Anybody Used Jet Airways, Kingfisher, Air India To Uk?

UbonOz

Just a heads-up, I'm hearing rumours that Jet may have decided to change from 3-3-3 to 3-4-3 in Economy, on their B773s. sad.png

Also got caught recently, by their decision to cancel (by the end of this month) my lunch-time connecting-flight BOM-BKK, I was on their LHR-BOM inbound, so they rebooked me onto a flight departing BOM before we'd landed inbound ! Bit of a tight connection ? Really intelligent there, guys ! blink.png

After a week's emails, back and forth, they eventually switched me to re-route via DEL, with very-similar timings to my original trip, but why didn't they do this automatically, in the first place ? Duh ! ermm.gif

They seem to be going down-hill, sadly.

That's how the Kingfisher debacle started. I won't use an Indian airline after that. They still owe me money.

Hopefully you'll be fine but if they are up to these tricks then I would advise anyone not to book with them.

That's how the Kingfisher debacle started. I won't use an Indian airline after that. They still owe me money.

Hopefully you'll be fine but if they are up to these tricks then I would advise anyone not to book with them.

I do feel for you. wai.gif

On the other hand I got this flight, plus two other earlier tickets BKK-LHR-BKK, for only B22,890 each when Jet were trying to lock-in passengers last January, as they went head-to-head with Kingfisher who were about to start crumbling.

Hopefully there's enough business to support two airlines, Jet Airways plus government-funded Air India, where there clearly wasn't enough for three ? smile.png

Will add my support for Jet. Yep, Mumbai is a little bit of hassle, but only because their security section is a bit of a bun-fight. Still doable for the saving. We still ended up in London on time and had good service, good food and good seats. The flight attendants were very good with our little (then) 7 month old girl. On the way back we flew via Dehli, which is actually quite an impressive airport. The security screening is a lot smoother and friendlier. The terminal is light, airy and has good value food too.

Sure, pay double and go direct, but when Jet has a sale it REALLY has a sale.

To quote the lady sat next to me for Bangkok to Mumbai "I worked for Air India for 20 years but the service has declined. My people (Indians) are calling Jet the Flag Carrier now". Too right.

• Like 1

Generous baggage allowance with King Fisher.

Maybe, but they don't fly internationally any more. And very soon they may not be flying domestically either.

Why? What's the current situation?

Kingfisher has a major financial-crisis, and ceased all International-routes in March/April, returning many of their aircraft to the lessors.

Some ticket-holders, for flights which failed to operate, are still awaiting refunds.

Newspapers and online-forums report that their remaining staff are being paid months late, the Indian Department of Civil Aviation is involved, they appear to be a victim of previous over-expansion of Indian air-travel in general, followed by a slump.

http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/news/news-by-company/corporate-trends/kingfisher-airlines-doubled-ceos-fy12-pay-to-rs-4-crore/articleshow/16259559.cms

Edited by Ricardo