The New Tune Hotel

healthcaretaker

Just looked at their website and I wouldn't stay there.

For 1 they don't even give the price of their rooms on their website.

Second I copied and pasted this direct from their website:

NOT Provided

• Telephone, Radio, Cupboard/Closets, Dressing table, Table, Chairs, Iron/ Ironing board
  • Room Service
  • Swimming pool, Gym, Spa, Sauna, Meeting room

In other words it's just a new shoe box. May be ok for 500 baht per night but what are their prices? Anyone know?

NOT Provided

• Telephone, Radio, Cupboard/Closets, Dressing table, Table, Chairs, Iron/ Ironing board
  • Room Service

In other words it's just a new shoe box. May be ok for 500 baht per night but what are their prices? Anyone know?

Well you've managed to find their web site so why didn't you enter some "Dummy" dates to get a quote?

• Like 2

NOT Provided

• Room Service

I checked their website; I know their address but can't find in google map.

The downside is their bathroom door that many dislike, it's transparent and translucent without lock, so having a roommate or visitor is inconvenient.

Their prices varies depending when you book. When they opened for booking, it was around 500 baht but dropped their prices last week for a promotion for certain period and happens around my visiting time, and you pay extra for what you want, like aircon, wifi, etc but that gives flexibility, which I think is good.

I don't see anything wrong with them for mentioning no sauna or swimming pool, at least they are honest here,

Edited by Rimmer
Libel content removed

Didn't really want a quote so didn't enter any dummy dates.

My own personal way that I have always lived by: When I don't see prices I don't shop there (type thing)

Even when shopping in a store here for instance if one store selling the same things as the store beside it, but the one store has the prices marked on it, thats where I buy from.

If I go to a restaurant and look at the menu and everything has the price beside it except for 1 item, I just assume that item is expensive hence the "hidden" price.

Like I say just my thing so same with websites that advertise rooms, if they have good deals they should proudly show them as many do. Saves me searching around and putting in dummy dates etc.

I am a dummy in Thai address. My quiries are not answered yet. Someone please help.

So is this place near Royal Garden ? Looks like it's near a Central Mall or something in North Pattaya. Is there any big mall and many cafes within walking from this hotel ?

It's on 2nd Road opposite Big C in North Pattaya. Lots of bars, restaurants and massage parlours nearby.

It is right next door to the Atlantic bar... and incidentally a painting gantry collapsed a few days ago and dropped straight through the roof of the Atlantic bar seriously injuring the painter and causing extensive damage to the bar.

Read the website for this tune hotel, very cheap but you have to buy packages for aircon,TV and toiletries.. may suit some though.

I think I found it in google map. Is the Big C located at Central Centre Pattaya ? If I am correct, it's location is 3 kms from Royal Garden Plaza by the beach road, but it's considered far from Walking Street, isn't it ? A bit confused by Google Map, I also find McDonalds Royal Garden Plaza just less than 1 km from Central Centre Pattaya, are there 2 Royal Garden Plaza ?

I think I found it in google map. Is the Big C located at Central Centre Pattaya ? If I am correct, it's location is 3 kms from Royal Garden Plaza by the beach road, but it's considered far from Walking Street, isn't it ? A bit confused by Google Map, I also find McDonalds Royal Garden Plaza just less than 1 km from Central Centre Pattaya, are there 2 Royal Garden Plaza ?

No,but there are 2 centrals.

so the AirAsia-Whiners have found a new "field of activity", of course without even having stayed at a TUNE hotel.

I have stayed at several TUNE's in Malaysia over the past few years, and when booked at the right time and in advance, they offer better value than anybody else. stayed at PENANG several times, usually paid not more than 500 THB per night. Good location, small but clean rooms. yes they charge for extras, but then at other cass you stay at hotel and automatically pay for tings you don't need or use.

Stayed at JB and Kuching as well, and liked it.

just make sure you get the right price. in KL for example, it is lousy value for money, they are usually always fully booked (their hotel at LCCT even has a occupancy rate HIGHER than 100%!) and then they charge high rates that make it bad value for money.

booked CEBU for 10 days later this year, less than 600 PHP a night. what more can you expect.......

so the AirAsia-Whiners have found a new "field of activity", of course without even having stayed at a TUNE hotel.

I have stayed at several TUNE's in Malaysia over the past few years, and when booked at the right time and in advance, they offer better value than anybody else. stayed at PENANG several times, usually paid not more than 500 THB per night. Good location, small but clean rooms. yes they charge for extras, but then at other cass you stay at hotel and automatically pay for tings you don't need or use.

just make sure you get the right price. in KL for example, it is lousy value for money, they are usually always fully booked (their hotel at LCCT even has a occupancy rate HIGHER than 100%!) and then they charge high rates that make it bad value for money.

booked CEBU for 10 days later this year, less than 600 PHP a night. what more can you expect.......

AirAsia-Whiners.....?????

Geez now I'm not sure if I am in Pattaya or Malaysia?

I've seen in Pattaya Mail that introductory prices are 199 baht. The place will be smelling of Indian curry in no time.....

So Tune Hotel's way of selling rooms still appeals to some people, if not you. On your earlier post, I don't quite agree with you on comparing the Tune's way of selling rooms by comparison to restaurants without a price in the menu. I certainly agree with you and I dislike shopping at products without a price tag or menu without a price for the item. It only showed they have something to "hide" or slaughter you when ordered, a very common practice in Malaysia. Whereas, in the case of Tune Hotels, it's different. You get to check the room rates before committing on the room although troublesome. Edited by healthcaretaker

The location is near intersection of 2nd rd and soi 4(just a stones throw). Maybe 7 storys and accross from International Hospital.

I just asked and a room is B705 per night if you walk in off the street. Web site will show the discount rates which you have to book. tunehotels(dot)com

Did not look at room

Afiliated with Airasia

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Stayed only 2 weeks ago, they had been open 17 Feb'12

Only 3 floors available at that time.

Booked end of this month ฿494 incl TV/Air add on's.

Special ฿199 at the moment. (Promo is 20-22 + 25-29Mar'12) Plus most of April'12

I don't think Thais are taking to the Tune Hotel System of booking online so that's why I think the special is on now.

Been to all of them including Formule 1 Hotel, Easy Hotel. same same.

Edited by LindsayBKK

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

-Who needs room service? (When there are so many good eating places near by?) Who needs a closet? Who needs a radio? (most people have their own tunes on their cell phones or i-pads) Who needs a swimming pool (when there is a sea nearby? Be sure to rinse off though) The purpose of Tunes is do give a cheaper rate just like Air Asia does (with lots of add ons) By the way, does the Tunes Hotel website have life insurance added on that one has to say "YES" to in order to remove the icon? (just joking)

-Who needs room service? (When there are so many good eating places near by?) Who needs a closet? Who needs a radio? (most people have their own tunes on their cell phones or i-pads) Who needs a swimming pool (when there is a sea nearby? Be sure to rinse off though) The purpose of Tunes is do give a cheaper rate just like Air Asia does (with lots of add ons) By the way, does the Tunes Hotel website have life insurance added on that one has to say "YES" to in order to remove the icon? (just joking)

Speaking of AirAsia, heard so much complaints on them recently.

Started in Europe but now almost worldwide including Asia is formule 1 hotels http://www.hotelformule1.com/gb/home/index.shtml

About same concept as Tunes hotels and they do exellent business worldwide at prices starting from 37$ up,however in Pattaya they would probably empty at 37$.