionated position continually propagated in the Media for whatever reason. Hence the continuing US led campaign on drugs.

Here is a link to a New Yorker magazine article about Portugal's decriminalization of drugs.

http://www.newyorker...profile_oneline

I read your link concerning Portugals virtual decriminalisation of Drugs,they are also a EEC Bankrupt Country,sadly a Nation that has given in to a minority group.

And a nation in severe decline.

Drug dealers no matter how big or small are animals and need to be put down - human laws don't apply to them!

In a civilized country I would be all up for execution after a fair trail. Not so sure if it's right for Thailand.

Unfortunately in "civilized" countries the option for execution isn't there. Begs to ask who has it right?

The countries that have the right to execute are the ones that have told you at all border crossings and air terminals, that the DEATH Penalty applies to drugs in their country. Not hard to work out.

The line was "Begs to ask who has it right" not who has the right.

Killing them quicker should really help serve as a deterrent. jerk.gif We know already that criminals weigh the penalty of their crime greatly before committing them .. surely anyone dealing drugs only does it because they know they will only serve 20 to 30 years (or life) in a Thai prison as opposed to be executed. Clearly they are not thinking simply in terms of not getting caught because anybody is happy to serve 20+ years in prison to make a few bucks. But now that executions will move quicker and shave 1 or 2 years off their time on death row, certainly many will now rethink if it is worth it to sell drugs.

Not a single country in the whole &lt;deleted&gt;..in world can give evidence for that killing people is preventing crimes.

This is barbaric acts that should place the rulers of these third class countries in a cell in Hague.

It's not about preventing crime; it is more about eliminating competition.

If drugs are to be eradicated, it won't be by trying to control supply, it will be by stiffening penalties to an extreme on users of drugs. If people stop buying, the problem is solved. So long as you leave the demand intact, new suppliers will fill the need.

State sanctioned killing is wrong no matter the crime or political leaning of the regime.

I strongly hope Thailand will join the majority of the world when the UN next votes for the moratorium of the death penalty. I hope to live long enough to see the day when this map turn green. http://en.wikipedia....orium_votes.svg

Maybe you're right. The guy that rapes your wife in front of your kids, then strangles them all is deserving of your tax dollars to care for him for 50 years until he dies naturally.

I'm not sure his method is correct, but people constantly cry that the war on drugs isn't working. Works for me.

But that's not a reason to lessen the already harsh penalties.

Will the threat of harsher penalties, such as death, have an effect or is the lure of easy money to great for those of limited intelligence?

Regardless, the drug problem sure isn't going away. It's only getting bigger. Legalizing is a ridiculous red-herring thrown out by the uneducated.

Plenty of comments, not many potential solutions.

first off, what's your solution?

you say the drug problem isn't going away and it's only getting bigger but the war on drugs works for you...mmm, does it work for society?

seeing as you need to be uneducated to consider the possibility of legalization, then you should easily be able to prove the cons of this suggestion?

name them.

Governments largely allow the consumption of alcohol which kills more people than any other drug as well being a leading cause of criminal activity and violence. Nicotine is another killer but then they want to treat people as terrorists who sell and distribute a drug, such as marijuana, to a public that wishes to purchase it. Most of the problems associated with drugs such as violence and economic impact is simply because these drugs are illegal. Regulate and control them as is done with booze and it will eliminate most of the problems and by taxing them it will help the economy while easily paying for rehab for those wishing to stop. And you still will see more violence and deaths as a result of alcohol than you will these of a drug like marijuana ... people simply don't feel a need to beat their wife, start fights or generally drive like a moron after smoking a little ganja.

• Like 1

Governments largely allow the consumption of alcohol which kills more people than any other drug as well being a leading cause of criminal activity and violence. Nicotine is another killer but then they want to treat people as terrorists who sell and distribute a drug, such as marijuana, to a public that wishes to purchase it. Most of the problems associated with drugs such as violence and economic impact is simply because these drugs are illegal. Regulate and control them as is done with booze and it will eliminate most of the problems and by taxing them it will help the economy while easily paying for rehab for those wishing to stop. And you still will see more violence and deaths as a result of alcohol than you will these of a drug like marijuana ... people simply don't feel a need to beat their wife, start fights or generally drive like a moron after smoking a little ganja.

There is a world of difference between ganja (natural product) and crystal meths, crack, etc. etc. chemically produced, highly addictive produce. Therein is the problem. I have never heard of anyone addicted to grass; heavy users yes, but not addicted.

Another thing to consider, if drugs were legalized, who would employ someone who had an addiction to say, crystal meths (common in this region)? Not many I would think. So being unemployable, how could they afford their taxed medication? For every problem you cancel with legalization, you create another one.

There is a world of difference between ganja (natural product) and crystal meths, crack, etc. etc. chemically produced, highly addictive produce. Therein is the problem. I have never heard of anyone addicted to grass; heavy users yes, but not addicted.

Another thing to consider, if drugs were legalized, who would employ someone who had an addiction to say, crystal meths (common in this region)? Not many I would think. So being unemployable, how could they afford their taxed medication? For every problem you cancel with legalization, you create another one.

How do they afford them now when they are much much more expensive then they would be if made legal? Making them legal (but controlled) would actually reduce the number of addicts. In places such as Canada, they have actually given away free heroin to addicts with good results in terms of getting these people off the drugs by having them come into a clinic to get their fix.

Nobody wants to be strung out on drugs and that is not a person's intention when they first pickup a needle, pipe or straw. Bringing these people out in the open and interacting with professional health providers would drastically save tax payers money in the long run, even if the drugs were being given away for free to addicts who simply agreed to speak to counselors and/or receive their drugs in a clinic environment.

And by controlling the distribution, it would help to spot and intervene when a person was crossing the line from recreational use to becoming addicted and dependent and/or is putting their life and well being at risk.

If somebody wants to smoke crack I believe it is their right as long as they are not hurting others. Crack and Speed are definitely dangerous drugs but there are far far more people using these drugs recreationally than the reported users who do something illegal that makes the news.

Even a drug like heroin has no real negative impact on one physically. The problems come from issues related to it being illegal and the addiction its use often leads to.

• Like 1

[...] people simply don't feel a need to [...] generally drive like a moron after smoking a little ganja.

Like this guy who wiped out a peloton of eight amateur cyclists in Italy while driving under influence of Marijuana.

http://www.cyclingne...cident-in-italy

Thanks for helping confirm my point ... as I said, not common and nowhere even remotely near the number of deaths cause by alcohol related accidents.

You should also note the story clearly states this was a speeding 21-year old who already had lost his license for dangerous driving (not driving under the influence of drugs). There is nothing to suggest drugs caused the accident but that is not to argue the fact that being under the influence of any drug, including over the counter cough medicines, can impair ones ability to drive.

The fact is that most people who smoke marijuana recognize and have no urge to drive when they are too stoned but this is often not the case with drunks. However, there will always be some people, especially younger inexperienced ones, who make stupid choices.

Edited by Nisa

how does someone become more employable when addicted to crystal meth if drugs are illegal.

legalizing drugs wouldn't create that problem.

and when talking about legalizing drugs, obviously there would be schemes set up for people who couldn't afford their addiction, just like there is for people who can't afford medicine.

it would cost money but the savings on drug enforcement and drug related crime (ie people stealing due to not being able to afford a fix) would easily match it imo.

The same employer whos employing the addict now, however, if the drugs were sold legally for the cost of manufacture plus tax they would be far cheqaper and a far cleaner drug.

Bottom line is that the war on drugs is a failure and this approach does nothing but guarantee the longest war in history ... where there are no winners and only losers.

There is no perfect solution but decriminalization, control and taxing would clearly be hugely more successful and less costly than the current approach.

By the way, I drink occasionally but am not a weed smoker but was for many years long long ago. However, it is just simply idiotic given the known facts that marijuana is illegal while booze is not. This alone causes more people to experiment with drugs because it is clear the government cannot be believed when it speaks of the dangerous of drugs. There is absolutely no correlation between the number of deaths, injuries and illnesses associated with alcohol vs. marijuana.

One has to wonder why a government feels so compelled to mislead its people ...

Edited by Nisa
  • Like 1

it would cost money but the savings on drug enforcement and drug related crime (ie people stealing due to not being able to afford a fix) would easily match it imo.

It would not equal it nurofiend. It would outstrip it by a huge factor.

Stop wasting billions on a hoplessly unwinnable "war on drugs".

Save billions on incarceration costs,

Save billions on the drop in drug related burglary.

Make billions in tax.

Spend a few million taking care of the junkies.

Win win.

The line was "Begs to ask who has it right" not who has the right.

Well I will change the wording then.

The countries who have it right, has the right.

The 'hang em high' brigade should be well pleased with Chalerm now, regardless of their political persuation.

yeah u r right mate ..these turds r always getting sympathy . eliminate the mules and eventually it will be hard to recruit and maybe the higher ups will have to take risks i have no qualms about executing the scum ..will have a drink when they knock the bali five or nine whatever it is cheers

The same employer whos employing the addict now, however, if the drugs were sold legally for the cost of manufacture plus tax they would be far cheqaper and a far cleaner drug.

@ Nisa, @ Nurofiend, @ Wasa

Guys, I understand your points of view and would be the first to endorse the eradication of the drug trade, but I still have problems with the legalization of all drugs.

Nisa, your view point on marijuana; yes, I can whole heartedly agree with that; I have always considered it to be a recreational drug and see no reason why it should be banned.

Nurofiend & Wasa on the point of employing someone addicted to say, meths; agree on both points you made. The problem I have with this is if it is legalized and people are free to use, what would happen if the user goes into flashback while employed using machinery or in a position that could be life threatening for others.

Wasa on cleaner drugs; again, agree fully with that. Drugs on the street can be cut up to 90% by the time it gets to the user. Problem here is that if it was legalized, the potential user needs to be fully aware of the dosage he will be taken. This is one of the reasons you have so many farangs in SE Asia over dosing, because they are taking the dosage they are used to back home, which will be a much greater reduced product.

But the biggest problem I have is the scale. Someone in an earlier post on this thread made a comment (not proven) that America has at the minute 20 million children using crystal meth on a daily basis (I keep referring to crystal meth and am aware there are many other drugs out there). I know you have to begin somewhere, but how do you address numbers like this?

Just to be clear, I am neither for or against legalization of drugs (I am not a user myself) and would love to see everyone sorted out and enjoying in a safe manner. I am just pointing out things that come to my mind.

The problem I have with this is if it is legalized and people are free to use, what would happen if the user goes into flashback while employed using machinery or in a position that could be life threatening for others

thing is people are free to use it... now!

drugs are readily available to whoever wants to use them, right now... even to younger kids... which is another thing that would be improved if they were under government control.

people don't decide not to take heroin because it's illegal, they don't take heroin, because it's heroin!!!

same for meth, crack etc.

i'm concerned that you might be falling into that trap of thinking that if drugs were legalized suddenly everyone would be out taking them, maybe not.

but back to your point, legalization makes no difference to the situation you brought up.

Problem here is that if it was legalized, the potential user needs to be fully aware of the dosage he will be taken. This is one of the reasons you have so many farangs in SE Asia over dosing, because they are taking the dosage they are used to back home, which will be a much greater reduced product.

you've just made an argument for one reason why legalization would improve the situation.

the fact that it's illegal is the reason why people aren't aware of what dose they take!

if it was legalized, dosage would be precise.

also, the price of drugs would be minimal, the reason why they're expensive is down to the risk... nothing else.

i know you seem relatively open minded about it, i'm just yet to see a solid argument for why we should carry on as we are.

that America has at the minute 20 million children using crystal meth on a daily basis (I keep referring to crystal meth and am aware there are many other drugs out there). I know you have to begin somewhere, but how do you address numbers like this?

i'd be skeptical of that figure tbh but no matter what the number, it's too big.

but do you think criminalizing the kids is the answer? that's no answer to me anyway.

legalization wouldn't be a cure-all but it's definitely a better direction i think.

you could have strict laws for selling to minors, ID only etc and those laws would apply to anyone buying and giving to a minor.

but to have an impact on the numbers you mentioned, the most important issue would be solving the problem of why these kids want to take a drug as serious as meth.

there's so many social issues that lead to drug addiction, it is a social issue, not a criminal one.

why is the dark side of drugs, the addiction and pain, considerably higher in the poorest neighborhoods..

The 'hang em high' brigade should be well pleased with Chalerm now, regardless of their political persuation.

yeah u r right mate ..these turds r always getting sympathy . eliminate the mules and eventually it will be hard to recruit and maybe the higher ups will have to take risks i have no qualms about executing the scum ..will have a drink when they knock the bali five or nine whatever it is cheers

clap2.gif

Nurofiend & Wasa on the point of employing someone addicted to say, meths; agree on both points you made. The problem I have with this is if it is legalized and people are free to use, what would happen if the user goes into flashback while employed using machinery or in a position that could be life threatening for others.

flashback???? I think you have been reading too much false drug propaganda.

and this came from Thaksin i take it !

you cant convict a man/women of a crime with a half hearted investigation and then kill them within 60 days, how many innocent people set up will lose thier lives?

If a person is found with vast amounts of Yabba/Ice in their possession then why not a speedy execution ?

1) Because they haven't killed anybody

2) Because the death penalty is evil

Drug dealing and drug-taking should be decriminalised and replaced by government-controlled and taxed supplies. The taxes would pay for addiction, rehab and advice centres. That is the only reasonable way forward. Drugs have always been with us; drugs will always be with us. Their trade and use have to be controlled and monitored sensibly, not attacked by the security forces as if the traders and users were some enemy army.

I agree. I'm tired of dodgy underground drug deals and having to keep my drug taking a secret.

It will be much better to buy an ounce of Coke from 7/11 and line it up on a table inside the club or just shoot a speedball or 2 at my table instead of having to subject myself to disgusting bathrooms. Have you seen the toilets inside the clubs? Nasty.

My Boss wont be able to say anything because it will be legal, and I'm sure since he gives smokers 6 breaks a day, he wont mind me popping downstairs to smoke some crack at the entrance to the building. I am a considerate crack-smoker.

And when I do too much, I know that rehab will be at my disposal because my taxes pay for it. I hope they have Xbox there. Dont think I could do 4 weeks without my Xbox.

Maybe my drugs cost a little more, but I can afford it, and I will feel good inside knowing that because of the strides taken to allow me access to quality drugs and growing the addict tax base 100 fold, killing 10's of thousands of people in car wrecks, violent drug induced attacks and overdoses means that the poor, uneducated masses that were forced to swallow 40 condoms and made to transport the same drugs I enjoy, are safe from the Big Bosses that manipulated them.

Well done liberal bleeding hearts. You proved Darwin wrong.

Can I assume from your (only slightly) funny comment, that you also eat ALL the food items that are available at 7eleven, just because they are available...???

A legalisation of (certain) drugs doesn't mean that everybody has just free access to cocain, heroin, crack or crystal meth.

But here is an idea for you: if you are an addict, you have a chance to get drugs, prescripted by a doctor and for cheap money.

What is the benefit?

1) most dealers or drug- lords will be out of business soon.

2) you (as a junkie) do not have to steal or whore around, to get money for your next fix!

3) this would lead to a decrease in the number of drug- related crimes as well (since hookers are not forced to do every perverted fantasy of their customers, such as having sex without condom on demand) as the numbers of HIV- infections.

I guess, if you just cool down your hatred for us liberals for a second and start using whatever is between your ears, you might come up with even more advantages!

• Like 1