Nakhon Sawan News

nong38

7 minutes ago, fredob43 said:

Don't hold your breath on that. I have to agree with Bill they are at best rubbish.

I had to go in the other week for my retirement Visa. 'Was with the wife' she asked for a TM7 form as I didn't have one.

The Boss??? who Bill referred to, said I would have to get one from the British embassy What. Then it started like Bill no bugger knew what they were on about.

I as luck would have it had the monies in the bank had a letter from them to confirm. Even so it took over 1.1/2 hours to get it sorted.

As we left the wife said I think they are all stupid. Or it might have been Sutupid.

Even so still better than having to go to N/S.

Wait till you want a 90 day report Bill N/S 1 Min: K.P.P 45 if your lucky.

NS 90 report:  5 baht stamp on self addressed envelope and 37 baht EMS at the post office 12 kilometers away.

2 minutes ago, wayned said:

NS 90 report:  5 baht stamp on self addressed envelope and 37 baht EMS at the post office 12 kilometers away.

I used to do likewise when we had to use N/S. Wouldn't want to do that in K.P.P I don 't think they would even know how to post it. Their that bad.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, fredob43 said:

Don't hold your breath on that. I have to agree with Bill they are at best rubbish.

I had to go in the other week for my retirement Visa. 'Was with the wife' she asked for a TM7 form as I didn't have one.

The Boss??? who Bill referred to, said I would have to get one from the British embassy WHAT. 

Then it started like Bill no bugger knew what they were on about.

I as luck would have it had the monies in the bank had a letter from them to confirm. Even so it took over 1.1/2 hours to get it sorted.

As we left the wife said I think they are all stupid. Or it might have been Sutupid.

Even so still better than having to go to N/S.

Wait till you want a 90 day report Bill N/S 1 Min: K.P.P 45 if your lucky.

I talked to my wife last night and they want her (and me I suppose) to go up there on Monday with a copy of her ID card and a copy of her blue house book (that I am not mention in) to prove where she lives.

I did 6 retirement renewals at Nakhon Sawan and never came across this down there at all.

11 minutes ago, billd766 said:

I talked to my wife last night and they want her (and me I suppose) to go up there on Monday with a copy of her ID card and a copy of her blue house book (that I am not mention in) to prove where she lives.

I did 6 retirement renewals at Nakhon Sawan and never came across this down there at all.

They more than likely want your wife to state you are living there via filling out a new form. They wanted that when I came back to K.P.P from the UK a few months ago. As they should on that occasion.

She must have done that yonks ago but they will want to check.

They wanted my Wife ID this time took a copy. I also had my Yellow book so no need to have anything from the wife. What would you do if you have all the correct things and No Thai wife you'll be buggered. Like you I never had to do it in N/S.

There told you they were a pain in the Butt. Ask them for the fuel costs.

I have a new Passport arriving in a couple of weeks can you imagine how that will go when I have to change my Visa into the new one.

Best of luck on Monday. If it's any help you can pop in for one of the wife Coffee's. Not to sure what's the worst thing The Visa office or the wife's Coffee. Whatever the offer is there. 

28 minutes ago, billd766 said:

I've used NS for retirement extensions since they opened.  For proof of address I always took my wife, a copy of her ID card and house book and our marriage certificate.  I didn't have a yellow book since the incompetents that are now working at KPP immigration must have been working at the Amphur office in Takfa.  The lady at NS immigration also made us both sign the form that she had transferred from the TM 7 form.

When my wife died I went to the office and asked the lady what I needed to bring for my next extension.  Her first choice was Yellow Book but understood when I explained why I didn't have one.  The second choice was a copy of the front and back of my Thai Driver's license which I have been using ever since.

If I have to remarry to get another extension I think that I would go on extended overstay!!!!  Not that it wasn't good, but three is enough!

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, wayned said:

I've used NS for retirement extensions since they opened.  For proof of address I always took my wife, a copy of her ID card and house book and our marriage certificate.  I didn't have a yellow book since the incompetents that are now working at KPP immigration must have been working at the Amphur office in Takfa.  The lady at NS immigration also made us both sign the form that she had transferred from the TM 7 form.

When my wife died I went to the office and asked the lady what I needed to bring for my next extension.  Her first choice was Yellow Book but understood when I explained why I didn't have one.  The second choice was a copy of the front and back of my Thai Driver's license which I have been using ever since.

If I have to remarry to get another extension I think that I would go on extended overstay!!!!  Not that it wasn't good, but three is enough!

Two marriages is enough for me.

I tried to make them understand that it is a retirement extension and I don't need a wife for that but that fell on blind ears.

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎8‎/‎19‎/‎2017 at 1:32 PM, billd766 said:

Two marriages is enough for me.

I tried to make them understand that it is a retirement extension and I don't need a wife for that but that fell on blind ears.

Yet another update on K.P.Phet visa office.

Picked up my new passport on Friday. Went this morning to change visa from old one to new.

On arriving was asked what I wanted. Then they wanted to see all the documents I had regarding same. After about 15 minutes of looking was informed that the only person that can do it is in Chang Mai and wont be back till the end of the week. So they will not be dealing with any visa till then.

Why they couldn't tell me first off Buddha only knows.

Not to much of a problem for me as its only round the corner to where I live.

Just feel sorry for the peeps that have to travel a long way.

Seems they are getting more efficient as the weeks progress.

H/M K.P.Phet

Fred to locals.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, fredob43 said:

Yet another update on K.P.Phet visa office.

Picked up my new passport on Friday. Went this morning to change visa from old one to new.

On arriving was asked what I wanted. Then they wanted to see all the documents I had regarding same. After about 15 minutes of looking was informed that the only person that can do it is in Chang Mai and wont be back till the end of the week. So they will not be dealing with any visa till then.

Why they couldn't tell me first off Buddha only knows.

Not to much of a problem for me as its only round the corner to where I live.

Just feel sorry for the peeps that have to travel a long way.

Seems they are getting more efficient as the weeks progress.

H/M K.P.Phet

Fred to locals.

I hope you have a letter from the british embassy explaining about the change of passport.

4 hours ago, billd766 said:

I hope you have a letter from the british embassy explaining about the change of passport.

Got everything Bill, made no difference. No bugger there to sort it.

No one said life would be easy now did they. If only N/S Visa office was still open. Well it is but we cant use it.

H/M K.P.PHET

Fred to locals

2 hours ago, fredob43 said:

Got everything Bill, made no difference. No bugger there to sort it.

No one said life would be easy now did they. If only N/S Visa office was still open. Well it is but we cant use it.

H/M K.P.PHET

Fred to locals

As it is a different province I wonder if we could go there and claim political aylum and harassment from the local Immi office.

• Like 1

On ‎8‎/‎28‎/‎2017 at 9:57 PM, billd766 said:

As it is a different province I wonder if we could go there and claim political aylum and harassment from the local Immi office.

Update on Visa office K.P.K.PHET today the 30th Aug:

Right gave them another try today. On going in met up with a Swiss chum.

He was there to do his one year renewal retirement visa.

He had gone on Friday but as usual they couldn't do. Went again on Monday told to come back today. By this time he had an over stay. Even though it wasn't his fault they made him pay the overstay. Good game what.

Right what happened to H/M well on arrival 9.40am had all the documents required as per list they gave me Monday.

Seems not good enough wanted copies of all pages in old passport. This was done by to shop next door 40bt.

It got to 11.45am and was told to come back at 1pm. (Lunch) As we marched out they wanted to take snaps of us all doing a thumbs up on how pleased we were with the service. I refused.

Arrived back early and was first in line. It then took the officer another 1.5 hours to do visa change. 10 min: job That's because he hadn't done one before. "Very nice chap anyway"

While he was looking at all the copies he said he didn't want any that I had done at shop next door for 40bt. Eventually finished 2.40pm.

N/B seems that the shop is run by the wife/lady friend of passport checker that wanted all the extra copies. Good game these con artists that work there.

If I had the Email address of Visa head office would send them an email on how bad things are there.  Would be obliged if anyone has same.

Give the place a wide berth if you can go elsewhere.

H/M K.P.PHET

Fred to locals.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, fredob43 said:

He had gone on Friday but as usual they couldn't do. Went again on Monday told to come back today. By this time he had an over stay. Even though it wasn't his fault they made him pay the overstay. Good game what.

Right what happened to H/M well on arrival 9.40am had all the documents required as per list they gave me Monday.

Seems not good enough wanted copies of all pages in old passport. This was done by to shop next door 40bt.

It got to 11.45am and was told to come back at 1pm. (Lunch) As we marched out they wanted to take snaps of us all doing a thumbs up on how pleased we were with the service. I refused.

Arrived back early and was first in line. It then took the officer another 1.5 hours to do visa change. 10 min: job That's because he hadn't done one before. "Very nice chap anyway"

While he was looking at all the copies he said he didn't want any that I had done at shop next door for 40bt. Eventually finished 2.40pm.

N/B seems that the shop is run by the wife/lady friend of passport checker that wanted all the extra copies. Good game these con artists that work there.

If I had the Email address of Visa head office would send them an email on how bad things are there.  Would be obliged if anyone has same.

H/M K.P.PHET

Fred to locals.

I can understand your frustration Fred.

My thoughts are that it is all down to the boss there.

If he doesn't know or doesn't care what happens in HIS office, done by HIS staff, then he should be fired.

This is the best I can do so far.

We have listed the contact details for Thai Immigration offices in Thailand. If you need more information that we cannot answer online then speak to Thai immigration about applying for a tourist visa if you are a tourist or how to extend your tourist visa in Thailand. you can also ask about retirement in Thailand the requirements for the retirement visa. Also if you are a businessman then you can ask about the work permit and also the business visa application. The other visa which is common amongst expats in Thailand is the marriage visa once you have married a Thai national for have a Thai child in Thailand.

If you need more information then use the chat messenger on the right side of this website or see our main website for more details. You can also walk into any of our offices in Thailand to speak to an immigration expert on your visa options in Thailand.

Bangkok Head office Phone  0-2287-3101-10  Fax 0-2287-1310, 0-2287-1516

Perhaps UbonJoe has better information.

Cheers

Bill

• Like 1

On 30/8/2560 at 3:30 PM, fredob43 said:

H/M K.P.PHET

Fred to locals.

Unbelievable.

Dirty twopence ha'penny scamming gits. Could be worse we could be as  brain dead bent as them/him.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, rott said:

Unbelievable.

Dirty twopence ha'penny scamming gits. Could be worse we could be as  brain dead bent as them/him.

I do all my printing at home on my pc/printer in colour which must have p1ssed them off when I went. I gave them one copy and had 2 spares in case they wanted another copy.

It is a shame really as when they were at the other place on the route 1 southbound they were a lot friendlier.

• 3 weeks later...

Have visited KPP Immigration 5 times this year.   Experience so far is-

First time, for an enquiry.  Excellent, welcomed by an attractive young woman who offered some bottled water and pointed out the WiFi password.   No other customers, perhaps because they had recently moved to the location near the bus station and they couldn't find the place.   Answer to the enquiry was  a bit confusing but at least everyone was nice enough.    8/10

Second time, simply to lodge alien residence form.   Shocking.  Waiting room chocka, numbers that somehow related to the queuing system scattered over a table and harassed looking staff.   Asking what was the queuing system brought a snappy, unhelpful response.  Waited 20 minutes with no visible signs of any progress so walked out.    Returned in afternoon, less people and managed to submit the form in 60 minutes or so.  1/10

Third time, simply to lodge an alien residence form.  So so.  Picked the afternoon and there were less people.  Managed to complete the transaction with a bit of discussion in 45 minutes.  4/10.

Fourth time for an enquiry regarding extending/renewing my OA visa( 2 weeks ago).  Excellent.  A few customers around.  Welcomed by an English speaking person, invited to sit down and then discussed the best option.   He apparently used to work at Suvarnabhumi so knew the ropes.  Saved me time and baht by suggesting a multiple re-entry permit.  About 15 minutes.  10/10.

Fifth time to apply for multiple re-entry permit( 2 days ago).   Excellent.  No customers at all.  Submitted form  to different English speaking person and got the permit within 15 minutes.  Another person then took over and explained future options and costing.  10/10.

In summary they seem to have added some more experienced staff and the service does seem a lot better lately.     Hopefully it continues.     They really do need a larger waiting room though.

• 3 weeks later...

Did my yearly retirement extension yesterday at NS Immigration.  Went in the office at 1330 and was out by 1345.  I used the Income Affidavit method which I received from the US Embassy yesterday morning.  She confirmed that she uses the daily published conversion table from Bangkok Bank and uses the $50-$100 buying rate not the TT rate.  Yesterday it was 32.90 while the TT rate was 33.25.  She did say that some people were in trouble this year due to the strong baht.  That was the easy part of the day.

My day actually started when I left home at 0330 on the way to Bangkok.  I arrived at the parking lot above Foodland on Soi 5 at about 0600.  The road down was good except for a small diversion just before Anthong where they were rebuilding a bridge.  I had breakfast at the Foodland coffee shop with the left over hookers and ladyboys from the night before and did some restocking shopping, 6000 baht worth.  I then drove to and parked at All Seasons and did a little shopping at the Tops Market.  I hobbled to the the Embassy at about 0800. My appointment was not until 0915 but they let me in early.  It was very crowded but I did get the Affidavit at about 0930.  The interesting thing was that they had "fake news", CNN, showing on the telly in the reception room.  If Trump knew that he would probably fire the Ambassador.  I went back to All Season, got a sandwich from Subway to get the parking ticket stamped, and was off to NS.  I arrived NS at 1230 and, since Immigration was closed for lunch, I went to Makro and spent another 5000 baht (frozen  lamb, smoked salmon, duck breasts, cheese and bread flour)  I then went to immigration got the extension and drove home arriving about 1500.  Put the food away, got something to eat washed down by a cold beer, took a shower, sat down on the bed and woke up at 2100!

It was a long day but it's over for another year and my 20 year old "hay-wagon" with over 500,000 kilometers on th odometer made another successful trip!.  The north bound road was good except for the diversion at Anthong and a few other places where they were redoing the U turn breaks.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey Fred,

I think you need a holiday, but you had better look for a different hotel from the Boss Suites, maybe try Nong,s place as today I have read and seen pictures of Boss suites and all the shops etc attached derelict and starting to be demolished.

I understand that the condo company with the two high rise units behind has bought the site.

2 hours ago, davyboy said:

Hey Fred,

I think you need a holiday, but you had better look for a different hotel from the Boss Suites, maybe try Nong,s place as today I have read and seen pictures of Boss suites and all the shops etc attached derelict and starting to be demolished.

I understand that the condo company with the two high rise units behind has bought the site.

Thanks for the update. Was in Patts a few weeks ago and noticed it myself. Now just a shell.

I haven't stayed there for some time. The management were very rude last time I stayed. That was to the guests and the staff.

Have now found better.

Nong now uses the place I used to stay at I think, up by the Dolphin R/About.

That's still OK??? but they lost my custom due to them cancelling my reservation at the last minute without letting me know. Bounders.

I don't need a holiday as the week I had in Patts (Friends Birthday) a month or so ago was Two weeks to long. Even though I had paid for the full 7 nights left a couple of days early.

Now ensconced deep in K.P.Phet.

That's the town without pot holes like they have in N/Smog.

Anyone traveling there shouldn't miss out on the N/S Bypass. Trust me it's a real joy.

H/M K.P.Phet.

Fred to the locals.

• Like 1

Did my annual visa this week, 3 extra forms to fill in about the rules of the Visa and punishment for anything violated ( nothing new just to say you read them and KNOW!).

Also had to provide photo copies for every page of supporting bank book as well at the letter from the bank, extra photo required, all pages of passport photo copies required, not the easy run of previous years, all of this when I asked for the TM7, so anyone heading for the N/S immigration be forewarned, take your extra copies. Note to save the planet, extra space required for files of paperwork.

I dont know if there is a new chief or whether they clamping down on "Visa Agents", you know the ones who for a fee will "fix the bank account figures but things are not what they were.

1 hour ago, fredob43 said:

Thanks for the update. Was in Patts a few weeks ago and noticed it myself. Now just a shell.

I haven't stayed there for some time. The management were very rude last time I stayed. That was to the guests and the staff.

Have now found better.

Nong now uses the place I used to stay at I think, up by the Dolphin R/About.

That's still OK??? but they lost my custom due to them cancelling my reservation at the last minute without letting me know. Bounders.

I don't need a holiday as the week I had in Patts (Friends Birthday) a month or so ago was Two weeks to long. Even though I had paid for the full 7 nights left a couple of days early.

Now ensconced deep in K.P.Phet.

That's the town without pot holes like they have in N/Smog.

Anyone traveling there shouldn't miss out on the N/S Bypass. Trust me it's a real joy.

H/M K.P.Phet.

Fred to the locals.

The Palm Garden is still ok, pretty much the same staff, pool has been re tiled and some rooms re furbished and a good car park. Its never full these days be dont bother to book just turn up, I reckon about 1/3rd full most of the time. The Dolphin Roundabout will soon be no more as its going to be replaced by traffic lights in the near future.

As an alternative you could try the Pease Resort next to the Best Supermarket in Pattaya Nua, car parking about the same price as PG but smaller pool.

There are just to many hotels in Patters for the number of people arriving, best build some more eh!

The Terminal 21 complex opposite the PG was at 32 floors for the hotel last time I was down that way a month ago, when its up and running the traffic will be hell or some people will have a lot of debt, what can be so special for you to come that far out of town to shop? It will be there of course it wont just disappear.

3 hours ago, nong38 said:

Did my annual visa this week, 3 extra forms to fill in about the rules of the Visa and punishment for anything violated ( nothing new just to say you read them and KNOW!).

Also had to provide photo copies for every page of supporting bank book as well at the letter from the bank, extra photo required, all pages of passport photo copies required, not the easy run of previous years, all of this when I asked for the TM7, so anyone heading for the N/S immigration be forewarned, take your extra copies. Note to save the planet, extra space required for files of paperwork.

I dont know if there is a new chief or whether they clamping down on "Visa Agents", you know the ones who for a fee will "fix the bank account figures but things are not what they were.

Did mine on the 10th of October.  The two forms stating that I was made aware of the overstay and change of status policies were required, but nothing other than the normal TM7, copy of passport, Income Affidavit, copy of my Drivers license and a couple of bags of Kit Kats was required.  Maybe the Kit Kats did the trick!

10 hours ago, nong38 said:

The Palm Garden is still ok, pretty much the same staff, pool has been re tiled and some rooms re furbished and a good car park. Its never full these days be dont bother to book just turn up, I reckon about 1/3rd full most of the time. The Dolphin Roundabout will soon be no more as its going to be replaced by traffic lights in the near future.

As an alternative you could try the Pease Resort next to the Best Supermarket in Pattaya Nua, car parking about the same price as PG but smaller pool.

There are just to many hotels in Patters for the number of people arriving, best build some more eh!

The Terminal 21 complex opposite the PG was at 32 floors for the hotel last time I was down that way a month ago, when its up and running the traffic will be hell or some people will have a lot of debt, what can be so special for you to come that far out of town to shop? It will be there of course it wont just disappear.

Morning David.

Thanks for the update on Palm Gardens being much the same. Also the Dolphin R/About. That was hell when I passed it a few weeks ago. How T/Lights are going to help Buddha only knows, as you say just another bugger up.

P/Gardens always used to be OK it was just that they let myself and some of the lads down a couple of years ago when we pre-booked several rooms for our annual fishing trip. "Once bitten"

H/M now uses Sutus court 1 that's in Soi Bukhow (spelling)

Two of the best things about that hotel is that they don't include breakfast in the price, as none of us eat same a big saving.

The other is it's central so can walk everywhere.

Not that H/M walks but can do if required. Also like their nice large clean bar cheap as chips 65bt for a large Leo. And it's local to the Fri and Tue market for the G/L. (Maybe a tad more than two things then)

You seem to be getting all the rubbish that we have in K.P.P Visa wise took me nearly an hour to do a 90 day report a few weeks ago. Used to take about 2 minutes in N/S.

Looks like there are new rules, and they are applying them to the letter.

Wayne's idea of a few Kit Kats now there's a thought.

H/M K.P.Phet.

Fred to the locals.

6 minutes ago, fredob43 said:

Morning David.

Thanks for the update on Palm Gardens being much the same. Also the Dolphin R/About. That was hell when I passed it a few weeks ago. How T/Lights are going to help Buddha only knows, as you say just another bugger up.

P/Gardens always used to be OK it was just that they let myself and some of the lads down a couple of years ago when we pre-booked several rooms for our annual fishing trip. "Once bitten"

H/M now uses Sutus court 1 that's in Soi Bukhow (spelling)

Two of the best things about that hotel is that they don't include breakfast in the price, as none of us eat same a big saving.

The other is it's central so can walk everywhere.

Not that H/M walks but can do if required. Also like their nice large clean bar cheap as chips 65bt for a large Leo. And it's local to the Fri and Tue market for the G/L. (Maybe a tad more than two things then)

You seem to be getting all the rubbish that we have in K.P.P Visa wise took me nearly an hour to do a 90 day report a few weeks ago. Used to take about 2 minutes in N/S.

Looks like there are new rules, and they are applying them to the letter.

Wayne's idea of a few Kit Kats now there's a thought.

H/M K.P.Phet.

Fred to the locals.

PG is preetty easy to get in and out of, Soi Buckhow is not so easy and do they have parking and it is rather noisy for us sedate establishment types old chap.

14 minutes ago, nong38 said:

PG is preetty easy to get in and out of, Soi Buckhow is not so easy and do they have parking and it is rather noisy for us sedate establishment types old chap.

Sutus court 1 also has good parking some under cover. Helps keep the Pattaya dust and crap off the Limo. Cant be any more noisy or smoky than the Dolphin R/B. Going up nearer 2nd road must admit a trite loud but H/M keeps well away from that end.

Once passed Soi Len key all seems to be normal. Well as normal as Pattaya can be.

Then again H/M isn't as sedate as some I could mention. That could be the deciding thing.

G/L sends her regards to both of you.

H/M K.P.P

Fred to locals.

Edited by fredob43

I heard a report that MIKES department store has closed in Pattaya and is soon to be demolished, report came in about a week ago, more hotels perhaps just what Patters need for all the expected shed loads of new tourists heading for the beach smoking contest!

On Thursday, November 02, 2017 at 11:09 AM, fredob43 said:

Sutus court 1 also has good parking some under cover. Helps keep the Pattaya dust and crap off the Limo. Cant be any more noisy or smoky than the Dolphin R/B. Going up nearer 2nd road must admit a trite loud but H/M keeps well away from that end.

Once passed Soi Len key all seems to be normal. Well as normal as Pattaya can be.

Then again H/M isn't as sedate as some I could mention. That could be the deciding thing.

G/L sends her regards to both of you.

H/M K.P.P

Fred to locals.

Well another illusion shattered, H/M K.P.P. not only stays in Soi Bukhao and drinks there but is brazen about it. I suppose he finds itconvenient for Pooks.

Must go and find another role model.

Edited by rott
to type something

19 hours ago, rott said:

Well another illusion shattered, H/M K.P.P. not only stays in Soi Bukhao and drinks there but is brazen about it. I suppose he finds itconvenient for Pooks.

Must go and find another role model.

I stay in Cheap but nice clean hotels as the G/L won't let me spend monies on upmarket things. She doesn't do 5* or even 2* for that matter.

Little story. The other year I suggested we go for new year 'Farrang one' and stay at one of the top 5* hotels in BKK for a few days, also have dinner on their roof restaurant. Yes not cheap but one must make the effort at times.

Reply.

Why I want go? nex day I shall go to the toilet (Her words Put Put) just the same. Suppose she's correct, but it is nice to splash out at times.

At least it give's me the extra cash saved to spend Dinning out. Last time we did dine out well, for at least 3 nights the 4th she went to a stall and her and the monster got some usual rubbish and ate in the room off paper plates plastic spoon/forks obtained from 7/11. Also did that on the 5th night.

Leaving H/M to dine out on his own. Hence we left and come back early.

Hope you all had a good time floating off your boat type thing's on Friday night.  

H/M.K.P.Phet

Fred to the locals.

Edited by fredob43
  • Like 1