Australian Tourist Visa Application

52 minutes ago, simple1 said:

David48 was banned. Understand your criticism, though somewhat over the top.

Didn't realize he was banned, a loss for this forum.

Calling someone out for bad manners isn't "somewhat over the top", I was under no obligation to provide answers to these 2 posters but did so to offer assistance.

No one else bothered to reply to them.

You may think its over the top to expect a reciprocal thanks or acknowledgement but most people wouldn't.

As I said its common decency and an a Australian value to act in this way, a simple thanks Mate would have be fine.  

If its made you so uncomfortable for someone to pull another person up on their behavior that you need to interject on the matter in that persons defense so be it.  

I think I may follow David48 lead. 

Edited by Surin13

1 minute ago, Surin13 said:

Didn't realize he was banned, a loss for this forum.

Calling someone out for bad manners isn't "somewhat over the top", I was under no obligation to provide answers to these 2 posters but did so to offer assistance,  you may think its over the top to expect a reciprocal thanks or acknowledgement but most people wouldn't.

As I said its common decency and an a Australian value to act in this way, a simple thanks Mate would have be fine.  

If its made you so uncomfortable for someone to pull another person up on their behavior that you need to interject on the matter in that persons defense so be it.  

I think I may follow David48 lead. 

Not defending members lack of acknowledgement for guidance. Do believe your rant is over the top - giving without expectation and all that - each to their own...

• Like 1

On 6/18/2017 at 0:37 PM, Surin13 said:

Wow 2 posters in a row that lack the common decency to  say thanks for someone answering their questions. 

They can't even muster a like for answering their questions, no wonder the the people with experience and knowledge don't bother any more like the OP David48.

The behavior of posters like this is un-Australian and speaks volumes of sort of people they are, No wonder they have issues with Australian Immigration and applying for visa's 

Sorry mate,

Been up country over the weekend. Literally have only just got back and turned the lappy on.....

• Like 1

On 6/16/2017 at 3:19 PM, Surin13 said:

Here is a guide on how  to attach documents to a visa application via the ImmiAccount https://www.border.gov.au/help-text/online-account/Documents/attach_documents.pdf

Just select which category best fits the supporting document you are submitting.

There is also a 60 document limit, and 5MB limit per document. 

And for your advice, thanks for taking the time to write. But you're answer is as vague as the immigration website (which I've combed through). I know how to attach a file but my question still stands, as far as attaching what items to what is ridiculously vague as to what people on this forum are telling me to include in my application!

On 2017-6-18 at 2:37 PM, Surin13 said:

Wow 2 posters in a row that lack the common decency to  say thanks for someone answering their questions. 

They can't even muster a like for answering their questions, no wonder the the people with experience and knowledge don't bother any more like the OP David48.

The behavior of posters like this is un-Australian and speaks volumes of sort of people they are, No wonder they have issues with Australian Immigration and applying for visa's 

Thank you for your advice, you'll have forgive my lack of gratitude but I checked back here a couple of days after I requested the advice, but infact in the 11 days between my request on here for information and the answer that I received from you. I did work the problem out myself and the visa was granted. Also I don't come and read TVF everyday and for that I am sorry.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, AussieFarmer said:

Thank you for your advice, you'll have forgive my lack of gratitude but I checked back here a couple of days after I requested the advice, but infact in the 11 days between my request on here for information and the answer that I received from you. I did work the problem out myself and the visa was granted. Also I don't come and read TVF everyday and for that I am sorry.

I've flicked you a private message mate

On 6/20/2017 at 3:43 AM, BangPaInn said:

Sorry mate,

Been up country over the weekend. Literally have only just got back and turned the lappy on.....

On 6/20/2017 at 3:48 AM, BangPaInn said:

And for your advice, thanks for taking the time to write. But you're answer is as vague as the immigration website (which I've combed through). I know how to attach a file but my question still stands, as far as attaching what items to what is ridiculously vague as to what people on this forum are telling me to include in my application!

The system is a one size fits all sort of deal. You are asking general questions so its hard to give more than general answers.

So to try to answer the question directly, here is you question again.

On 6/15/2017 at 8:29 PM, BangPaInn said:

my question is, where/or at what point do I add the other supporting documents that will help her application? such as proof of she has kids, proof of our long term relationship (photo's, facebook communication) etc etc..

All of this would fall under the category Invitation, evidence of letter/statement . Which in simple terms means do a statement from you and her addressing these points.

Nothing wrong with doubling up so to speak, so while you may cover Financial capacity in your statements, upload the evidence of this under the correct category.  

ie. in a really simple way to explain the point.

I am inviting TG to come visit me in Australia,  I am employed/what ever, I live in this type of accommodation, I earn this much/have this much in the bank , I have known TG for this long, I have seen TG this many times, I want TG to come for this reason, TG will comply with visa for this reason, TG will return to Thailand at the end of the visa for this reason, I/she will pay for everything during the stay etc.

I think you get the point, but feel free to ask questions if you don't

Make sure you supply evidence to back all these claims you make in the statements.

Get your TG to do a statement confirming the same things (and make sure she understands what you have said so she can confirm it if they call her)

As I have said before, be upfront and honest, any hint of dishonesty will work against you. Putting a large sum of money into her bank account is the most common and the worst advice you see on these forums.  The requirement is to have the Financial capacity to support yourself during the trip, not have unexplained sums in your bank account that don't match the type of work/income level that person has. But if you say that you will provide this Financial capacity or its will done in whatever way suits your circumstance, you need to back this up with evidence.

So make sure you supply evidence to back up anything you state in the statement/application. the key to visa applications is if you claim/say something make sure you have evidence to back it up.

Edited by Surin13
  • Like 1

Also in case people missed it I give a very good post about 4 years ago on the actual government procedure that is used in deciding on whether to grant a tourist visa or not. 

Worth having a look at. (its the current manual used)

Edited by Surin13
  • Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Quick question:

Is it possible to get a tourist visa for a 3 weeks trip to Australia ( a real tourist travel trip) for my Filipina partner, age 25 ? She lives here in Thailand with me, I have  a European passport and Thai permanent residence, she is here on an education visa. We want to visit Australia for sightseeing. She has a reasonable amount on her bank account for some years but  that's it. Any chance to get a visa or is it waste of time to apply?

On 17/07/2017 at 1:52 PM, Siamfan said:

Quick question:

Is it possible to get a tourist visa for a 3 weeks trip to Australia ( a real tourist travel trip) for my Filipina partner, age 25 ? She lives here in Thailand with me, I have  a European passport and Thai permanent residence, she is here on an education visa. We want to visit Australia for sightseeing. She has a reasonable amount on her bank account for some years but  that's it. Any chance to get a visa or is it waste of time to apply?

Yes. As posted above one of the main considerations will be reason to return to Thailand with you and no prior problems with Oz Immi. Some additional guidance for application...

https://www.border.gov.au/Forms/Documents/1419.pdf

On 7/17/2017 at 1:52 PM, Siamfan said:

Quick question:

Shouldn't be an issue if you follow my advice (and others on this thread), just make sure you explain your circumstance clearly. Treat the process as explaining the circumstance to someone who doesn't believe to start with (ie by default) but open to be convinced otherwise.  

Don't leave logic gaps in the application. 

Edited by Surin13

On 7/18/2017 at 3:26 PM, madmax2 said:

How long does it take to apply for a tourist visa, is it just a one day visit to the office,do you have to make a appointment and do they except cash payment, many thanks for ant replies

This explains it all http://www.vfsglobal.com/Australia/Thailand/how_to_apply.html if you have questions after reading this please post.

• 2 months later...

Hello,

I have a question regarding partner visa 820 and tourist visa 600

Without going into detail

Im wanting get a partner visa and bring my wife back to Aus but am unable to wait the required wait time due to work commitments

If i apply for a V600 visa and with the application write a letter stating that my intentions are too apply for a 820 visa once onshore as we have kids flying in and out of Aus every three months isnt possible, how likely will they take this on board and not impose the 8503 no further stay condition. Originally i was going to apply for a tourist visa and hope i didn't get 8503 clause which i believed was possible. But my wife has spoken to various sources and believes immigration will take leniency as there are kids evolved. Im unable to find any info online in regards to this any info would be appreciated

Cheers in Advance.

29 minutes ago, miksak said:

Hello,

Im wanting get a partner visa and bring my wife back to Aus but am unable to wait the required wait time due to work commitments

If i apply for a V600 visa and with the application write a letter stating that my intentions are too apply for a 820 visa once onshore as we have kids flying in and out of Aus every three months isnt possible, how likely will they take this on board and not impose the 8503 no further stay condition. Originally i was going to apply for a tourist visa and hope i didn't get 8503 clause which i believed was possible. But my wife has spoken to various sources and believes immigration will take leniency as there are kids evolved. Im unable to find any info online in regards to this any info would be appreciated

Cheers in Advance.

Deleted, as I just noticed you've been advised many time in your previous topic about this.

Edited by Will27

I'm going to Australia in March with my family and would be grateful for some insight.

How soon should I get the visa?

My wife of many years is Thai and been to Oz twice before but 10 years + ago. Things have changed - we went to the Embassy on Sathorn then.

I have 2 dual citizenship kids(Uk/Thai). 

I heard we go to Sukumwit soi 13 now. Can we just turn up there with passports and apply for a tourist visa? Can I get mine online, and is it easier(I'll be there anyway).

Should I apply with the kids Thai or UK passport. Thai is cheaper but we'll be there anyway if needing a renewed UK passport. 

Should I get my sister to write a letter to say we're staying with her?

We have property and land here but my wife doesn't work(sits on her arse all day)

Thanks for any advice.

1 hour ago, MrPatrickThai said:

I'm going to Australia in March with my family and would be grateful for some insight.

How soon should I get the visa?

My wife of many years is Thai and been to Oz twice before but 10 years + ago. Things have changed - we went to the Embassy on Sathorn then.

I have 2 dual citizenship kids(Uk/Thai). 

I heard we go to Sukumwit soi 13 now. Can we just turn up there with passports and apply for a tourist visa? Can I get mine online, and is it easier(I'll be there anyway).

Should I apply with the kids Thai or UK passport. Thai is cheaper but we'll be there anyway if needing a renewed UK passport. 

Should I get my sister to write a letter to say we're staying with her?

We have property and land here but my wife doesn't work(sits on her arse all day)

Thanks for any advice.

Hi Mr Patrick

For the children much better to apply online for an e-visa through an Immi Account - https://online.immi.gov.au/lusc/login

Their visas will be free and almost instant.

Your wife's application will be more complicated - and you will need to do a full application (providing supporting documentation). It should not be too difficult, showing you are married, her land  and an Invitation letter, funds available etc.

You can also do online however she will have to go to VFS Sukhumvit Soi 13 for her Biometrics (fingerprints and digital photo) so can do paper if you prefer - https://www.border.gov.au/Forms/Documents/1419.pdf .

I hope that helps...

• Like 1

21 hours ago, AustralianVisa said:

Hi Mr Patrick

For the children much better to apply online for an e-visa through an Immi Account - https://online.immi.gov.au/lusc/login

Their visas will be free and almost instant.

Your wife's application will be more complicated - and you will need to do a full application (providing supporting documentation). It should not be too difficult, showing you are married, her land  and an Invitation letter, funds available etc.

You can also do online however she will have to go to VFS Sukhumvit Soi 13 for her Biometrics (fingerprints and digital photo) so can do paper if you prefer - https://www.border.gov.au/Forms/Documents/1419.pdf .

I hope that helps...

It does help. Thanks a lot!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone, I've done my best to read as much as possible on the Tourist Visa (600) request procedure but still have some questions remaining that I hope you'd be able to help with.

I would like to bring over my TG to visit for the first time in Australia for a couple of weeks and we plan to travel within Australia as well.

The problems I'm seeing are as follows:

- even though she can get a letter from her employer approving her holiday, she is not in a position to back this employment up by way of bank book as she gets paid cash and hands most of her money over to her mom. While I have more than sufficient funds in my accounts as well as can provide proof of my ample income, I'm concerned that not being able to provide bank book statements for her at all will work against her... I read that my support will be the main factor, but have also seen it go the other way so am happy to take any advice on this. As I read that it's not good to transfer money to her account, I'm failing to see my options right now and I don't know if it would be wise to show statements of the limited amount of funds she holds in her own account. So should I submit her bank book statements at all or not?

- My TG also still lives with her mom (hence why she gives most of her money to her mom) but as a result does not own any land or title. I don't suppose referencing the ownership of land of her mom would do her any good? Her mom also owns a shrimping business and associated land if that matters at all :) Aside from her job she also has 2 kids that provide a reason for her to return home.

- My TG has traveled before and has always complied with Visa requirements for the respective country she has traveled to but has lost her passport and will need to request a new one prior to applying for the visa. This means she can not provide proof of her previous travel and her compliance. The requested scans from the passport are for stamped pages only and with a new passport all we would be able to provide are scans of blank pages :) As the 1419 form also requests information on previous travel, will it be enough to mention the travel in there? As we are not 100% sure of the dates/duration anymore I'm also concerned that I provide conflicting information in case Immigration can look into her previous travel history in another way.

- If I submit online for my TG can I complete part J (43 - 46)  as myself having assisted her in the completion of this form without any repercussions? I'm of course not a registered agent but am not getting paid to assist and have read that that's the main point of differentiation and it should be fine. Just looking to double-check whether this is ok.

Additionally, I've read about the processing times for Tourist Visa applications currently estimated at 14 days for 75% of applications. This is across online as well as paper based submissions. If anyone has any clear understanding as to whether VFS paper submission will be quicker than online or not, I'd appreciate that input as well. As biometrics will need to be collected anyway, we could go paper based but the main draw point is to have the Visa as soon as possible so would prefer to go the quickest route. Ideally though I would like to do everything online (if that happens to be the quickest way as well) as I can then submit for her. Travel is scheduled for mid November so we would like to know the outcome asap so that we can start booking tickets without prices skyrocketing too much.

Appreciate any and all answers (and I promise to be profusely grateful :D)

Edited by Silvermane

On 27/09/2017 at 8:42 PM, miksak said:

Hello,

Can some one tell me what is the difference between the 1419 tourist application and the subclass A600 tourist visa online application?

Cheers in advance

The 1419 form is the offline paperwork for a Subclass 600 Visitor Visa.  Theoretically there is no difference apart one is offline, and one is online.  Generally online is better as it provides confirmation of lodgement, fees etc, and processing status.  Online VV 600's are not available to all countries, but its improving constantly.

If you can go online, then that is the best option.

On 17/10/2017 at 4:24 PM, Silvermane said:

Hi everyone, I've done my best to read as much as possible on the Tourist Visa (600) request procedure but still have some questions remaining that I hope you'd be able to help with.

I would like to bring over my TG to visit for the first time in Australia for a couple of weeks and we plan to travel within Australia as well.

The problems I'm seeing are as follows:

- even though she can get a letter from her employer approving her holiday, she is not in a position to back this employment up by way of bank book as she gets paid cash and hands most of her money over to her mom. While I have more than sufficient funds in my accounts as well as can provide proof of my ample income, I'm concerned that not being able to provide bank book statements for her at all will work against her... I read that my support will be the main factor, but have also seen it go the other way so am happy to take any advice on this. As I read that it's not good to transfer money to her account, I'm failing to see my options right now and I don't know if it would be wise to show statements of the limited amount of funds she holds in her own account. So should I submit her bank book statements at all or not?

- My TG also still lives with her mom (hence why she gives most of her money to her mom) but as a result does not own any land or title. I don't suppose referencing the ownership of land of her mom would do her any good? Her mom also owns a shrimping business and associated land if that matters at all :) Aside from her job she also has 2 kids that provide a reason for her to return home.

- My TG has traveled before and has always complied with Visa requirements for the respective country she has traveled to but has lost her passport and will need to request a new one prior to applying for the visa. This means she can not provide proof of her previous travel and her compliance. The requested scans from the passport are for stamped pages only and with a new passport all we would be able to provide are scans of blank pages :) As the 1419 form also requests information on previous travel, will it be enough to mention the travel in there? As we are not 100% sure of the dates/duration anymore I'm also concerned that I provide conflicting information in case Immigration can look into her previous travel history in another way.

- If I submit online for my TG can I complete part J (43 - 46)  as myself having assisted her in the completion of this form without any repercussions? I'm of course not a registered agent but am not getting paid to assist and have read that that's the main point of differentiation and it should be fine. Just looking to double-check whether this is ok.

Additionally, I've read about the processing times for Tourist Visa applications currently estimated at 14 days for 75% of applications. This is across online as well as paper based submissions. If anyone has any clear understanding as to whether VFS paper submission will be quicker than online or not, I'd appreciate that input as well. As biometrics will need to be collected anyway, we could go paper based but the main draw point is to have the Visa as soon as possible so would prefer to go the quickest route. Ideally though I would like to do everything online (if that happens to be the quickest way as well) as I can then submit for her. Travel is scheduled for mid November so we would like to know the outcome asap so that we can start booking tickets without prices skyrocketing too much.

Appreciate any and all answers (and I promise to be profusely grateful :D)

So, you will need to put sufficient funds into her account to cover her stay, must be her account. She needs to provide a copy of a bank statement as proof.  DIBP dont care where the money came from as long as she has access to it when onshore.

As long as the letter of employment is verifiable, by a phone call from DIBP to the employer, that should be OK. Cash employment is common in Thailand and the DIBP understand that.  What they dont have time for is not being able to contact the employer by phone, or the companies name is not registered.

The kids are the best evidence for her return.  Include copies of their birth certificates as proof.

Include a letter stating the passport was lost and that the dates are not accurate. Hopefully you have the original passport number to quote, but regardless DIBP will have her travels on the system.

Get a new passport BEFORE you apply for the VV.

You completing the application is fine, everyone does it and you dont have to be a agent.  As long as she signs it of course.

• Like 1

On 29/09/2017 at 4:53 PM, miksak said:

Hello,

Cheers in Advance.

Most first time tourist Visa's to high risk countries have a 8503 applied.  You can certainly request no 8503 and the reason on your application, but the application of an 8503 is usually a computer decision based on a risk profile.  So its possible what your asking.  However, as the whole family and kids will be in Australia, as tourists, DIBP will probably be concerned about possible overstay, triggering a 8503.

Its a lucky draw sometimes as well.

Let us know how you go.

On 17/07/2017 at 1:52 PM, Siamfan said:

Quick question:

Yes its possible, just make sure you clearly answer and provide proof of the 3 major aspects;

1. She has the funds IN HER NAME to cover the trip
  2. She has a compelling reason to leave at the end of the stay, her Uni enrollment for next semester is ideal.
  3. She is a true tourist (not hard to establish for 3 weeks)

On 09/10/2016 at 3:31 PM, patongphil said:

Just an update on this. I sent an email to VFS asking them and the reply was that each and every application requires biometrics to be done regardless of previous applications, history etc. so it is back to Bangkok for us again. 

I wonder if they thought this through?

The biometrics do differ for some visa's, plus DIBP always want the latest data.  Agreed its a pain.

On 15/06/2017 at 8:29 PM, BangPaInn said:

Hi folks!,

I'm currently applying for a tourist/visitor visa online for my thai gf. This is her first application and so far the online application has been pretty straight forward and I'm now up to the section where I have to attach the required supporting documents.

list of required attachments are as followed:
- Travel Document

- Travel History, evidence of
- Financial capacity 

- Invitation, evidence of letter/statement - sponser 

- Business ownership

- Assets - Personal evidence of 
- Birth or Age, Evidence of

- Form 956A appointment of authorised recipient 

my question is, where/or at what point do I add the other supporting documents that will help her application? such as proof of she has kids, proof of our long term relationship (photo's, facebook communication) etc etc..

cheers

The kids are the greatest aspect for demonstrating a reason to return.  Way ahead of jobs and businesses.  Include copies of their birth certificates in the application.