Driving Girlfriend'S Car

randymarsh

In Thailand it's the vehicle that is insured so (assuming the lady hasn't gone for the named driver only discount) you don't need anything extra to be legally covered, at least to the satisfaction of the BiB.

Do however verify that her insurance company is happy with you driving on a UK licence with an IDP. As we all know insurance companies will find any reason not to pay in the event of a shunt, some policies imply that a Thai licence is required.

That should be fine as long as it still valid.

Don't drive the car without 1st class insurance (on the car) thus avoiding going to jail (unless you have 200k bath easy arrivalbe) as they will pay bail bond for you if you kill somebody while driving and its not even your fault.

Funny!

Make sure you ask her farang bf who bought her the car if it is ok also....sorry could not resist it lol.

Funny though! Just like the guy driving mine coming over to ask me if he could drive it.

Well, I thank God for providing the money to buy another one.

Could be. My broker told me that any vehicle over 7 years no longer qualifies fro 1st class. What company insures your 9 year old vehicle? I use Axa.

is this true? anyone others? i have a 3rd party insurance with my old sportage, thinking of changing to 1st class once i fix it up properly

Could be. My broker told me that any vehicle over 7 years no longer qualifies fro 1st class. What company insures your 9 year old vehicle? I use Axa.

is this true? anyone others? i have a 3rd party insurance with my old sportage, thinking of changing to 1st class once i fix it up properly

It's been posted a few times on the forum that the cutoff time is 10 years. 7 years is when you are required to have a car inspection for emissions and drive-ability.

• Like 1

It's been posted a few times on the forum that the cutoff time is 10 years. 7 years is when you are required to have a car inspection for emissions and drive-ability.

Thanks for clarifying that.