Thailand's Thaksin Prepares For War

webfact

• Replies 716
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

IMHO the next red shirt insurrection will have no shortage in attendance and likely an oversupply. In fact, I expect more than 80% to be women, most of them quite elderly and doddering on their last legs and/or looking around in senile stupefaction, all wondering <deleted> am I doing here, while their families back home go into paroxysms thinking about the B7.5 million possibly on its way.

So true.

And Thailand moves closer and closer to a failed state, failed economy, lawless, another IMF bailout and the middle classes pay again through extra taxes, but then, maybe then the middle classes will be better educated in large numbers, and large numbers will strongly be realizing that corruption just has to stop, then slowly a reversal. In my lifetime? Guess not.

Edited by scorecard
  • Like 1

You see seldom more nonsense in an article than in a piece of two former American pussyhunters who have no clue what they are talking about. Always good to see that the Royalusts still believe in fairy takes

Much like Canadian Lawyers.

it is humorous that a couple of people compare these 2 with Amsterdam.

They are worlds apart in terms of transparency & capabilities.

Amsterdam paints a very pretty picture for his client and is well paid for it. But he spins real facts and real events to his benefit. He spins a lot, but he does it very well.

This article is essentially rumor mongering from a couple of free-lancers. It is based on unsubstantiated rumors from unknown sources.

• Like 1

You see seldom more nonsense in an article than in a piece of two former American pussyhunters who have no clue what they are talking about. Always good to see that the Royalusts still believe in fairy takes

it is humorous that a couple of people compare these 2 with Amsterdam.

They are worlds apart in terms of transparency & capabilities.

Amsterdam paints a very pretty picture for his client and is well paid for it. But he spins real facts and real events to his benefit. He spins a lot, but he does it very well.

This article is essentially rumor mongering from a couple of free-lancers. It is based on unsubstantiated rumors from unknown sources.

I agree that this 'article' appears to be rumour-mongering & lacks credibility. The authors do lack the capability of Amsterdam because they are not paid nearly as much & haven't become as infamous as Mr A.

However, in terms of transparency they are no worse than Amsterdam because both they & him are paid to spout drivel - nothing like facts.

I am starting to feel quite sorry for these guys now. I had them down as two embittered retirees living in Thailand spouting the usual anti-thaksin stuff based on dubious, unidentified sources that is all too common on TV - wouldn't surprise me if they post on here. Now they are being put in the same boat as a paid propagandist.

It is one thing to hold opinions and be critisised for them but I can't help but feel uneasy about those that are paid to spin without holding any real convictions.

I just seriously don't get this. Why are the journo's giving this criminal any media attention at all. What is this guy doing giving orders and stating that Thailands PM must be kept in the dark? He seems to be doing a practice run for the position he ultimately wants. The media is allowing this man to become self appointed President!!! He needs stopping/silencing quickly.

So your solution is for the media to report nothing about Taksin? How exactly would that work?

Spins real facts? When you get to the crux of all of Amsterdam's arguments you found the same general theme, that being that Thaksin is an innocent law-abiding man benevolently fighting for democracy and for the interests of others.

History repeats itself.

We have seen such thing happen again and again all over the world, and this won't be the last.

The up-raising of the common people.

To struggle for a more open and free democratic society.

Last happen in USSR, Romania, Yogoslavia, East Timore, Tibet, Egypt, Iraq, etc

We congratulate then if the up-raising is a success.

We condem then if the up-raising fails.

This has absolutely nothing to do with democracy, in fact, just the opposite. Remember, this is Thaksin, not some benevolent patriach.

Yep.

Isn't it funny, or rather sad, that almost always when states or groups refer to themselves as "democratic" or fighting dictatorship, that they are the exact opposite?

Case in point PAD. They had some very undemocratic ideas.

Case in point UDD/DAAD: Also have some very strange ideas about what is democracy.

So Thaksin in Dubai pulling the strings of his Puppet Clone and his PTP Party is Democratic then? Or Shinawatra family Democracy?

• Like 1

I just seriously don't get this. Why are the journo's giving this criminal any media attention at all. What is this guy doing giving orders and stating that Thailands PM must be kept in the dark? He seems to be doing a practice run for the position he ultimately wants. The media is allowing this man to become self appointed President!!! He needs stopping/silencing quickly.

Considering the headline, I knew it would provoke the Farang Thaksin haters, indoctrinated by the opposition, to come out frothing at the mouth.

But surprisingly, this took until Post #11 to manifest itself.

As I read further through this thread, undoubtedly it will be a dominant theme.

though the credibility of that report, story, yarn...whatever, is pretty much non-existent imo

Well, it didn't come from the Nation. That lifts the credibility a few notches.

Asia Times Online was created in 1999 and sees itself as the successor to Sondhi Limthongkul's* Asia Times that closed in 1997.

Who is talking about credibility ? biggrin.png

* Sondhi Limthongkul is the leader of the right-wing People's Alliance for Democracy (PAD)

But is there any real connection between it and a news source 15 years defunct? The authors seem to be well informed and credentialed, though I doubt they would get this article published in any "red" rag - well maybe the "non-existing credibility interesting part."

I don't see any problem being accepted for publication in UDD/RS media outlets.

At some levels, this report could be quite encouraging to them.

If this news is true, another good coup should be held now.

Else it will be too late if we leave Thaksin be the President of Thailand.

I take it you are in favour of coups sparebox2.

Sometimes I labour under the misconception that most Farangs are Democracy inclined.

Tacky Wakky, #108

Amsterdam paints a very pretty picture for his client and is very well paid for it. His imagination got no limitations and he spins lies to his benefit

You sure about Amst. spinning lies?

I'm convinced otherwise.

The electoral majority agrees with me, and not with you TW.

But that doesn't necesarly make me correct.....does it?

Not quite as much as the Canadian lawyers.

This must be why the PM was visiting that hotel. She was being kept in the dark.

In the dark? Why is she in the dark?

Did someone turn off the lights?

Or draw the curtain/blind close?

Or put the blanket over her head?

If she was anymore in the dark she'd be a mushroom.

Always scare when a country feels a need to have pro-government demonstrations when there are no anti-government demonstrations going on.

Clearly this is the path to reconciliation.

BTW, a humongous rally is planned for Bonanza in Khao Yai this Saturday.

So that begs the question posed by Nisa......Why?

Here is my take on it.

There may be no overt anti-government demonstrations, but that doesn't mean there is no energetic anti-govt. agenda being spun out by the Opposition covertly.

What are some of the indicators of that? I can think of several:

1. The steady parade by the Opposition to the Judges. This is not intended to be Oppositional in the same sense as would Parliamentary opposition. This is intended to detonate some of the coup-bomblets built into the constitution by the coup-ists
  2. The pressures on this Govt. by its electoral base, preventing them from reneging on Constitutional reform in the face of Opposition intimidation, both overtly and covertly, is because these people see it as an existential threat to the Government they elected. They are not about to do another 2006.
  3. The enforced separation of Oppositional armed institutions from Government control, as explained by Amsterdam recently, is another slippery slope this Govt. finds itself on.
  4. The warnings by UDD/RS leaders of Coup threats are not made idly. They have substance behind them.
  5. Why this humongous rally this Saturday? Because the UDD/RS see fit to demonstrate that they are a political force to be reckoned with, as a message to coup plotters. A message focussed on consequences

Those are the five reasons top-of-mind to that question posed by Nisa. I am sure there are more.

Edited by CalgaryII

History repeats itself.

We have seen such thing happen again and again all over the world, and this won't be the last.

The up-raising of the common people.

To struggle for a more open and free democratic society.

Last happen in USSR, Romania, Yogoslavia, East Timore, Tibet, Egypt, Iraq, etc

We congratulate then if the up-raising is a success.

We condem then if the up-raising fails.

An absolutely incredible post!!!!! Do some people have no idea at all about what the red movement represents? Such naievity is astounding! The reds fought for democracy. Really? Do we now have a democratic government in Thailand? I am sorry chaps, this is about anti-democracy and the struggle of one man to become the supreme dictator. Nothing more. Nothing less.

That's actually right on! clap2.gif

This must be why the PM was visiting that hotel. She was being kept in the dark.

+2 on that one clap2.gif

Standard Political Playbook - My opinions may have changed, but not the fact that I'm right.

• Like 1

Again, the electoral majority which brought her to power in the full knowledge of all her associations,would elect her again today in perhaps an increased landslide,

So to suggest that she is "in the dark" as referenced here, is not shared by a majority of the electorate.

However, I understand that whatever negativity is floated about Ms. Y. regardless of credibility and validity, would be accepted at face value by the minority electorate.

Fortunately the last election removed them from relevance.

Edited by CalgaryII

Again, the electoral majority which brought her to power in the full knowledge of all her associations,would elect her again today in perhaps an increased landslide,

So to suggest that she is "in the dark" as referenced here, is not shared by a majority of the electorate.

However, I understand that whatever negativity is floated about Ms. Y. regardless of credibility and validity, would be accepted at face value by the minority electorate.

Fortunately the last election removed them from relevance.

Of course the view that "Yingluck is in the dark" "is not shared by a Majority of the Electorate" that's because they are all living on the same Mushroom Farm,on cloud cuckoo land!

ianf, #37

Do some people have no idea at all about what the red movement represents? Such naievity is astounding! The reds fought for democracy. Really? Do we now have a democratic government in Thailand? I am sorry chaps, this is about anti-democracy and the struggle of one man to become the supreme dictator. Nothing more. Nothing less.

Count me as one of the people who have a very good idea of what the Red Shirt Movement represents.

Given my grizzled no-nonsense perceptiveness, not many who know me, would consider my naiive as ianf would seek to characterize me..

The comments above are strongly indicative that the author has had little, if any, meaningful interaction with the Red Shirts. His take is perfectly aligned with the anti-Red Shirt Opposition agenda. That agenda being one of demonizing these people by reducing their political motivations to a simplified non-political context....focussed on what the author describes above, devoid of political insight.

This is grossly offensive to these people, and is the height of arrogance as represented by the elite, pinnacled by Abhi, who couldn't get elected of his life depended on it.

Without belabouring the point, suffice it to say that this Political Movement came into being as an oppositional movement to a coup. A political motivation if there ever was one. As much as the coup-ists beat on them until the last election, they held true to their goal.

They achieved it last July.

Nothing more, nothing less, and also not very complicated.

• Like 1

majic, #117

Of course the view that "Yingluck is in the dark" "is not shared by a Majority of the Electorate" that's because they are all living on the same Mushroom Farm,on cloud cuckoo land!

I have been quite impressed with the Thai electorate.

I recall the no-holds barred assault during Samak's election campaign by the Opposition media.

Likewise during Ms. Y's election campaign.

Yet the electorate saw through this smoke and conducted themselves much differently than the Opposition media expected.

Impressed the hell out of me.