Nakhon Sawan News

nong38

2 hours ago, rott said:

I always thought you were the sensible one on here.

Now you're starting to sound like 'im upstairs. :)

Just returned from a brief visit to Pattaya (on the way there I swung by the British Club for an hour) more details when I have more energy.

You may have missed the tongue in cheek and "friendly" rivalry with that lot to the south of us.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 28/11/2017 at 9:53 PM, billd766 said:

You may have missed the tongue in cheek and "friendly" rivalry with that lot to the south of us.

Actually I thought it was my post that had the tongue in cheek humour, but then again it is probably in the eye of the beholder.

As for the lot to the south I have not consulted a map but as I am the only resident of NS I thought that was me. Must look at Google maps.

3 hours ago, rott said:

Actually I thought it was my post that had the tongue in cheek humour, but then again it is probably in the eye of the beholder.

As for the lot to the south I have not consulted a map but as I am the only resident of NS I thought that was me. Must look at Google maps.

Nong 38 (David) lives down there too.

17 hours ago, rott said:

What, actually in the town?

So there are many people not put off by rats and dogshit, who realise that to appreciate the finer things in life you have to have a bit of tolerance for the rest.:sad:

Yes he does live in town, in the suburbs about 2 or 3 km from Immigration out towards the bypass.

18 hours ago, rott said:

What, actually in the town?

So there are many people not put off by rats and dogshit, who realise that to appreciate the finer things in life you have to have a bit of tolerance for the rest.:sad:

Thank Buddha for the tolerance bit, that we in upper class land have.

H/M has just returned from that dreaded Pattaya place.

On arrival only to find that some of the N/S Mob had been there prior to oneself.

The Sutus Court 1 has now put it's price up for beer, and by a whole 5bt now it's 70bt for a large Leo.

On enquiring they told me that it was nothing to do with the cost going up, but that they had had visits from some of the lower class mobs, and they were trying to dissuade them from returning. 

They do have a new menu not expensive, with the ones we tried very good value although a bit lax in the chilly department. (They would make it Thai fashion heat wise if required)

Whatever glad to be home even though it was a bit of a nightmare getting through N/S pot holes, ruts, and general trashy bits. That they have to audacity to refer to as roads.

They still have the single lane bit's going north now not a long as before. Looks like that'll be several months before it's finished, as there doesn't seem to be any work going on.

The best bit still being the Bypass that as normal is the pits. Thank Buddha H/M has a 4x4 Tank, or I might still be trying to get here.  

Not looking forward to next Saturday as that's the day that the new K.P.Phet Robinsons open. I can see it now hordes of those outsider people, in their clapped out old farm vehicles creeping in. Note to self keep well clear. 

H/M K.P.Phet.

Fred to locals.   

So Robinsons is opening in KPP next Saturday.  Maybe I'll drive one of the beasts up there to see whats being offered. Just stay out of the way as it has been modified to "cultivate" northern heartens.  I think that I might wrap a towel around my head and tweet Donald Trump that the radical terrorists  are invading KPP and maybe he will contact the PM and have him invoke article 45, an upgrade of 44 just for Trump!

DSC00995.JPG

Yet another C/ck up from TV to-wit if you use the quote bit on a picture post it comes up 5 times it's size. It does let you put your reply in but it also blocks up the Submit reply bit. About time TV got a New IT person that knows what they are doing.

Right rant over.

Reply to Wayne's post goes as follows.

I don't think you'll get your Beast into our New R/Lobinsons as the car park although rather large, will be full of the out of town people the dreaded farm ones. I can see them now dressed in some of their fineries covered in soil. As they pile off the back of their clapped out pickups 29+ at a time.

Then letting their Kids rush about waving their Balloons and other free gifts, whilst shouting at the top of their voices. As the crash into us upper class people.

Now there a thought your Beast might come in useful scooping some of those kids up.

H/M K.P.Phet.

Fred to locals.

I see a headline to the effect of "Pattaya moans about rude Indians and Chinese" which got me wondering whether Fred took his Panto Aladdin and Twanky outfits with him. Possibly rehearsing for a long season.

Then again perhaps they were cunning disguises. A hit for the mob? The Agency? Or possibly just to fool the CCTV at the bottom of Soi Honey. It is doubtful that we will ever get the full story.

Worth keeping an eye on, that fellow.

8 hours ago, fredob43 said:

I can see them now dressed in some of their fineries covered in soil. As they pile off the back of their clapped out pickups 29+ at a time.

Then letting their Kids rush about waving their Balloons and other free gifts, whilst shouting at the top of their voices. As the crash into us upper class people.

I dress in those fineries everyday although not been covered with soil in a while. I suspect that they are now conducting classes on how to  "squeeze the vegetables and crush the potato chips in the bag" to properly open the grocery store if one is attached!

On ‎05‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 2:47 AM, wayned said:

I dress in those fineries everyday although not been covered with soil in a while. I suspect that they are now conducting classes on how to  "squeeze the vegetables and crush the potato chips in the bag" to properly open the grocery store if one is attached!

Seems they have a Topps supermarket (Grocery store) they are always a tad pricy. Only hoping that they have a bread shop that'll save the old Bread machine being put into action.

Regards the Panto bit from Rott H/M hasn't put the gay bit's on for a long time.

He's behind you and all that. 

I did hear that N/S has stopped the production of Rapunzel (That's the one where Rapunzel grows her hair to escape) Seems that the locals were using the idea to cover the pot holes to get out of N/S. Not that H/M blames them. 

Nearly forgot to mention the Soi Honey let it be known that us upper class never frequent that sort of place we leave it to the lower classes.

H/M K.P.Phet.

Fred to locals. 

On ‎06‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 10:59 AM, fredob43 said:

Seems they have a Topps supermarket (Grocery store) they are always a tad pricy. Only hoping that they have a bread shop that'll save the old Bread machine being put into action.

Regards the Panto bit from Rott H/M hasn't put the gay bit's on for a long time.

He's behind you and all that. 

I did hear that N/S has stopped the production of Rapunzel (That's the one where Rapunzel grows her hair to escape) Seems that the locals were using the idea to cover the pot holes to get out of N/S. Not that H/M blames them. 

Nearly forgot to mention the Soi Honey let it be known that us upper class never frequent that sort of place we leave it to the lower classes.

H/M K.P.Phet.

Fred to locals. 

I do know it's a day early but Happy Birthday Wayne.

Have been into the new R/Lobinsons K.P.Phet alas no bread counter. That just means the bread machine will still have to work overtime.

Other than that all looks very nice what I saw of it anyway. As H/M wont be going back in a hurry that's the last time I will report on same, at least for some time.

Did my 90 day report this afternoon in K.P.Phet normally several hours??? Found a clue today and asked why if they can do a 90 day report in N/Smog in 2 minutes why does it take forever here. As I finished the form filling, passport was whisked away and returned in about 4 min: must say a vast improvement on the normal, only hope they keep up the good work.

H/M K.P.Phet.

Fred to locals.

1 hour ago, rott said:

And he spelt it properly. That break at the seaside obviously did him the world of good and the 'ammers are racking up the points now. Happy chappy.

H/M is always happy. That's unless one has to go to Patts and the likes. Off to Chang Mai middle of next month for the annual fishing trip. At least I won't have to go through N/Smog this time. Thank you Buddha.

Little heads up.

Was in the post office today they now have a special section just for speeding fines. Several peeps lining up to pay same. Got talking to the lady that was doing them and she told me she had had 8 personally at 500bt a go in the last two months. Seems they have got hot on speeding and jumping the light's. So be careful of your speed. That last bit doesn't include N/Smog, as if you tried to go more than 20kph you would loose your suspension.

At least we are doing better in the Cricket, now tea time. England are 175 for four. Getting a good picture in H/D on BT sport 1. Just a bit of trivia.

H/M K.P.Phet.

Fred to locals.

• 1 month later...

In case there is anybody else still here I just thought I would mention that I had a few in the re-opened Malibu last week. Not sure of the new name as it is all in Thai.

Anyway very pleasant, been spruced up and improved. A good early evening spot, the lights shimmering on the lake, the illuminated dragon statue clearly visible through the electric wiring,  plenty of fit young tarts serving the ale, respectable clientele, excellent ambience. (BTW tart just indicates female - nothing else.)

Otherwise, eating and drinking places continue to open and close at an amazing rate.

Best wishes to all and hope everyone OK.

16 hours ago, rott said:

In case there is anybody else still here I just thought I would mention that I had a few in the re-opened Malibu last week. Not sure of the new name as it is all in Thai.

Anyway very pleasant, been spruced up and improved. A good early evening spot, the lights shimmering on the lake, the illuminated dragon statue clearly visible through the electric wiring,  plenty of fit young tarts serving the ale, respectable clientele, excellent ambience. (BTW tart just indicates female - nothing else.)

Otherwise, eating and drinking places continue to open and close at an amazing rate.

Best wishes to all and hope everyone OK.

Sorry to hear that you are almost the last outsider there. Most have more than likely realised that it's the last place they want to live and moved on.

At least you still have some places to eat and get a pint in. We have yet another one just opened up in K.P.Phet. Not to far from the New R/Lobinson supermarket. Had a look the other day but there didn't seem to be anyone about. How they expect to do any business Buddha only knows. Whatever they have spent bundles on it so hope it pays. Or we will be like you with yet another one closing down.

Things are still going well here, lots of the roads are being widened and re surfaced, thank Buddha without to much agro driving wise.

Glad to say that we have had to put the day visa price up so don't get to many ideas of coming soon or ever come to that.

I was in the local food market last night and we had bundles of non Thai interlopers walking round. Turns out they were on holiday and were staying at one of the big hotels here. Only hope they don't get any ideas of coming back full time. Just wouldn't be Cricket.

Talking of sport H/M has been watching the rugby 6 nations on ITV & BBC as well as the Olympics that's mainly on BBC 2. Scotland did well last night coming from behind to win at the eleventh hour. Only problem it doesn't come on the TV till the afternoon early evening. At least it makes a change. From the usual drivel that's on the box. Off now to watch Sky news they have a round up of the UK Papers.

H/M K.P.Phet.

Fred to locals. 

1 hour ago, fredob43 said:

Sorry to hear that you are almost the last outsider there. Most have more than likely realised that it's the last place they want to live and moved on.

At least you still have some places to eat and get a pint in. We have yet another one just opened up in K.P.Phet. Not to far from the New R/Lobinson supermarket. Had a look the other day but there didn't seem to be anyone about. How they expect to do any business Buddha only knows. Whatever they have spent bundles on it so hope it pays. Or we will be like you with yet another one closing down.

Things are still going well here, lots of the roads are being widened and re surfaced, thank Buddha without to much agro driving wise.

Glad to say that we have had to put the day visa price up so don't get to many ideas of coming soon or ever come to that.

I was in the local food market last night and we had bundles of non Thai interlopers walking round. Turns out they were on holiday and were staying at one of the big hotels here. Only hope they don't get any ideas of coming back full time. Just wouldn't be Cricket.

Talking of sport H/M has been watching the rugby 6 nations on ITV & BBC as well as the Olympics that's mainly on BBC 2. Scotland did well last night coming from behind to win at the eleventh hour. Only problem it doesn't come on the TV till the afternoon early evening. At least it makes a change. From the usual drivel that's on the box. Off now to watch Sky news they have a round up of the UK Papers.

H/M K.P.Phet.

Fred to locals. 

Not the last. Those of us that have stuck it out are probably anti-social enough that we're simply not noticed. If you see a youngish farang with a chiseled chin and a healthy bearing (14 stones), with a cute Thai wife 1/2 his size and an overly active munchkin...that's me. I'll be affable enough but don't expect much else.

1 hour ago, dave_boo said:

Not the last. Those of us that have stuck it out are probably anti-social enough that we're simply not noticed. If you see a youngish farang with a chiseled chin and a healthy bearing (14 stones), with a cute Thai wife 1/2 his size and an overly active munchkin...that's me. I'll be affable enough but don't expect much else.

Well there you go Rott there is at least 1 other peeps floating about in N/S.

Might be time to get out into more attractive bars if you want to meet up with him.

H/M has seen lots of non Thais on the rare occasion I have been there. Must admit that was some time ago. As we don't have to use your very good Visa place now. We have a Rubbish one of our own. Not joking on the rubbish bit.

H/M K.P.Phet.

Fred to locals.

Plenty still here Fred and plenty to have a drink with. (When I said anybody still here I meant on this thread not in Nakkers).  it is  just that people prefer going out at different times, also too many live a bit of a drive out of town so the reluctance to be drinking and driving kicks in, plus the absence of transport locally after dark does not help. Yes the misses can help out but that can have it's problems.

And would I be keen to have a drink with somebody who is prepared to say hello but warns against further communication.?? The long-termers here can be a bit wary of strangers coming into the company, too many past headaches and bad experiences, the nutters are not all confined to Pattaya. (I am not suggesting that DB falls into this category.)

The reactions of farangs seen about here vary from the instant rictus mask and refusal to make eye contact to those wanting to stop, chat and occasionally tell their life story. I have found the latter to be relaxed and happy in their own skins, can't speak for the former.

Regular farang haunts seem to be a bit changeable at the minute, could do with the Oasis down here.

5 hours ago, rott said:

Plenty still here Fred and plenty to have a drink with. (When I said anybody still here I meant on this thread not in Nakkers).  it is  just that people prefer going out at different times, also too many live a bit of a drive out of town so the reluctance to be drinking and driving kicks in, plus the absence of transport locally after dark does not help. Yes the misses can help out but that can have it's problems.

And would I be keen to have a drink with somebody who is prepared to say hello but warns against further communication.?? The long-termers here can be a bit wary of strangers coming into the company, too many past headaches and bad experiences, the nutters are not all confined to Pattaya. (I am not suggesting that DB falls into this category.)

The reactions of farangs seen about here vary from the instant rictus mask and refusal to make eye contact to those wanting to stop, chat and occasionally tell their life story. I have found the latter to be relaxed and happy in their own skins, can't speak for the former.

Regular farang haunts seem to be a bit changeable at the minute, could do with the Oasis down here.

Seems much the same everywhere. I have found no bugger speaks to you in Patts either. That's could be me though.

Here as luck would have it we have some great people. Well except one but he now seems to have got the massage and gone. 6 of us had a meet up yesterday lunchtime. (At Oasis) Good few hours were spent chatting and chewing the cud. 

Looks like most of us are traveling back to the UK in the coming months. Two including me to sort out properties +++ other's for a short spell working. All with be there for as short a time as necessary in my case 19 days. That's 25 days to long, but needs be.

Keep plodding on, I'll give you a wave as I pass N/S. Sorry cant have a pint as I have no intention of stopping.

H/M K.P.Phet.

Fred to locals.

6 hours ago, rott said:

Not a nutter(and no offense taken as I didn't think you implied as such) rather just antisocial. As I don't really drink and, ummh, don't have the life experiences (read age) of most people who choose to settle in Nakhon Nowhere there's little that I can relate to with most expats. Throw in that most my age/interested in the same things  as I am are simply here temporarily and it's just not worth the trouble. In-laws are much more gregarious though...

On 2/14/2018 at 6:59 PM, fredob43 said:

Seems much the same everywhere. I have found no bugger speaks to you in Patts either. That's could be me though.

Here as luck would have it we have some great people. Well except one but he now seems to have got the massage and gone. 6 of us had a meet up yesterday lunchtime. (At Oasis) Good few hours were spent chatting and chewing the cud. 

Looks like most of us are traveling back to the UK in the coming months. Two including me to sort out properties +++ other's for a short spell working. All with be there for as short a time as necessary in my case 19 days. That's 25 days to long, but needs be.

Keep plodding on, I'll give you a wave as I pass N/S. Sorry cant have a pint as I have no intention of stopping.

H/M K.P.Phet.

Fred to locals.

Ha Ha life for the farang in small town Thailand seems to be pretty much the same all over. Bit of an emptying out here too over the next few weeks, plus we have lost three to "natural causes" over the last year, and possibly two to "nutter causes" only time will tell in the cases of the latter. But same as you mostly very good people.

Look on the bright side Fred, you will be home in good time for Songkran and Nakhon Sawan will still be here.

2 hours ago, rott said:

Ha Ha life for the farang in small town Thailand seems to be pretty much the same all over. Bit of an emptying out here too over the next few weeks, plus we have lost three to "natural causes" over the last year, and possibly two to "nutter causes" only time will tell in the cases of the latter. But same as you mostly very good people.

Look on the bright side Fred, you will be home in good time for Songkran and Nakhon Sawan will still be here.

Seems your correct.

Sorry to say I will be leaving K.P.P on the 25th for flight on the 26th April. So will still be here for the dreaded water lobbing rubbish. I shall of cause stay well away from any of the above. As luck would have it only last 3 days in K.P.Phet and stops at 6pm. If I do venture out it'll be night time only and in the car.

I shall be arriving back on the 16th May all going well, that's provided my Taxi doesn't get caught up in any pot holes that N/S throws up. Or I've frozen to death in the UK.

H/M K.P.Phet.

Fred to locals.

• 3 weeks later...

Returned unscathed from a week in Pattaya, on the outside anyway, though the damage to my mortal soul and my internal organs may be incalculable.

I thought it was busy, people turning up without pre-booked accomm were finding things a lot tighter than normal but not impossible. Lots of young Chinese about and still plenty of farang, though I feel the latter are very slowly dwindling. Perhaps they are all moving here, I saw two in BigC2 in the half hour I was there this morning.

Anyway out for a few tomorrow night, first since Sunday so I am ready for it.

Earlier this week I had cause to head to Bangers to see a man about a boat. It is some 45 years since I owned a boat and I've almost recovered from the experience so I have decided to have another go.

On the trip down I saw that the Chief Potholer and Constrictor of Traffic of Nakkers Province has been busy.  The bypass is almost entirely one lane either way so it is actually faster going through the city.  The overpass onto the bypass is showing signs of wear and the roadworks north of Nakkers which were pleasingly absent a few weeks ago have reappeared(again).

Apart from the usual wreckage of a truck where the driver had probably fallen asleep early in the morning and a more recent, complicated fiasco involving 3 pick up trucks with front and rear end damage it was uneventful.   The offramp into Sukhumvit was starting to clog up but by Bangers standards it was nothing and traffic moved on Suk so we were in the hotel by 2PM.

Part way through check in at the hotel an officious concierge asked me to move my car.   It wasn't blocking anyone so I refused and made it clear it wasn't going to be moved until I finished check in.  Much unhappiness all round.

Some time later at the room a bowl of extra fruit with a groveling apologetic letter and some discount coupons were delivered.   Assuaged my feelings somewhat but would have been better if the bloody coupons had been useful.

The boat supplier was at Bang Na so went there via BTS followed by a sweltering 2km walk past assorted freeways and a rubbish filled swamp with ominous rustling that may have been rats/giant lizards or snakes or all three.   The boats on offer seemed to be of a good quality so I have ordered one which should be finished in 10 days or so ready for its maiden voyage on the mighty Ping river.   

1 hour ago, Chilon said:

Earlier this week I had cause to head to Bangers to see a man about a boat. It is some 45 years since I owned a boat and I've almost recovered from the experience so I have decided to have another go.

On the trip down I saw that the Chief Potholer and Constrictor of Traffic of Nakkers Province has been busy.  The bypass is almost entirely one lane either way so it is actually faster going through the city.  The overpass onto the bypass is showing signs of wear and the roadworks north of Nakkers which were pleasingly absent a few weeks ago have reappeared(again).

Apart from the usual wreckage of a truck where the driver had probably fallen asleep early in the morning and a more recent, complicated fiasco involving 3 pick up trucks with front and rear end damage it was uneventful.   The offramp into Sukhumvit was starting to clog up but by Bangers standards it was nothing and traffic moved on Suk so we were in the hotel by 2PM.

Part way through check in at the hotel an officious concierge asked me to move my car.   It wasn't blocking anyone so I refused and made it clear it wasn't going to be moved until I finished check in.  Much unhappiness all round.

Some time later at the room a bowl of extra fruit with a groveling apologetic letter and some discount coupons were delivered.   Assuaged my feelings somewhat but would have been better if the bloody coupons had been useful.

The boat supplier was at Bang Na so went there via BTS followed by a sweltering 2km walk past assorted freeways and a rubbish filled swamp with ominous rustling that may have been rats/giant lizards or snakes or all three.   The boats on offer seemed to be of a good quality so I have ordered one which should be finished in 10 days or so ready for its maiden voyage on the mighty Ping river.   

Glad you have finally ordered your new boat Bill. The K.P.Phet local fishing club will be delighted after I have informed then at the next AGM. At least you will have something to put on your private boat slipway.

Re problem with Hotel if you didn't stay at that Cheep place I assume the Land Mark you stay in it might not have occurred. Better still learn to park correctly.

Not going down the route of traveling by BTS. Very down market for us K.P.Phet peeps. Taxi is the way to go you only had the phone Sam the taxi man. Only hope that you don't end up like Rott and having to spend time in Pattaya.

Glad you had an eventful trip anyway.

H/M K.P.Phet.

It has been coming down here like a cow p1ssing on a flat rock.   Second lot of rain today.   There was a loud bang as it got heavier and has now managed to short out the lights on the recently completed driving range plus the associated restaurant across the river.

I checked the weather forecast and, yes, still showing sunny with 0% chance of rain.

We had rain a couple of days ago as well, almost like an early start to the rainy season.

Archived