Inverter Air Conditioning - Which Brand?

I need to buy 1 unit for the master bedroom and 1 for the home office.

Which brands are good for Inverter Air Conditioning? (Inverter and not normal Air Conditioning)

Does any one have experience with LG, Panasonic, Daikin and Mitsubishi Electric with Inverter ?

I am happy with my Mitsu inverter....especially these cold mornings/

Do you mean it works so bad that it actually heats up and breaks the cold? biggrin.png

If you bother to find out about Mitsu inverters they also heat the room. In fact inverter airconditioners are one of the most cost efective ways of doing this.

Do you mean it works so bad that it actually heats up and breaks the cold? biggrin.png

If you bother to find out about Mitsu inverters they also heat the room. In fact inverter airconditioners are one of the most cost efective ways of doing this.

You must be from Notunderstandjokeland,by the way I always thought that in Thailand the heating element was emoved from the aircons.

Just my two cents .... find a reputable, local shop near you and ask for their recommendation. In my experience, this strategy helps because those guys will be the ones to come and clean/service/repair the units in the future.

On a broader note, I wish air con units were somehow better designed to facilitate cleaning, all indoor units all need to be unscrewed and yanked apart every six months before polythene is taped over. It'd be great if the units had a back plate onto which a 'box' could be attached to form a water-tight seal. This would catch the over-spray and could incorporate a drainage plug.

You must be from Notunderstandjokeland,by the way I always thought that in Thailand the heating element was emoved from the aircons.

-since many years aircons do not have heating elements,

-heating is done by reversing the cooling cycle (inside unit heating, outside unit cooling),

-not every aircon is equipped with that function and the function is not limited to inverter units,

-the price of the so-called "heat-pump" unit is ~20% higher,

-reason for the higher price is that both inside and outside unit heat-exchangers are built for both cooling and heating function triggered by a rather expensive 4-way solenoid valve.

p.s. i have never seen a heat-pump version for sale in Thailand but they might be available up north where the nights can get really cool.

we use two York inverters - a 4 and 5 ton unit for our restuarant / bar. They use less power than the small conventional units - and do an amazing job when the place is full or you want it on super cool when they first crank up.. Great energy savers and they dont seem to work hard.

but have not seen many good designs that allow easy cleaning.

-heating is done by reversing the cooling cycle (inside unit heating, outside unit cooling),

-not every aircon is equipped with that function and the function is not limited to inverter units,

-reason for the higher price is that both inside and outside unit heat-exchangers are built for both cooling and heating function triggered by a rather expensive 4-way solenoid valve.

p.s. i have never seen a heat-pump version for sale in Thailand but they might be available up north where the nights can get really cool.

My wrong to think that the heating was done by a heating element.

However my point was that I'm from the opinion that they aren't sold in Thailand since nobody would want to waste that money in a climate where they aren't needed.

Maybe Mr Harry has a for Thailand exclusive model?

My wrong to think that the heating was done by a heating element.

However my point was that I'm from the opinion that they aren't sold in Thailand since nobody would want to waste that money in a climate where they aren't needed.

Maybe Mr Harry has a for Thailand exclusive model?

Not at all http://www.mitsubishi-kyw.co.th/product_cat_sub_prod.php?id=2#

as a quick google search would have shown you

I am considering the Mitsubishi, Panasonic and Daikin inverters air conditioners.

The Mitsubishi is 7000 Baht more than the Panasonic for 13000 BTU.

Does anyone have experience with Mitsubishi, Panasonic and Daikin?

Air Panasonic sale 9,000 BTU 16,900. - 13000 BTU-18900. -.

Air MITSUBISHI sale 9,000 BTU 21,900. - 13,000 BTU 25,900. . -.

C DAIKIN sale 9,000 BTU 18,900. - 13,000 BTU 23,900. . -.

C SHARP sale 9,000 BTU 20,900. - 13,000 BTU 24,900. . -.

Air LG Price 9000 BTU 15,900. - 13,000 BTU 17,900. -.