German Beaten Unconscious At Samui Resort

Boater

PHUKET: A German businessman on Koh Samui is unconscious in hospital after being badly beaten in his room in the Baan Suan Sook Resort, Chaweng, last Friday (February 10).

Police from Bophut Police Station were called to the resort after Peter Stefan Reichwald, 67, was found seriously injured in his room, apparently beaten over the head with a blunt instrument. He was still conscious but was having trouble breathing or speaking.

In the room police found lying on the bed a loaded .357 revolver, which his wife, who lives in Bangkok, confirmed was his. Some of Mr Reichwald’s valuables, including his iPhone, notebook computer and safe box, were gone. The attacker, however, left behind some gold jewellery belonging to Mr Reichwald.

http://www.thephuketnews.com/news-local-german-beaten-unconscious-at-samui-resort-28829.php

Police should also investigate how he would have a .357 revolver in a resort room unless he has a permit to carry a concealed weapon. If he needs to carry he must have a lot of friend looking for him.

well the story does indicate that he's a "businessman". why he would stay in a low rent bungalow for doing business is another matter i guess but many farang can and do own firearms here so i don't see what having a gun in a resort room has to do with anything, and the comment about a lot of "friends" looking for him without knowing anything about him or his background or anything at all related to the topic is pretty ridiculous really and should be left to the day time soap operas.

does anyone that actually knows anything about this particular case have an update? just read elsewhere that a german had been killed in the "south" by his thai wife, not sure if it is this same german or not.

Police should also investigate how he would have a .357 revolver in a resort room unless he has a permit to carry a concealed weapon. If he needs to carry he must have a lot of friend looking for him.

well the story does indicate that he's a "businessman". why he would stay in a low rent bungalow for doing business is another matter i guess but many farang can and do own firearms here so i don't see what having a gun in a resort room has to do with anything, and the comment about a lot of "friends" looking for him without knowing anything about him or his background or anything at all related to the topic is pretty ridiculous really and should be left to the day time soap operas.

does anyone that actually knows anything about this particular case have an update? just read elsewhere that a german had been killed in the "south" by his thai wife, not sure if it is this same german or not.

No it's not he same story the other case happened in Chumpon,also a

German expat.

well the story does indicate that he's a "businessman". why he would stay in a low rent bungalow for doing business is another matter i guess but many farang can and do own firearms here so i don't see what having a gun in a resort room has to do with anything, and the comment about a lot of "friends" looking for him without knowing anything about him or his background or anything at all related to the topic is pretty ridiculous really and should be left to the day time soap operas. does anyone that actually knows anything about this particular case have an update? just read elsewhere that a german had been killed in the "south" by his thai wife, not sure if it is this same german or not.
No it's not he same story the other case happened in Chumpon,also a German expat.

ah, ok and thanks.

his wife said that the illegal gun belonged to him.

sounds like his wife had something to do with it or why would she grasss up him for havig an illegal gun after being beaten nearly to death.

sounds like his wife had something to do with it or why would she grasss up him for havig an illegal gun after being beaten nearly to death.

Where did it say the gun was illegal?

BigC can't figure out how to get one so...

• Like 1

No one's bothered to mention this item from the full news report:

...are investigating two possibilities – his money-lending business...

Perhaps that explains the gun...

Wasn't there also another recent episode here of a farang guy running into big problems of some kind. Ahh yes, the elderly American guy and a Filipino lady arrested and supposed to be deported for lending money at VERY high rates to fellow local PHs.

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK

forangs can't own guns and even if he could then he would not need his wife the guarentee that it was his because he would have the paper work for it.

sounds suspcious to me. if someone was going to rob you then why leave the gun behinde whilst the man was unconsious.

Thai newspapers said the altercation (Samui) was over a land dispute and he was knifed in the head. Chumpon? Wife said her brother killed her husband as he was a mean bully! Is it not interesting how so many deaths / murders only surface in the Thai media? Anyone like to add other stories of a similar nature to the mix? It took a long time for the Samui story to surface ....

As an aside the Samui story only appeared after a friend tipped off Phuket News indeed he questioned why the attack was not reported and they still do not mention the Chumpon murder ????

I am sorry i do not buy that fact that samui new covered it up.

If there is news then it is worth money and the news papers do not care about reputation of the island they just report it and sell on the info.

The only time when stuff is sensered is when it involves politics but that happens all over the world

Oops I forgot to bow Herr Boater. jap.gif

lucky he didnt die, or the police no doubt would have ruled it a sucide !, and that is not a joke !

Still don't rule out attempted suicide. rolleyes.gif

One could pay to have onself killed

it is in the samui paper. So much for a cover up!

The wife worked for theRoyal Thai Airforce. The land that the german owns is all in her name. The police said that they were worried that the incodent happend right outside the police station and the attackers obviously did not care about the police.

There was a gun left in the room. I reckon that because they don't know what he was hit with. he could have been hit with the gun.

Womens langery found in the house. It could be anything. could be a business matter or just some common robbers who sore someone that wa a bit flash with teh cahs and went to work on him. maybe the criminals could have been watching him fro their jail cell lol

Maybe was building something on the island maybe refused to pay bills that were owed!! Who knows could be anything really wink.png

who really cares. it is none of my business . I don't really know him or why it happened. he may or may not have deserved it but this is thailand. Just facts here and people could make a million rumers without knowing the full facts so as to that i am out of this one as i am not interested