How To Get A Legal Taxi From Town To The Airport These Days?

Felt 35

I have got the understanding that to call the limousine service at the airport and book is not accepted anymore because the limousine service is not allowed to drop the passenger of at the airport and if booking that way eventually will get a black taxi!

If there are a way, legal and reliable (not bus and own car) I would be grateful for information!

Thanks!

Forget it, Phuket is overrun these days with thugs and mafia, one of the worst is the taximafia. I never ever give those scum money if possible and neither should you or anyone. But alas they won't learn until the tourists get a clue how messed up Phuket is and quit coming and then the locals with the money and power realize they are killing their golden goose.

I ended up with the airport bus. Big mistanke. It was one hour after schedule. Had to call in a friend which drove me and had to argue with the check in staff because I was late for an International flight. Anyway I made it. Next time I will sure make planes for a friend to take me in advance.

Sad that it shalI go this way I think because I have used the limousine service for more than a decade and previously never had a problem with them, but when booked with them September last year it was no uniformed car or driver but a black Taxi coming and that was when had booked via the Limousine service office at the airport!

Forget it, Phuket is overrun these days with thugs and mafia, one of the worst is the taximafia. I never ever give those scum money if possible and neither should you or anyone. But alas they won't learn until the tourists get a clue how messed up Phuket is and quit coming and then the locals with the money and power realize they are killing their golden goose.

yes things Taxi wise in Phuket (Rawa) really getting bad.....

Here in Rawai there is no legit Taxi service to airport that i Know of..

I use the som tam seller in my neiborhood for a ride to airport 800 bht but he is scared to drop me off up at departure so i get dropped off at parking lot and walk to the gates...

All we have are these lay about belly scratching bums waiting for there 1 or 2 overpriced trips to the airport a day to keep them going. Its amazing how they get a free rain down here in Rawai, they get the best parking spots on the beach, put there bamboo huts and ripped up couches right on the main through fare and sidewalks with nobody with the balls to tell them move that crap off the road, Harassing the public as they walk by,

There is a new hotel underconstruction near my house not even close to finished yet..BUT the taxi boys have already put the bamboo hut on public property accross the street.....how do they get away with this ???...tea money to town hall i guess??

What is a ..Legal Taxi..do thry excist?.....This is TIP[This is Phuket]mfr_closed1.gif

Easy to identify a legal taxi. Green number plate.

and as legal taxis they are inspected every 6 months, drivers ID displayed, Insured

a private white plate car is inspected first time 6 years old, is not Insured to take paying passengers if Insured at all, do not pay any taxes, must be hooked up with organised crime to operate as taxi, and no driver ID

By town, I'll assume you mean Phuket town.

The guy I use is legal and speaks good English.

I believe he charges 400 baht from town to airport.

His name is Chai Phone: 081892 4452

Can he also pick up from Airport to Patong? how much does he charge for that?

Use Mr Lek he has a metered taxi and was still using meter in December

You need to call him the night before for a trip to the airport

086 884 8652, drives OK did not scare us to death anyway

Do you know if he does pick ups from Airport to Patong?

Use Mr Lek he has a metered taxi and was still using meter in December

You need to call him the night before for a trip to the airport

086 884 8652, drives OK did not scare us to death anyway

Do you know if he does pick ups from Airport to Patong?

He is based at the airport so it should not be a problem

If not when you exit the airport building go to the right hand end

of the building thats where the meter taxis operate from and

they are arriving all the time to pick up passengers

By town, I'll assume you mean Phuket town.

The guy I use is legal and speaks good English.

I believe he charges 400 baht from town to airport.

His name is Chai Phone: 081892 4452

Can he also pick up from Airport to Patong? how much does he charge for that?

He uses his meter as they all do when asked

The meter fare to Rawai was 560 baht, i gave him 700 baht

Still between 100 to 300 baht cheaper than the local illegal taxis

People who ask how to get to the airport in a strictly "legal" taxi, remind me of posters on the Business sub-forum that ask how to get a work-permit for their E-bay business.

+1

The legal taxis will never be able to make a living as long as the illegal taxis rule every local corner. and as long as the illegal has close to monopoly, they can charge as they do today

People who ask how to get to the airport in a strictly "legal" taxi, remind me of posters on the Business sub-forum that ask how to get a work-permit for their E-bay business.

+1

The legal taxis will never be able to make a living as long as the illegal taxis rule every local corner. and as long as the illegal has close to monopoly, they can charge as they do today

Ain't that the sad sad fact of business on Phuket Island. ....sad.pngsad.png

Unfortunately none of the meter taxi's use the meter anymore.

You have said this before, we returned on 25/12/2011 and he used the meter

and was happy to do so if we required him again

Last time I caught a "metered taxi" from the airport to Patong it was a flat rate of 550 baht which was told to me be the girl in the taxi booth. I agreed and jumped in the first taxi in the que. A meter was never offered and, knowing transport on Phuket, I never even bothered to ask about the meter.

Is the metered taxi guy you use your regular driver, or just a random?

Interesting .... I don't often need a taxi from the airport but last time (I admit last year) I had no trouble taking a meter taxi and I paid the meter charge + tip. Reading recent posts I'm wondering whether the meter is never used ???

Admittedly, it was a late night flight. Didn't clear immigration till about 11pm. Maybe they use the meter in the day and then at sunset it's a flat 550 baht. I spoke a little Thai to her, so, I gather she knew I wasn't a first time tourist. The meter is around 450 baht, I have no problem paying 550 baht. Anyway, I'm always learning here. Next time, I will not ask the price first, I will ask about the meter first. See what response I get.

Excellent, he is obviously the exception to this rule.

Don’t you have a problem with anything not fitting in to your soy life!

To your information the Limousine service have been, until recently the most stable taxi service on this island and years ago (17- 18) started out with an office near Surakul stadium. That time people meet up at the office bought a ticket and had to wait to a taxi was able if not pre booked. Later on they opened an office at the airport. The only other option that time was a tuk tuk to the airport and the problem with taxi mafia was no existent.

Last time I caught a "metered taxi" from the airport to Patong it was a flat rate of 550 baht which was told to me be the girl in the taxi booth. I agreed and jumped in the first taxi in the que. A meter was never offered and, knowing transport on Phuket, I never even bothered to ask about the meter.

Is the metered taxi guy you use your regular driver, or just a random?

Just random and never had a problem with driver using the meter

Just tell the driver when you get in the taxi you want to go on the meter

I always tip, there fares are very reasonable the same as Bangkok

They also give us a contact number in case we want to use them for

a trip to the airport

Interesting .... I don't often need a taxi from the airport but last time (I admit last year) I had no trouble taking a meter taxi and I paid the meter charge + tip. Reading recent posts I'm wondering whether the meter is never used ???

Admittedly, it was a late night flight. Didn't clear immigration till about 11pm. Maybe they use the meter in the day and then at sunset it's a flat 550 baht. I spoke a little Thai to her, so, I gather she knew I wasn't a first time tourist. The meter is around 450 baht, I have no problem paying 550 baht. Anyway, I'm always learning here. Next time, I will not ask the price first, I will ask about the meter first. See what response I get.

If the meter was 450 baht there is also a charge for the airport desk of 100 baht which may not be on the meter

You need to check the meter when you start the trip