What Is The Best Topic Or Post You Have Seen On Thaivisa.

theblether

I was shocked into silence today when one of your members suggested that we are a cynical mob. I cannot believe anyone would think such of us!!!

Anyway I replied that if he required any evidence of why we are a tad cynical he should consult the previous 1033 pages of content on Thaivisa. If anyone could be bothered reading it, there must be some gold amongst it.

So what do you remember as being the best topic or post that you have read on Thaivisa? if you can be bothered to look for it, can you provide us with a link?

I bet you there were some real characters that have been and gone over the years too, let's hear a bit about them.

So it's time for a reminisce!! So that should keep our pensioners happy, they like nothing better than talking about the old days, but don't you dare mention pensions or immigrants!!!!!!!!!

( You know how that does my head in).

• Like 2

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Understood. There's always the re-run of Dad's Army to look forward to tomorrow night... Real nostalgia! biggrin.png

Edit: That's just about as exciting as it gets in UK. When I'm in Thailand the last thing I think about is "Oh, I must post a thread on TV"

Edited by SimonD

Understood. There's always the re-run of Dad's Army to look forward to tomorrow night... Real nostalgia! biggrin.png

Edit: That's just about as exciting as it gets in UK. When I'm in Thailand the last thing I think about is "Oh, I must post a thread on TV"

Me too. I never use Thai forums when in Thailand. Ironic, na?

There was a post by Tutsiwarrior about a relationship where he showed that he is quite a sensitive soul, instead of the old hippy tough guy that he usually plays on Thai Visa.That was one of the best posts ever and goes a way back.

The post must have touched you profoundly for you to remember it from way back. That makes you quite a sensitive soul yourself! I can barely remember a post from yesterday.

There have been some real classic posts, some so comical they made me LMAO, some so articulate and profound they give the gift of insight, some so shockingly honest they cause self reflection and some just entertaining. I cant remember individual posts or what topic they were from but I guess thats where the "like" option will be usefull, if that data is collated and published. But a couple I remember was the topic where a guy bulldozes his house so his wife doesnt get it, and one where a guy builds his own lake.

Edited by waza
  • Like 1

I won’t pass judgement on other’s posts or topics but I will offer my own best topic which has been running for some time now. Finished House Pictures is just a topic where people can get an idea what kind of homes we actually live in here in Thailand.

For the most part it has been devoid of the cynicism and heckling that is prevalent in many topics. You may be looking for something controversial and stimulating to get your blood flowing and it won’t provide that. It will give you a long leisurely stroll through expat homes, big and small.

One of my favourite threads if only to rekindle my dreams.

• Like 1

When in the UK it is presumably an umbilical cord to your dreams ?

The best Topics are always the ones that are closed and the best posters are the ones who have been banned or suspended for 99 years.

The rest is just a rehash of the same old topics done over and over again.

Edited by Banzai99

When in the UK it is presumably an umbilical cord to your dreams ?

Possibly true, right now I am doing a monotonously repetetive project on the internet for one of my companies. It's brain damage, so now and again I like to flick over to TV for a reminder of good days past and to motivate myself.

Equally it also reminds me that it doesn't matter where you are in the world your personality always follows you.

I'm only a recently new here and thanks to the bored old Scotsman (thebleather) ... I get to relive those golden oldie moments.

Loved villagefarang's house thread ... got to page 9. WOW you guys are rich!

Shame that Cardholder had to pipe in with that negative comment.

Free world I suppose though.

I bet the Mods would have a yarn or two to spin.

Bring on the golden oldies I say ... threads that is!

• Like 1

I am one of the happy readers of macb’s topic Do You Live In A Thai Village Full Time. Another old topic that should be shown the light of day from time to time, in my opinion.

Looks fascinating but I haven't got beyond the first page yet, 581 replies? I'll need to take a day off and pull up a chair. The second contribution from cnxpat was superb.

I look forward to reading the rest of it.

I am one of the happy readers of macb’s topic Do You Live In A Thai Village Full Time. Another old topic that should be shown the light of day from time to time, in my opinion.

Looks fascinating but I haven't got beyond the first page yet, 581 replies? I'll need to take a day off and pull up a chair. The second contribution from cnxpat was superb.

Hope you enjoy it. At the risk of being blatantly self promoting, if you have a couple of days to kill you could always click the link to my blog, found on my profile page.wink.png

Hope you enjoy it. At the risk of being blatantly self promoting, if you have a couple of days to kill you could always click the link to my blog, found on my profile page.wink.png

Will do......what I found intriguing was the input from some of the members such as cdnvic and Old Croc. That thread is 5 years old and it's good to see what some current members were thinking at the time.

edit for spelling

Edited by theblether

On a contrary note, are you chaps like Edith Piaf (non, je ne regrette rien)

(Oops - the lingua franca police will be on to me for a bit of franca lingua there...)

or do you ever err, in haste, and post in a thread that you later regret getting involved in?

One that just refuses to sink to the bottom of your recent posts, and that continues for days or weeks to surprise you with the depths of inane idiocy or prejudiced spleen to which your fellow posters can delve?

SC

Will do......what I found intriguing was the input from some of the members such as cdnvic and Old Croc. That thread is 5 years old and it's good to see what some current members were thinking at the time.

edit for spelling

What I found amazing in the Thai Village thread is that to the last page (and I admit in the sort time I had I only read the first and last pages) it was still going strong and hadn't imploded into a heap self feeding cynicsm or personal duels.

thebleather ... you might be onto to something here.

I've started a special bookmark for these gems

On a contrary note, are you chaps like Edith Piaf (non, je ne regrette rien)

(Oops - the lingua franca police will be on to me for a bit of franca lingua there...)

or do you ever err, in haste, and post in a thread that you later regret getting involved in?

One that just refuses to sink to the bottom of your recent posts, and that continues for days or weeks to surprise you with the depths of inane idiocy or prejudiced spleen to which your fellow posters can delve?

SC

Eh, yes.......I do have that sense of dread every time I post a new topic too, but hey!! that's life on the edge!!