Pattaya Floating Market

healthcaretaker

I can't find any discussion threads here.

How many floating markets are there in Pattaya ?

I find these photos very appealing but the 2 maps are not clear as to where exactly is the floating market.

http://www.google.com.my/search?q=pattaya+floating+markets&hl=en&rlz=1C1SKPC_enMY401MY401&prmd=imvns&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=OvFFT_qQEMXKrAfsvoWoCw&ved=0CEsQsAQ&biw=1366&bih=707#q=pattaya+floating+markets&hl=en&sa=X&rlz=1C1SKPC_enMY401MY401&tbm=isch&prmd=imvns&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.r_qf.,cf.osb&fp=c8ecda57da450467&biw=1092&bih=565

Have anyone been there and give some tips ?

How to get there by songtheaw and what's the opening hours for this place ?

Thank you but the 1st one given is totally Thai and the 2nd one is to simple and not to scale, difficult to figure them out. Anyway, I will look for the Red Line Beach bus provided. Thanks.

It's quite easy to find, if you come from Pattaya Klang and you drive towards Sukhumvit, turn right at the traffic lights onto Sukhumvit. Drive past Pattaya Thai (BIG C, Home Works), drive past Thepprasit (Lotus), drive past Makro and then maybe after another couple of km's (not sure exactly) it's just past a PTT gas station on your left hand side of the road. You can't miss it as LennyW already said:

just normal to see 40 - 50 tour buses double and triple parked along Sukhumvit !!!
  • Like 1

Don't go there to buy anything.. Prices are 3 times what you can get them elsewhere in Pattaya. It is interesting to see, but a total rip off for prices.

Slight exageration but the prices have gone up as high season. Last time I was there we got lots things cheaper there than in Pattaya

• Like 1

I agree that it is the biggest farce going and really all it is is the same shops you see all over Pattaya just built on wooden stilts in a mosquito infested rubbish lake.

However if you really want to see it then every WHITE songteaw on Sukhumvit is strictly just that, a sukhumvit songteaw and they travel all down frm North of Pattaya to almost Rayong. Just flag one down.

• Like 1

I agree that it is the biggest farce going and really all it is is the same shops you see all over Pattaya just built on wooden stilts in a mosquito infested rubbish lake.

However if you really want to see it then every WHITE songteaw on Sukhumvit is strictly just that, a sukhumvit songteaw and they travel all down frm North of Pattaya to almost Rayong. Just flag one down.

Ok, as long as it is white in colour, hot it, may I know how much is the fare ?

Ok, as long as it is white in colour, hot it, may I know how much is the fare ?

Depends where you get on but no more than 20 baht.

• Like 1