New Aeon Atm Installed Upstairs At Siam Tv

Mickeem

One of Aeons new style ATM's has been installed outside their office upstairs at the Siam TV next to the Chinese consulate.

For those of us that wish to save 150B when withdrawing from overseas accounts this location is more convenient and central than Airport Plaza or Tesco Lotus, also

hopefully without the slow queues around paydays.

My withdrawal with a Uk Visa debit card went without a hitch so it will be my 'regular' Free ATM from now on...

• Like 1

Another Aeon ATM on ground floor of Big C Extra (been there a while but not mentioned in the OP).

Does anyone know if the Tisco ATM charges? There's a Tisco ATM at the top of Chang Phuek Road by the superhighway. Tisco are a finance company, similar to Aeon so may not be a part of the Thai bank extortion scam.

Another Aeon ATM on ground floor of Big C Extra (been there a while but not mentioned in the OP).

Does anyone know if the Tisco ATM charges? There's a Tisco ATM at the top of Chang Phuek Road by the superhighway. Tisco are a finance company, similar to Aeon so may not be a part of the Thai bank extortion scam.

All Thai banks charge the 150, and as far as I know Tisco is a Thai bank. Aeon doesn't charge it because they are a Japanese company.

Thanks Mickeem,

Such info is v. useful, + (plus) now I know about the location of the Chinese Consulate in case it gets 40 degree hot as well as smokey and I decide to escape to Kunming. For me, your contribution is doubly helpful.

PS I have rarely to wait (and then only 1 person ahead) at the machine in Big C+ (old Carrefour) ground floor. Rather than use the menu dialing in amounts, I highlight 7k and grab it quickly; have not tried for more as yet.

Edited by CMX

My relatives visited in February this, and they were charged 150 baht per transaction this year. In past years not. I don't know if this was an account of some circumstance peculiar to them or if Aeon has changed its policy.

No change of policy as of today as I have been and used one.

I am a regular user of Aeons ATM because Aeon doesn't steal the 150TBh from me.

But, to really know if Aeon is cheaper, I must confess that I never compared the Xrates (EUR-THB) with other TH banks.

Anyone smarter than me?

I am a regular user of Aeons ATM because Aeon doesn't steal the 150TBh from me.

But, to really know if Aeon is cheaper, I must confess that I never compared the Xrates (EUR-THB) with other TH banks.

Anyone smarter than me?

I keep track of the xrate and record on my spreadsheet. I am usually within -0.40% to +.30% of the final rate. Of course, the rate will fluctuate during a 24 hour period.

My relatives visited in February this, and they were charged 150 baht per transaction this year. In past years not. I don't know if this was an account of some circumstance peculiar to them or if Aeon has changed its policy.

Last year I told my wife she could use Aeon to withdraw from the US account and avert the B150 charge. She did get it free one time. The second time she was too busy looking at the slip and forgot to withdraw the card. The card got eaten by the machine. After some trouble, we got a replacement card from the US. We went to an Aeon outlet at Tesco in Bangkok to test the card. The machines were down. We inquired an Aeon employee and was told that the Aeon machines were being reprogrammed. We were also told that there would no longer be free of charge for ATM withdrawal from foreign accounts. On top of that, non-Aeon cards would also be charged. So we didn't use the Aeon machine.

Seems like we are getting conflicting reports here. ???

I insist that Aeon has not charged the Thai Bank 150 baht charge, not even once, during my withdrawals of the last 30 months.

Mine are not regular, however - perhaps every two weeks, lesser amounts (typically 7K or less), for unexpected expenses.

I use AEON every 2 weeks, still no 150B fee and no hidden fees through lower rates. I made 2 withdrawals 2 days ago using 2 different debit cards and got the same rate which happen to be .20% higher than th ex-rate.com daily rate. Both my cards are 100% fee free.

Been asked to pass huge thanks by my girlfriend. she was ever so grateful me taking her to Siam TV so she could pay her credit card bill at the machine....at 8pm, not a sole up there....(no she wasnt that grateful though!)

yes she normally goes to Tesco and yes a queue of 30 is not uncommon.

and not surprisingly, she wasnt charged anything to pay her account off.

• 3 months later...

And so what's the latest Trainman and Vagabond ? Still without the fees ? And of oucrse we're hearing about different locations. Which ones do you frequent ?

Just came out of Tesco's 20 minutes ago and no 150 Baht charge. I talk to the girls in the bank frequently and they always tell me there never has been a charge and as far as they know there never will be. I also use the free standing machine in the old Carrefour at times around the beginning/end of the month to avoid the Tesco queues and always fee free as well.

• Like 1

I was just about to head out to Tesco anyway, wishing that I'd posted my query earlier in the day to allow for pertinnent feedback. Trainman, you're a star ! Thanks. I love when the TV community comes together. Despite the bit of drivel here or there, TV's the best resource around for keeping informed on all kinds of things around CM n greater Prathet Thai !

And so what's the latest Trainman and Vagabond ? Still without the fees ? And of oucrse we're hearing about different locations. Which ones do you frequent ?

Just did 2 withdrawal this week and aeon is still batting 1000% on no fee. The exchange rate is still within .5% of daily average x-rates.com.

I generally use the atm on the 3rd floor of airport plaza and on rear occasion, the old carrefour, which is now big c. I actually forgot about the siam tv one.

Edited by vagabond48

Best typo I've seen in a long time, Vagabond "...on REAR occasion..." !

Yeah. I got a good result at Tesco Hang Dong. Only thing was, when I decided to inquire about the exchange rate - as it's not listed on the withdrawal slip - the girl at the counter didn't know, and instructed me to go ask at BKK Bank next door. I started to ask if their rate was synched to BKK Bank's, and they said, no they're independent.... which leads back to "So why are you sending me to BKK Bank in the first place ?" Anyway, I'll go online into my account soon n compare amt withdrawn to amt received and figure it out. Wonder why the desk people didn't know, and why I couldn't quite find any tangible listing of the rate ? No biggee, though.

17 May 2012

-Cash -As Central Chiangmai (SS) BANGKOK- TH 10,000.00THB at 49.753 -

£200.99

Def No 150 bt charge on withdraw at AEON...(above) in May...from statement -Nationwide Debit card.

There must be something I'm doing wrong, I get charged 150 every time I use AEON ATM machine. This has been true in the past and after reading this thread I tried it again last week at both the AEON ATMs at Siam TV and Tesco, it still charged me 150 baht.

Could this be because I'm using my American ATM card from BoA and they just charge Americans the 150 baht?

There must be something I'm doing wrong, I get charged 150 every time I use AEON ATM machine. This has been true in the past and after reading this thread I tried it again last week at both the AEON ATMs at Siam TV and Tesco, it still charged me 150 baht.

Could this be because I'm using my American ATM card from BoA and they just charge Americans the 150 baht?

I use an American ATM from Wellsfargo and do not get charged.

• Like 1

BarnicaleBob, are you sure you're using an AEON ATM? You seem to be the only one being charged.

Are you sure its not a BoA charge? Does it show up on the screen, or just on your statement as $5?

I've never been charged a fee at an Aeon machine using my US issued Schwab card or TD Bank card. I had a BofA card but never used it because of all the fees.

Unfortunately, I don't get to use Aeon machines as often as I would like. i was in tesco on the Superhiway the other day and both machines were out of service. I'd say that 3/4 of the time I use a machine other than an Aeon one because either the Aeon machines are out of order or the lines are too long. Since I seem to be the only one with that problem I should post here when I plan on using an Aeon machine as a warning to others to try elsewhere. So, here goes -- I planon trying the Aeon ATM's at Airport Plaza tomorrow afternoon.