Nakhon Sawan News

nong38

I know Reinhard and he is a mate of mine.

Oh maybe You know then? I see on his facebook, no more customers. Is that for 5 star hotels or for everyone? I mean, is there anywhere in Nakhon Sawan I can buy these heavenly cheeses?

If you are not too fussy, or too much of a purist Foodland in Bangkok has 'local' Cheddar at 350 baht a kilo, the same gear at 400 a kilo at Foodland in Pattaya.

Seemed fine to me.

I don't know what is fussy but I know cheese and "cheese"

Cheddar can find everywhere, I want try Heavenly Cheese! smile.png

Don't forget, tomorrow 6PM League Cup football, Nakhon Sawan - Chiang Rai. 50b and beer was 40b leo can

Reinhard sent me an email and he is packed out with orders for hotels etc.

The amounts that you and I would buy are not that much and he has no outlet like a small shop in N/S and no plans to open one there.

It would be a losing proposition to find a place, set it up and have maybe 50 or a hundred customers a week.

It is a shame but sadly a fact of commercial life.

• Like 1

The Walk, the new shopping centre near Sawan Park opens for business on the 13th February.

Yet another shopping centre how many do you need for Buddha sake 2 Big C Tesco and now the Walk but still no bloody decent restaurant's. Oh what joy it must be to spend all your time shopping with the wife, then going home for your egg on toast.

But I digress from what I went on line for FOOTBALL. Just watched live Liverpool 5 Arse,nill well it would have been if Liverpool hadn't let them have a penalty in the second half, full time 5/1 but it could have been 20 1 Arse,nill looked like K/P/P going 4 down within 18 Min: yes 18 Min: even West Ham have been better than that and they are the bottom of the league not top. Now who do we know that support's Arse,nill and had the cheek to put a post in saying 5/1 5 bloody 1.

Oh well H/M back to the football at 10pm suppose you lot are eating your pizza takeaway. Delish enjoy.

H/M.

I am not a cheddar chappie so I cannot share you distress, I am a Double Gloucester connosir ( for those who cannt speil) alas a golden chalice here I think so something I indulge in with the red wine when I am back in blighty.

Something I watched on youtube the other night some of you RAF chaps might like to have a look at it, I thought it was top hole old chap................The battle of Britain...the real story.......excellent 51 mins with some interesting insights so get your bottle out, bag of crisps or cheddar sandwich whatever well worth a look.

Came past the walk last night still hard at work at 2100 hrs, going to be close...............a couple of furniture shops plus Tesco, is it enough to make you detour, I have not got the green light as yet so be patient.

H/M for 20 minutes Liverpool were sensational and Arsenal were terrible its a simple as that, you never know what team is going to turn up! Perhaps thats what make football so interesting? Your boys did well and now look like escaping the trap door of doom, but next week is another story.

Edited by nong38

I am not a cheddar chappie so I cannot share you distress, I am a Double Gloucester connosir ( for those who cannt speil) alas a golden chalice here I think so something I indulge in with the red wine when I am back in blighty.

Something I watched on youtube the other night some of you RAF chaps might like to have a look at it, I thought it was top hole old chap................The battle of Britain...the real story.......excellent 51 mins with some interesting insights so get your bottle out, bag of crisps or cheddar sandwich whatever well worth a look.

Came past the walk last night still hard at work at 2100 hrs, going to be close...............a couple of furniture shops plus Tesco, is it enough to make you detour, I have not got the green light as yet so be patient.

H/M for 20 minutes Liverpool were sensational and Arsenal were terrible its a simple as that, you never know what team is going to turn up! Perhaps thats what make football so interesting? Your boys did well and now look like escaping the trap door of doom, but next week is another story.

Next week W.Ham's next game is Tuesday night Wednesday morning over here, H/M will not be looking at it even though it's live on CTH a trite to late even for me.

Good game last night not Spur's that was at best like Arse,Nill rubbish, Slight correction on the Liverpool were great for 20 Min: they were fantastic for 90 Min: Arse,Nill were rubbish the whole time. But the M/U game who played Fulham bottom of the league and until the last 10+ Min: were 0/1 down then they like they always do scored a quick two goal's, gave it the big look at us we have done it again only to see Fulham get an equaliser in extra time making it 2/2 the look on the M/U fan's face's was a site to behold. Not dissimilar to the N/S peep's face's after they have spent a few hour's in K.P.P seeing what's on offer here as against their place.

Sorry about the bloomer re (A) Tesco seems like there is yet another one opening. Right let's get this right 2 Big C 2 Tesco The Walk, 2 DRIVE through Big Mc, K F C Buddha knows how many of those, a take away pizza and then BUGGER all.

H/M will as stated be going on Wednesday for his Visa look's like I'm left with a very small choice regarding what comestible are on offer, only left with it seems Diesel Duck, back to the Burmese place, or take Bacon sarnies.

An update will follow on what H/M sort's out but don't hold your breath that it will be any good.

Have seen the B/Britain thingy and very enlightening is was, well worth a looksee. Just show's you what we owed to the Polish.

H/M.

Wotcher tosh, got a Toshiba?

This is another way of saying do you have a link to the BoB Youtube?

What Ho Bill Just go onto U tube and tap in Battle of Britain the untold story's or 'the real story' about 50Min: Lot of different one's on there, then look at Bloody Foreigners untold Battle of Britain. (Polskie Napisy) about the same time. A real eye opener.

Edited by fredob43

I find this topic, same dentist

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/422813-hospital-dentist-in-nakhon-sawan/

Map here

https://plus.google.com/103753055680040953375/about?gl=th&hl=en

Been 4 times, professional way, first telling me options what we can do and why, how much it will cost etc. Every dentist speaks better english than me :)

Treatment (root canals!) no pain at all, always asking if it hurts or not.

Never waited more than ~20min to get in chair.

Only thing is, if you want privacy, you don't get it here. 5 chairs in same room and 3 more next room without door.

No idea if price is good or not, root canal treatment for one teeth, 6000b

What Ho Bill Just go onto U tube and tap in Battle of Britain the untold story's or 'the real story' about 50Min: Lot of different one's on there, then look at Bloody Foreigners untold Battle of Britain. (Polskie Napisy) about the same time. A real eye opener.

I found the site yesetrday and downloaded it then watched it last night.

It gave the impression to me that withoutthe Poles we would have lost the BoB. It was all about the Poles but there were also Belgians, Dutch, Free French, Danes and Norwegians involved.

Politically what happened to Poland at the end of the war was all about politics and a really crappy thing to do to them. On the other hand the Allies may have had big problems if the Russians just kept on going across Germany etc.

I found the site yesetrday and downloaded it then watched it last night.

It gave the impression to me that withoutthe Poles we would have lost the BoB. It was all about the Poles but there were also Belgians, Dutch, Free French, Danes and Norwegians involved.

Politically what happened to Poland at the end of the war was all about politics and a really crappy thing to do to them. On the other hand the Allies may have had big problems if the Russians just kept on going across Germany etc.

I don't know about lost the war but their Poles flying certainly showed us a thing or several.

H/M went to N/S today to get his visa and even though I didn't have the TM 7 form still only took about 30 Min: Right that's the good news. Might be more later but don't hold your breath.

Now the trip.

All went well till H/M got to about 1.5km north of the By-Pass then it started a large nay huge traffic jam.

Eventually got through that. Turned right just after Big C (Did notice that the clock was after several year's telling the right time yipee) Did visa first class as usual.

Then orf to eat as it was just coming up to Midday. As usual the Burmese Restaurant beckoned nothing else was worth going to.

Then came back to Big C T/Light's and would you believe it they had blocked the strait on bit YET again so had to turn left through all the six lane road with as usual hoards of fume belching traffic to U Turn and back yet again turning left at the T Light's orf we went, well a full stop more like only had to go 3/4 of a km just passed the Wat on the right if you know the place, how long did it take well 48 Min: no less and I'm not making that bit up.

After getting what Mr's H/M wanted it was orf yet again thanks to my S/Nav out of the place.

Usual pile's of traffic till we got to the bit where they are resurfacing the road, that by the way is coming on fine, by the way they are going should all be complete in several ??? year's.

H/M made that assumption by having seen how thing's have progressed in the last 5 week's. Just before entering K/P/P province all was Ok well except for the pot hole's then Mr's H/M decided she wanted to use the loo. She can highly recommend the one in the Petrol station just before you exit N/S province that's the set up with two Garage's opposite each other both with 7/11. Then it was orf to the land of not only smile's but little or no traffic..

Yet another bit of good (not much H/M knows) news H/M will not have to go into N/S so called town for another year will do all my reporting by Post.

N/B If anyone was thinking of starting a business in N/S may I suggest one selling anything to cure sore throats or even a dodgy chest. As both Mr's H/M and I have just that at the moment.

For you football fan's West Ham won yet again last night 2/0 so that's 0/0 against Chel: and 2/0 in all the game's 3 since by the way we are going we will be above Arse,Nill soon.

H/M.

K.P.PHET.

W/H CITY.

Edited by fredob43

H/M went to N/S today to get his visa and even though I didn't have the TM 7 form still only took about 30 Min: Right that's the good news. Might be more later but don't hold your breath.

Now the trip.

All went well till H/M got to about 1.5km north of the By-Pass then it started a large nay huge traffic jam.

Eventually got through that. Turned right just after Big C (Did notice that the clock was after several year's telling the right time yipee) Did visa first class as usual.

Then orf to eat as it was just coming up to Midday. As usual the Burmese Restaurant beckoned nothing else was worth going to.

Then came back to Big C T/Light's and would you believe it they had blocked the strait on bit YET again so had to turn left through all the six lane road with as usual hoards of fume belching traffic to U Turn and back yet again turning left at the T Light's orf we went, well a full stop more like only had to go 3/4 of a km just passed the Wat on the right if you know the place, how long did it take well 48 Min: no less and I'm not making that bit up.

After getting what Mr's H/M wanted it was orf yet again thanks to my S/Nav out of the place.

Usual pile's of traffic till we got to the bit where they are resurfacing the road, that by the way is coming on fine, by the way they are going should all be complete in several ??? year's.

H/M made that assumption by having seen how thing's have progressed in the last 5 week's. Just before entering K/P/P province all was Ok well except for the pot hole's then Mr's H/M decided she wanted to use the loo. She can highly recommend the one in the Petrol station just before you exit N/S province that's the set up with two Garage's opposite each other both with 7/11. Then it was orf to the land of not only smile's but little or no traffic..

Yet another bit of good (not much H/M knows) news H/M will not have to go into N/S so called town for another year will do all my reporting by Post.

N/B If anyone was thinking of starting a business in N/S may I suggest one selling anything to cure sore throats or even a dodgy chest. As both Mr's H/M and I have just that at the moment.

For you football fan's West Ham won yet again last night 2/0 so that's 0/0 against Chel: and 2/0 in all the game's 3 since by the way we are going we will be above Arse,Nill soon.

H/M.

K.P.PHET.

W/H CITY.

Just to show that H/M is not bias in anyway the BKK post has today an article about N/S.

It seems that N/S wants to be a mayor stop on the tourist trail on the way up north.

They are going to at a cost of 118mil,bt no less build a (Sculpture of the RIVER'S) as it's the start of the Chao Phraya river allegedly, it go's on to say that although it N/S flood's EVERY year during the rainy season they have sorted that bit out by building the afore mentioned sculpture several Mt off the ground.

They will also arrange some sort of floating market, how they are going to do that H/M doesn't know maybe use Dave's idea of some sort of paddle steamer churning up the plastic crap as it go's along. The rest of the tale is the same sort of rubbish, so H/M won't bore you with any more details except to say I think the monies would be better spent improving the Traffic and the road's that they don't seem able to sort out.

H/M can see the tourist garb now come visit N/S start of the C/P river don't forget your willies oh and fume mask's and be prepared to sit in a traffic jam for most of the time. It will be worth it trust us, if only to see the new floating market as it washes away down the river.

Foot note.

H/M woke early last night due to a coughing fit aftermath of my trip to N/S more than likely. And had time to watch live football I chose to look at M/U & Arse,nill.

Fatal what a load of rubbish, Arse,nill were at home but they still played like a Sunday league team living up to their name by scoring not a thing. M/U were as usual just as bad also getting a nothing score. The only thing that brightened H/M Night was the look on Sir Alex's red nose face not to mention all the so called fans of both set's of supporter's.

W/M for the Cup.

H/M.

N/S's brand new shopping centre, The Wlk, is up and running and jolly busy as you expect what with the usual free air con and a Tesco to match the one on the TAK Road plus a couple of furniture stores, been jolly busy by all accounts so give it a couple of weeks before you venture down.

It does make you wonder what the future will hold for "Fairyland" as its a mere stones throw away and as FL is about 20 years old now with huge slab of land opposite and next door it might be up for a bit of redevelopment in the future perhaps?

Football D2 season started yesterday, Nakhon Sawan - Chiang Rai 1-0. Last week Chiang Rai kicked us out from League Cup 0-1, so nice little payback. And who cares about cup anyway, promotion to D1 we want! smile.png

Oh and Uthai Thani -KPhet 3-0

Thanks for that bit of info H.P. Only 3/0 we were lucky K.P.P football team as I have said is almost as bad as Arse,nill. Chelsea got knocked out of the cup last night. Tonight it's Liverpool V Spurs it's live 11pm on Channel 7 so you don't need CTH, but it will have Thai commentary so lot's of cup's and bundles of oooo & ahhhh

Don't panic Dave re Fairy Land they have got their Museum to fall back on. If any one is interested they have old Buddha mask's most resembling Mr's H/M. And it's also free, if they charge for entry at 1bt a go they'll keep going for year's.

N.B H/M has not been there, I gleaned that bit of information from the BKK post article.

Right more info needed Dave on the walk. Other than yet another bloody Tesco and furniture shop's what else is there to go for ??? H/M already know there won't be anything decent to eat.

H/M.

K.P.PHET.

CITY OF JOY, VERY LITTLE TRAFFIC.

AND LOADS OF VERY GOOD PLACE'S TO DINE.

MANY NOT EVEN SELLING THAT N/S STAPLE RICE.

There was a lovely smell and the sound of sighing up here last night around 6.30 pm.

The sound was when the rain hit the ground which was where the smell came from too.

It was the first rain we have had since 15th December when we had 2.7 mm and the time before that was 19th November with 7.2 mm and 14th November with 6.4 mm.

Sadly it only lasted about 10 minutes but it is clouding over again.

The govrnment water supply was cut off last Tuesday and may come back in time for Songkran in April.

There was a lovely smell and the sound of sighing up here last night around 6.30 pm.

The sound was when the rain hit the ground which was where the smell came from too.

It was the first rain we have had since 15th December when we had 2.7 mm and the time before that was 19th November with 7.2 mm and 14th November with 6.4 mm.

The govrnment water supply was cut off last Tuesday and may come back in time for Songkran in April.

We had rain as well last night lasted for less than 1 Min:

Just had another lot 9pm Monday still going.

So no mains water again Bill I've got load's how much would you like ??? Oh at a price of cause.

What you need to do is invest in one of those water towers.

H/M made a blunder it wasn't Liverpool Spurs it was Liverpool Arse,nill I have the BKK post for that blunder. You more than likely wont believe this but Arse,nill won 2/1.

Fred.

So no mains water again Bill I've got load's how much would you like ??? Oh at a price of cause.

H/M made a blunder it wasn't Liverpool Spurs it was Liverpool Arse,nill I have the BKK post for that blunder. You more than likely wont believe this but Arse,nill won 2/1.

Fred.

The water came back this morning which was good as I needed to fill 4 x 1,500 litre ongs and that took nearly 8 hours.

My normal water price is 2 baht per 1,000 litres and in the no water period the resort down the road pays 200 baht for 4,000 litres from the government or 25 times the price. We wait for a while and the amphur fire truck comes around for free.

Fred.

The water came back this morning which was good as I needed to fill 4 x 1,500 litre ongs and that took nearly 8 hours.

My normal water price is 2 baht per 1,000 litres and in the no water period the resort down the road pays 200 baht for 4,000 litres from the government or 25 times the price. We wait for a while and the amphur fire truck comes around for free.

Now let me get this right by your word's does this mean that you have turned down my very kind offer of 40bt CASH a gallon + delivery ???

Fred.

Fred.

Now let me get this right by your word's does this mean that you have turned down my very kind offer of 40bt CASH a gallon + delivery ???

Fred.

Eeeerrrrrrrrrrrr Yes. You have just priced yourself out of my market.

I thought I was doing it cheap. If you want some later after you water supply has dried up yet again the price has just gone up.

Right News.

I see that N/S farmers are on their way to BKK to the airport 'Swampy' that is, to cause yet more mayhem no doubt.

Yesterday our great police force no not N/S but the K.P.PET one's have arrested 7 peep's for carrying Yaba tablet's some 1/2 a million of same. Where were they destined for, well you've guessed it dealers in N/S soon to be renamed N/Yaba

Look's like the HUB is now the place for everything well except good food, great shopping albeit multiple's of the same thing every where and the best place north of BKK to get your drug's.

H/M.

The person that keep you informed about what's going on.

I thought I was doing it cheap. If you want some later after you water supply has dried up yet again the price has just gone up.

Right News.

I see that N/S farmers are on their way to BKK to the airport 'Swampy' that is, to cause yet more mayhem no doubt.

Yesterday our great police force no not N/S but the K.P.PET one's have arrested 7 peep's for carrying Yaba tablet's some 1/2 a million of same. Where were they destined for, well you've guessed it dealers in N/S soon to be renamed N/Yaba

Look's like the HUB is now the place for everything well except good food, great shopping albeit multiple's of the same thing every where and the best place north of BKK to get your drug's.

H/M.

Amazing Kipper chaps getting up to no good with brain tweeters on their way to the Heavenly City get caught, country yokels Fred you should give them some employment, keep them out of trouble, start by closing down the Yabba Works.

The criminals can be set afloat in Bung Borapet, the word is there are some big hungry logs in there since the floods, ask for Mr Bitey!

Edited by nong38

Right News.

H/M.

Amazing Kipper chaps getting up to no good with brain tweeters on their way to the Heavenly City get caught, country yokels Fred you should give them some employment, keep them out of trouble, start by closing down the Yabba Works.

The criminals can be set afloat in Bung Borapet, the word is there are some big hungry logs in there since the floods, ask for Mr Bitey!

Nothing to do with K.P.P they were just captured there they came from Burma as usual. The news was in the BKK post today and who am I to disagree with Thailand's top ??? news paper

More update's needed on the Walk we all want to know what's in the place, other than Tesco and a few furniture shop's. Don't tell me that you have a decent restaurant at last.

H/M.

Edited by fredob43

Right News.

H/M.

Nothing to do with K.P.P they were just captured there they came from Burma as usual. The news was in the BKK post today and who am I to disagree with Thailand's top ??? news paper

More update's needed on the Walk we all want to know what's in the place, other than Tesco and a few furniture shop's. Don't tell me that you have a decent restaurant at last.

H/M.

Restaurants.

We do have many here in K.P.P that are great but I have to report on one that is somewhat below par. It's called the Mushroom situated on the 1 road just before the turn off to K.P.P town going north.

Last night H/M and clan decided to pay a visit have to admit it was my idea shame on me for not listening to Mrs H/M. Nice gardens but that's about all, seats at least 150 on quite good seating, menu in both Thai and English.

Well the food is at best average high price's and service all be it not slow maybe due to the fact that we were the only peep's in there was very impolite no and I mean no bugger smile's or has the decency to say thank you. At one time H/M thought he was in N/S no it wasn't quite that bad but anyway a heads up if your going past to give it a big fat miss.

H/M.

Right News.

H/M.

H/M.

Restaurants.

We do have many here in K.P.P that are great but I have to report on one that is somewhat below par. It's called the Mushroom situated on the 1 road just before the turn off to K.P.P town going north.

Last night H/M and clan decided to pay a visit have to admit it was my idea shame on me for not listening to Mrs H/M. Nice gardens but that's about all, seats at least 150 on quite good seating, menu in both Thai and English.

Well the food is at best average high price's and service all be it not slow maybe due to the fact that we were the only peep's in there was very impolite no and I mean no bugger smile's or has the decency to say thank you. At one time H/M thought he was in N/S no it wasn't quite that bad but anyway a heads up if your going past to give it a big fat miss.

H/M.

Mushroom would seem to be an apropriate name then.

Kept in gloomy surroundings and fed with shit.

Jerry

Now here is some big news for Nakhon Sawan lovers, KFC will soon not be alone! In the june to september time there will be a DRIVE THROUGH McDONALDS at V Square, that the BIG C on the north side of the bridge, that expands lunchtime a bit in several ways eh!

I am also imformed that there is or will be a drive through McDonalds at a PTT station just south of the by pass to accomodate northern folks who are to unsure of driving through the Heavenly City, so keep em peeled and see if you spot this one.

McDonalds in V Square too? They are building one where old Esso was, near busstation.

Now here is some big news for Nakhon Sawan lovers, KFC will soon not be alone! In the june to september time there will be a DRIVE THROUGH McDONALDS at V Square, that the BIG C on the north side of the bridge, that expands lunchtime a bit in several ways eh!

I am also imformed that there is or will be a drive through McDonalds at a PTT station just south of the by pass to accomodate northern folks who are to unsure of driving through the Heavenly City, so keep em peeled and see if you spot this one.

McDonalds in V Square too? They are building one where old Esso was, near busstation.

I got an email from McDonalds that said V Square that said opening Q3/2013. Esso old site is a bit further down the road so we will have to see if we get 2 or 1 and where it is. There is little sign of action at V square at the moment but there is at the old Esso station heading north towards Tak, keep em peeled and look KFC this going to impact you big time you have had the run and offered up what?

Does Kippers have a MacDonalds or is it just a farm?

I got an email from McDonalds that said V Square that said opening Q3/2013. Esso old site is a bit further down the road so we will have to see if we get 2 or 1 and where it is. There is little sign of action at V square at the moment but there is at the old Esso station heading north towards Tak, keep em peeled and look KFC this going to impact you big time you have had the run and offered up what?

Does Kippers have a MacDonalds or is it just a farm?

For your information K.P.P dose not have a Big Mc. There is a KFC in Tesco & Big C but Tesco KFC is nearly always empty a few punters go into the Big C one at weekend's.

Who in their right mind's would buy that overpriced scrag end stuff anyway, you can get a hole Barbe chicken for about 85bt what do you get for 85bt in KFC a couple of wing tips and a paper cup cup filled with ice and a drip of coke.

But we as you know do have many excellent Restaurant's unlike N/S, there is also some that are at best rubbish like the Mushroom H/M made comments on same a few posts back.

Right where is the update on the Walk Dave

H/M.

Edited by fredob43