Where Is The Best Place In Thailand

Rosco911

My sister is planning a honeymoon in Thailand and was considering Phuket but after everything I have read I do not think this is a good idea.

I live in Chiang Mai but as we all know its miles away from the sea and beaches. I would be very grateful if you guys further south would give me recommendations I can pass on.

OP: "...after everything I have read I do not think this is a good idea."

Did yer grandma not teach you to believe none of what you read and half of what you see?

Phuket is a lovely place to honeymoon offering more variety than anywhere else in the south.

khao lak, phangna, krabi, koh samet are all more respectable and better looking.

khao lak if you want to bored out of your mind!!!

married couple. Getting drunk with other fat old men watching 20 year old ugly girls is not what they call 'entertainment' In fact thats a boring way to pass an evening for most people of this world.

The north end of Phuket is so much different than the center or southern part.

Many weddings are held up at the JW Marriott, Rennaisance, or Sala Phuket.

They can be very romantic resorts (especially the last two) and the beach is often empty up that way.

Patong, Karon, Kata, Nai Harn, are touristy, overcrowded places that are much faster paced IMO.

Like most things in life, budget plays a major part. However, that said, there are quality places to meet the demands of most pockets. The principle advantage of Phuket over most other locations is it's diversity in what is a relatively small area. For a honeymoon, I would recommend perhaps an island resort such as 'The Racha' (Koh Racha Yai - about 20 minutes boat transfer from Chalong Pier) which a friend of mine used for his honeymoon last year (he was very pleased), or maybe Paradise Beach Resort on Koh Yao Noi (I've visited there on my boat and lunched there, very pleasant).

For what is a relatively isolated 'island' experience, I wouldn't recommend any longer than 5 to 7 nights, though which could be coupled with a couple of days in a more livelier place to top up the bags with shopping and maybe some after dinner stories........

married couple. Getting drunk with other fat old men watching 20 year old ugly girls is not what they call 'entertainment' In fact thats a boring way to pass an evening for most people of this world.

The fact that that is the only thing you can think of when describing Phuket shows everybody you know so very little about the island and are an extremely unhelpful, missleading poster on this forum!

It is impossible to give a good recomendation without knowing what kind of break they want. The thing is with Phuket and how it differs from all the other places mentioned, is that Phuket offers a bit of everything. If they want to combine quiet romantic beaches and restaurants but still have a lively party scene some nights and the ability to spend a couple of days on a remote, romantic off shore island then you can. Phuket can offer you 3 different holidays all in the same week. I would like to see people manage that in Khao Lak, Phangna or Krabi!!

• Like 1

Nightlife in phuket is terrible. Northen phuket/offshore island are not part of phuket.

Thailand has tens of thousands of resorts, surely a lot of them that are better than those in phuket. Phuket has nothing to offer that isnt offered somewhere else with genuine smiles.

Edited by thaiIand

Nightlife in phuket is terrible. Northen phuket/offshore island are not part of phuket.

Thailand has tens of thousands of resorts, surely a lot of them that are better than those in phuket. Phuket has nothing to offer that isnt offered somewhere else with genuine smiles.

Say what now!! Northern Phuket ISN'T part of Phuket. When did that happen? biggrin.png The offshore islands aren't a part of Phuket but they ARE a part of the Phuket holiday experience if you want them to be.

You are so quick and desperate to slag off Phuket in almost every post you make that you say things like Northern Phuket is not part of Phuket.

Like I said, in my opinion a pointless and unhelpful poster.

koh samui can be part of your phuket holiday if you wish it to be, doesnt make it part of phuket.

That's a pretty obvious statement but what's your point? Read my post, I said the offshore islands AREN'T a part of Phuket but can be factored in to a decision to go there on a holiday. As can the ability to visit Samui as you so unnecessarily pointed out. Northern Phuket however IS 100% a part of Phuket, and your failure to comprehend that speaks volumes!

I am not, nor ever have been a troll. I am simply pointing out that biased, obsessive opinions about a place don't benefit the OP in any way shape or form, and that those characteristics are far more trollish than me pointing that out.

It's very easy to spot. An OP asks what places are GOOD in Thailand and some people instantly tell him that Phuket is a BAD place. That's not what was asked and high lights quite clearly an irrational obsession to slag off Phuket, which as I have said and make no apologies for saying, is pointless and unhelpful.

• Like 1

Are they specifically looking for an island get away? On the Eastern seaboard Ko Samet is very nice. Further south is Ko Chang, which is very touristy. Several small island resorts off Ko Chang might make a nice trip.

Never been to Hua Hin. Though not an island, friends tell me the beach is nice, and they have excellent spa's there.

Hope you find a great spot for them.

I like Samet. My only problem with it was the snorkeling was poorer than I had hoped. Again though, if the OP's family are looking to party, go clubbing, soak up a bit of Thai culture, snorkel at some world class snorkel sites and do many other things, then they will be disappointed with a week on Samet.

More info as to what kind of holiday they require is needed before good advice can be given. If it's a quiet, relaxing, romantic holiday doing next to nothing they require then Samet would be as lovely a place to go is any other I guess.

Samet, isn't that the place where people are complaining about all the trash everywhere, inside a national park?

Phuket has a great variety of things to see and do and some excellent resorts, as does Samui BTW, so could be excellent for the OP. But it really depends on what he wants to do.

Samet, isn't that the place where people are complaining about all the trash everywhere, inside a national park?

Phuket has a great variety of things to see and do and some excellent resorts, as does Samui BTW, so could be excellent for the OP. But it really depends on what he wants to do.

We stayed there 18 months ago, where we stayed they had this new invention called

public rubbish bins on the streets and people actually used them

Take a look around where you live in Rawai, rubbish dumped everywhere

We stayed there 18 months ago, where we stayed they had this new invention called

public rubbish bins on the streets and people actually used them

Take a look around where you live in Rawai, rubbish dumped everywhere

Nothingh to do with me mate, just indicating what people are complaining about on the forums.

khao lak, phangna, krabi, koh samet are all more respectable and better looking.

khao lak if you want to bored out of your mind!!!

We're talking about a honeymoon and not about a bachelor club outing. Khao Lak has lovely beaches some of which are very quiet, forests and waterfalls inland, plenty of restaurants, and also many bars where you can find people to socialize with. There is a wide range of accomodation possibilities, varying from backpackers dormitories to 5 star resorts.

Not surpisingly the OP hasn't been back to his thread after Dumb and Dumber started their squabble about Phuket with their blinkered, yet opposite, points of view.

As several posters have pointed out it is impossible to recommend the perfect place for a honeymoon without knowing what the participants want.

Looking at Phuket only, it is possible to stay at a 5 star resort with it's own private beach and be totally pampered without leaving the premises. The right place will have flash rooms with all amenities, top quality restaurants and day spas and if the guests are young, romantic and have time only for each other it will be perfect. Of course the same applies with other places and on other islands.

If the couple are looking to combine a more traditional holiday Phuket has numerous attractions, views, adventure rides, restaurants, etc, for all tastes.

And of course who would want to miss the circus that is Bangla road? You don't have to participate, but it is possibly the most popular sight for rubber neckers in all of Thailand. Many thousands (and often their whole families) come along for the entertainment every night!

Edited by Old Croc

Not surpisingly the OP hasn't been back to his thread after Dumb and Dumber started their squabble about Phuket with their blinkered, yet opposite, points of view.

I hope that I'm dumb and not dumber. smile.png

Anyway, I very much doubt that the OP is so sensitive that he won't come back because of a little disagreement between two members, especially when one of them has already given the exact same advice, almost word for word that you just gave, about 20 posts ago. Not bad for a dumbo wink.png

Edited by HongKongPhooey

of course the people pushing on phuket have businesses here that are hanging on by a thread.

With all the crap going around here, every tourist we turn away is a win.

That post is 100% proof of the agenda that lies behind every one of your posts and is why it's pathetic and pointless that you are allowed to post on the Phuket forum. You have just said quite simply that you make posts to try and turn tourists away from Phuket, regardless of whether it is accurate or helpful information. It's what makes these sub forums such a joke and a waste of time.

The humorous thing is it will probably be me that gets in trouble for pointing it out and taking the thread off topic and not you for doing it in the first place. wacko.png