Waterfalls

pattayadingo

As the rains will be due before very much longer I am wondering what are the best waterfalls in the Pattaya region ( or the nearest good waterfall).

It seems so long since I went to one and they were up north. Had some fun and good days out at those and for a change I'd like to get out to one from Pattaya.

Any ideas from personal experience as many do not live up to the blurb given out on the web.

Thanks.

Head to Kanchanaburi for a couple of days, some great spots there, Erawan falls was good but just make sure no rain is forecast!! I got caught in a rainstorm on the way down, level 5 i think, complete river all the way then!!!, scary, but good scary!!

I went to one down near Rayong, cant remember the name but it was a bit of a let down anyway after Kanchanaburi.

Edited by LennyW

Couple down near Chanthaburi

Krating Waterfall isn't too impressive, but very popular for the locals and is in a good natural setting - ie only one little picnic area, very cold water!

Another one just past chanthaburi is again very popular - has loads of fish in it that you can feed and they swim all around you. It is called Plew Waterfall, is very close to the road to Trat. Has a few levels to it, not a bad spot!

Hope that helps...

I hear they might be turning the water on at the Dolphin round-about soon. Ok but in all seriousness the rainy season is not until June anyways and yes folks are right Kanchanaburi is nice for more then just the water-falls.

Seasons in Pattaya http://pattaya.voyag...ps/weather.html

This site also has the link to the water-falls at: Chantathen Waterfall

Edited by Gone

A few good ones I have visted in the past

Klang (Rayong) Khao Chamao - 1 hr from Pattaya

Nakorn Nayok - 3 hour from Pattaya

Khao Yai - 3 hour from Pattaya

Most have an enterance fee but if you visit in the sameday you only pay once, best to have a Thai driving license and you pay local price.