Nakhon Sawan News

nong38

3 hours ago, rott said:

Spoke to someone who works in Chiang Mai and with few exceptions it has been like that for a while. What puzzles him is that when they re-open at 5 there is no rush to get in, they do not get busy till 9 and then close again at 12. Would not be a problem to me, I like to start at 5 and be home by 9. 

We went to C/M last year for the lads annual fishing trip. You are correct no bugger in any bars early. I put it down to their horrendous prices and the lack of any decent talent. Most of the latter were left overs from Pattaya and the like. One good thing was if you were in a bar when it closed they locked you in shutters down and you were ok for the rest of the night.

I must add I wasn't in any bar late. Once I had eaten I just wandered about then went back to the hotel for a nightcap. Leaving the lads to do their thing. In my case it was seen it found it done it all before, + with what was available not interested.

Edited by fredob43
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
16 minutes ago, rott said:

Ha ha, most definitely pm.

Totally opposite from me.  Ive lived here over 21 years and I don't remember when I got up later tan 5 AM.  Sitting on a tractor or Combine at night is a lot mire pleasant than in the sun at 1500 and once you get in the groove it's hard to change.  Also buying farm equipment and parts from private firms  the US only happens in the middle of the night due to the time difference, it's hard to buy a John Deere Combine on Amazon and I have bought three that had to be disassembled, containerized and shipped here.! Nedless to say it's always early to bed.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, wayned said:

Totally opposite from me.  Ive lived here over 21 years and I don't remember when I got up later tan 5 AM.  Sitting on a tractor or Combine at night is a lot mire pleasant than in the sun at 1500 and once you get in the groove it's hard to change.  Also buying farm equipment and parts from private firms  the US only happens in the middle of the night due to the time difference, it's hard to buy a John Deere Combine on Amazon and I have bought three that had to be disassembled, containerized and shipped here.! Nedless to say it's always early to bed.

How do You obtain a Work Permit to be a Farmer.?.

• 4 weeks later...

Drove up from Bangers to KPP on Monday.  Pleased to report that the roadworks have ceased for the moment, the real bumpy stretches have disappeared and the Nakkers bypass northbound was more or less 2 lanes.   Sheer luxury-enjoy it while you can.

The Villa Market near Nana has moved down the Soi and around the corner but is selling Aussie meat pies and pasties at 120 B.   Not cheap but they are good.

• Like 1

On ‎3‎/‎13‎/‎2019 at 8:48 PM, Chilon said:

Drove up from Bangers to KPP on Monday.  Pleased to report that the roadworks have ceased for the moment, the real bumpy stretches have disappeared and the Nakkers bypass northbound was more or less 2 lanes.   Sheer luxury-enjoy it while you can.

The Villa Market near Nana has moved down the Soi and around the corner but is selling Aussie meat pies and pasties at 120 B.   Not cheap but they are good.

I think you'll find the local K P Phet lads get the same OZ pies here for under 80bt a pop. Villa market although they have a lot of goodies you are required to pay big monies for them.

H/M K.P.Phet. 

Edited by fredob43
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...

Bit quiet on here again.

The main news from downtown Nakhon Sawan (pak nam pho to some) is that a few small eating and drinking places have closed and a few more have opened. ???? The larger, established venues seem to carry on as ever.

Er that is it for now.

• Like 2

On ‎5‎/‎28‎/‎2019 at 12:31 PM, rott said:

Bit quiet on here again.

The main news from downtown Nakhon Sawan (pak nam pho to some) is that a few small eating and drinking places have closed and a few more have opened. ???? The larger, established venues seem to carry on as ever.

Er that is it for now.

H/M went through N/S bypass a week or so ago on the way to BKK. The roads that were once the pits have been repaired, still not great in places but a great improvement. How long it will last is any ones guess, but so far so good. Will be coming back around the 12th. Hoping on hopes and praying to Buddha that they will still be the same.

In the UK at present sorting out some bits. I don't like to say this but I would sooner be in N/S than here. The last bit is my joke for the day. I do like to put at least one in my posts.

They say that the weather here today is going to be in the mid 20c not sure when that will arrive. Have just been outside and it's freezing. Feeling more like -20c.

No one said life would be easy, as you N/S mob know.

H/M K.P.Phet.

Edited by fredob43
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, fredob43 said:

H/M went through N/S bypass a week or so ago on the way to BKK. The roads that were once the pits have been repaired, still not great in places but a great improvement. How long it will last is any ones guess, but so far so good. Will be coming back around the 12th. Hoping on hopes and praying to Buddha that they will still be the same.

In the UK at present sorting out some bits. I don't like to say this but I would sooner be in N/S than here. The last bit is my joke for the day. I do like to put at least one in my posts.

They say that the weather here today is going to be in the mid 20c not sure when that will arrive. Have just been outside and it's freezing. Feeling more like -20c.

No one said life would be easy, as you N/S mob know.

H/M K.P.Phet.

Back to the UK to rally against Trump and get a look, up vclose and personal, of the blimp!.. I hear that the owner has painted a large brown spot on the back of his "nappy"

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, wayned said:

Back to the UK to rally against Trump and get a look, up vclose and personal, of the blimp!.. I hear that the owner has painted a large brown spot on the back of his "nappy"

I wont be in central London, thank Buddha will reside on the outskirts as normal.

The last thing I would want is to get involved with what's going on with Trump and his likes.

Bad enough being in the UK without making it worse. Mind you today it's going to be in the mid 20c they say??? but the rest of the week it'll be going down hill around 18/9c with rain. Oh the joys. Looking on the bright side at least only another week till I return. Albeit via N/S.

H/M K.P.Phet.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, fredob43 said:

I wont be in central London, thank Buddha will reside on the outskirts as normal.

The last thing I would want is to get involved with what's going on with Trump and his likes.

Bad enough being in the UK without making it worse. Mind you today it's going to be in the mid 20c they say??? but the rest of the week it'll be going down hill around 18/9c with rain. Oh the joys. Looking on the bright side at least only another week till I return. Albeit via N/S.

H/M K.P.Phet.

Mid 20s, 18/19 Luxury.

We can only dream of temps like that.

11 hours ago, rott said:

Mid 20s, 18/19 Luxury.

We can only dream of temps like that.

You wouldn't think it's luxury if you were here. Those temps: are max it gets a lot colder at night. Went to a pub early evening last night, sat outside, my two UK friends and H/M all had ski jackets on. At least the beer (Bitter) was nice.

Followed by that UK delicacy fish and chips. 3 small cod and 2 portions of chips 22 pounds 70p to take away. Ate that at my place. Albeit delish a trite pricy. 

Better value though than the 2.90p I paid for a small latte coffee the other day.

If anyone is thinking of coming to the UK start saving now.

H/M K.P.Phet.

Edited by fredob43
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

H/M is glad to say now back in the land of K.P.Phet.

Must say the roads around N/S are a lot better on the way up. Only taken them 15+ years. But they have now installed speed cameras on the 1/32 going north not sure about south bound, you have been warned.

Did my house report yesterday and renewed my 1 year visa today. All went well. You now have to fill in much more paperwork for visa took around an hour to do. Whatever now done and OK for the next 13 months.

My trip to the UK was the pits, cold, rained almost everyday. Even had to turn the C/Heating on one morning, it's June for Buddha sake, so called Summer. Found a coffee shop Costas that sold a large latte for 3.95p. My Buddha it's getting expensive there. With a bit of luck I wont have to visit for some time. Try never if all goes well.

H/M K.P.Phet.  

• Like 1

I renewed my Ret extention at N Sawan imm a few weeks ago and was told I can take all the funds out until next year as they hadn’t had the go ahead from the chiefs to enforce the new fund requirements.

So I did withdraw the funds to put in another account.

Have N Sawan immigration implemented the changes yet?

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, twizzian said:

I renewed my Ret extention at N Sawan imm a few weeks ago and was told I can take all the funds out until next year as they hadn’t had the go ahead from the chiefs to enforce the new fund requirements.

So I did withdraw the funds to put in another account.

Have N Sawan immigration implemented the changes yet?

That's OK now but what will happen if and when the new requirements are enforced. Will the lack of 5 months monies in bank give you a problem next year???

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, fredob43 said:

That's OK now but what will happen if and when the new requirements are enforced. Will the lack of 5 months monies in bank give you a problem next year???

I could be ok because I renewed before the changes were implemented.

so if for example” a new foreigner was to make his first extension and and no immigration changes were enforced at that time, they can’t tell him or her to keep the funds in that account for those extra three months.

I will ask the question again at imm when I next do the 90 day

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, twizzian said:

so if for example” a new foreigner was to make his first extension and and no immigration changes were enforced at that time, they can’t tell him or her to keep the funds in that account for those extra three months.

Might be a good idea just to check. I did my 1 year renewal yesterday in K.P.Phet and they didn't mention anything about being able to take monies out.

Not that I have any intention of doing same as I put my 800th at nearly 70bt to the pound, several+ years ago in deposit accounts for 3 year periods, getting a slightly better interest rate. I now just think of it as lost/un-useable monies. I would hate to have to replace it at 39bt to the pound.

• Like 1

On 6/14/2019 at 3:44 PM, twizzian said:

So are you saying that you were told it was OK to take the money out because you did the extension before the date the new rules came into force?

On ‎6‎/‎21‎/‎2019 at 5:25 AM, rott said:

So are you saying that you were told it was OK to take the money out because you did the extension before the date the new rules came into force?

Seems to me that as the new rules haven't come into play yet. So the old one still apply. They require your monies to be in 3 months? before you new visa and you have to leave at least 400th in most of the year.

Maybe I'm wrong TIT who knows.

• Like 1

On 6/21/2019 at 5:25 AM, rott said:

I was told it was ok to take all the money out if I wanted as the new rules were not enforced at that immigration office at the time I renewed the extension

I have also now done the 90 day report, all ok no questions asked.

Then I had a quick word with the IO, no problem.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rott said:

Nakhon Sawan immigration definitely appear to be more flexible than was the case previously.

They always used to be very good and much better than KPP though to be fair there is only one lady IO who deals with extensions.

WE haven't had any rain since mid may and the night before last the local water supply went dry.  It's mainly because everybody planted corn in early May when there was rain and then as soon as it sprouted the rain stopped.  Recently a lot of the farmers have been trying to irrigate the crops which has lowered the water table. 

Thankfully, I have 12 ongs that I fill with rain water and use a submersible pump to pump water into the main house tank.  This hasn't happened in a couple of years and it took a while at 0200 yesterday morning to get the pump running and the hoses "un-kinked", but at least I have water for a while, but there's no hope for local waster until it rains and the water table rises.

Puyai and I did a rain dance in his front yard this morning but I kept tripping over my cane so it'll probably be a dust storm!.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, wayned said:

WE haven't had any rain since mid may and the night before last the local water supply went dry.  It's mainly because everybody planted corn in early May when there was rain and then as soon as it sprouted the rain stopped.  Recently a lot of the farmers have been trying to irrigate the crops which has lowered the water table. 

Thankfully, I have 12 ongs that I fill with rain water and use a submersible pump to pump water into the main house tank.  This hasn't happened in a couple of years and it took a while at 0200 yesterday morning to get the pump running and the hoses "un-kinked", but at least I have water for a while, but there's no hope for local waster until it rains and the water table rises.

Puyai and I did a rain dance in his front yard this morning but I kept tripping over my cane so it'll probably be a dust storm!.

Sorry to hear that you are not getting the usual down pore. We haven't had a great deal either. A snap of yesterdays light shower. Lasted around 20 min: the norm here.

As luck would have it we get our water from the water company they get it from the River ping so we always get a regular supply.

I can sell you some (at an inflated price of cause) but you will have to come and collect it. Try not to panic as I'm sure that it'll be there in the end.

H/M K.P.Phet.  

IMGP0014 (1).JPG

• Like 1

We finally got a bit of rain the last couple of days.  The day before yesterday it rained for 24 hours, a nice slow soaking rain.  It brought u7p the ground water level enough so that I am now getting water from the local well supply.  I hope that it lasts  for a while as it has also bought the temperature down .

• Like 1

Last year by this time, our 4 meter deep pond was overflowing. It's not a lined pond so it fluctuates with the water table. This year it completely dried up in December and stayed dry until early June. It has about a foot of water in it now. Thankfully our hand dug well has never stopped producing.

• Like 1