With Residency Permit No More Tax Slip Needed For Work Permit?!

Am a holder of Permanent Residency.

As I recall during the past few years I didn't have to show the tax slip anymore when going through the Work Permit extension.

Or am I mixing up something?

Can it be that only immigration wants to see the tax slip? With PR one doesn't need immigration...

Which leads to a second question: to apply for PR one has to document at least three years of tax paying.

Applying for the Thai passport one also has to document to pay taxes?

Many thanks in advance.

I've not had to show tax slips (PND91+receipt) to immigration or labor for the last several years, previously I did. This is working at a university and in Chiang Mai if that makes a difference.

//edit - and you are correct that they want to see the last 3 years of tax receipts for PR as one of the top requirements is paying tax.

I've not had to show tax slips (PND91+receipt) to immigration or labor for the last several years, previously I did. This is working at a university and in Chiang Mai if that makes a difference.

//edit - and you are correct that they want to see the last 3 years of tax receipts for PR as one of the top requirements is paying tax.

Do you hold PR Tywais? If not I'd be surprised. That was always the first thing they wanted to see before I got PR.

Now I'm confused, and if not absolutely necessary I'll contribute to this lovely place by other means than paying taxes.

Do you hold PR Tywais? If not I'd be surprised. That was always the first thing they wanted to see before I got PR.

I had considered going for it under the 'expert' category, but no don't have it.

//edit - I have seen on the forum that others have but believe it was under holding a business where tax receipts probably make senses.

• Like 1

My company (public company with turnover more than 3,000 million baht/year) just renewed my work permit.

I have a Ph.D. and am an expert in my field.

I am also on the board of directors.

I have had permanent residency since 2004, and my income is in the millions of baht/year.

The labor dept. asked for copies of all the same documents they ask for every year. (I keep telling the HR dept. I still have the same wife and children I've had for the last 15 years, so every year I ask why do I have to keep giving them my marriage certificate and children's birth certificates?)

Not only did the paw aw (pu amnuaygan) at the local labor dept. office ask for my income tax receipts (I submitted two), but came back and asked for a copy of my tax filing (the original goes to the tax dept.- almost no one keeps an accurate duplicate copy after the tax dept. staff have corrected it and marked it all up, they KEEP it - but of course the paw aw knew that).

Also for the first time in 20 years, I had to get a blood test and the doctor had to certify I was negative for syphilis.

The work permit was finished, but my secretary tells me we didn't get it back until we provided the labor dept. staff with a basket of fruit.

And the HR dept. said the labor dept. requested that I provide a copy of my tax return next year.

So just because they aren't asking for a tax receipt doesn't mean that there is no requirement to submit it, just that the offices you deal with aren't stifling the process while looking for a bribe.

• Like 1

You should apply for citizenship (like I did) and put all that nonsense behind you for good.

Looks like the way to go NewlyMintedThai - can you walk me quickly through the process?

Well, there's nothing "quick" about it. It usually takes three years minimum, start to finish.

First step is to visit the folks at Special Branch's nationality services office, at the Police Headquarters on Rama I Road.

They can provide you with the application and brief you on the process.

It is clear-cut, but takes time.

• Like 1