Bars Not Full Of Prostitutes?

Scaliwags66

So, I like girls but don't buy them and would like to know where in town you can go and party with regular ladies, not the pros trying to get taken home for cash. Any areas that I should head? My friends keep going to places like patt pong, soi cowboy, soi 33 which are obviously not the place for regular girls. Also where beer is not 100+ baht due to the hooker situation. New to Bangkok so any insight would be appreciated. Thanks!!!

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There are loads of places... Bangkok is brimming with bars and clubs with regular people...

Thonglor / Ekammai area has a lot... Muse, Demo, Funky Villa, Sonic + Many more...

Ratchadapiskek Rd (as the above link mentions)...

RCA (Royal City Avenue is a strip with a number of Clubs, Slim, Route66, 808 + More)

There good clubs and bars all over if as you are trying you can get away from the sleaze, however, prices are invariably more thank 100B for a beer.

• Like 1

Just go to any Thai club, places aimed at farang are often filled with working girls. Khao San Road area is somewhat of an exception, but Gullivers still gets plenty. The farang crowd there is young and there is a Thai university nearby and there are bars that are 90% Thai so there are normal girls there

As for the price, 100 baht for a beer isn't unusual in a Thai club. Many are less and 100 baht often gets you a large beer, but the more expensive places will be 100 or more for a small. Most people don't drink individual beers at Thai clubs though. What you do is buy an entire bottle of whiskey or vodka, then bottles of coke and soda water and a bucket of ice, and make your own drinks at your table that you stand around. This can be very inexpensive considering the amount of alcohol you get. You can get a 700ml bottle of cheap whiskey for 500, even less for something like Sangsom, and mixers and ice at 20-50 baht each. Can be a very cheap night out when you split the cost between your group even if you go through more than 1 bottle of whiskey

I dont go out that much anymore so don't know the latest places but places to start are RCA, Ratchada Soi 4, Thonglor, Ekkamai, Jatujak (ortorgo). There are also a lot of mega clubs scattered across the city where basically there will be a couple hundred tables and a stage with a live performance. Hollywood in Ratchada Soi 6 is example, although they tend to price gouge foreigners that don't know what they are doing

Edited by DP25

DP 25 seems certainly out of date-the situation changes by the week. Around KSR -that there is Thammasat nearby is really totally nothing to do with-they rather keep away from foreign trash- is now full of ladyboys-but I do not know if OP meant that also as prossies-they do ask/for money and have very clever ways to get more.

OToKO is mainly famous for its young gays bars nowadays-though not really the monyeboys. Buut maybe OP cxan change his mind/set?

To make it very short: OP is telling he is new to town. The basic piont is; does he speak Thai enough for even the minimal first encounters? Speekkee the angkrit always comes at a price.

DP 25 seems certainly out of date-the situation changes by the week. Around KSR -that there is Thammasat nearby is really totally nothing to do with-they rather keep away from foreign trash- is now full of ladyboys-but I do not know if OP meant that also as prossies-they do ask/for money and have very clever ways to get more.

OToKO is mainly famous for its young gays bars nowadays-though not really the monyeboys. Buut maybe OP cxan change his mind/set?

To make it very short: OP is telling he is new to town. The basic piont is; does he speak Thai enough for even the minimal first encounters? Speekkee the angkrit always comes at a price.

There are bars in KSR area that are full of Thais and it is totally possible to meet normal girls there. I don't know where you get the ladyboy thing, there are some ladyboys on the street but the bars aren't full of them. KSR area is a good place for a young farang living in Bangkok to meet chicks

Last time I was in Otago, there a gay section and then further up the road the straight section. I have no idea about whether gay otago has 'moneyboys' or not but the straight bars were normal and good for meeting women. Of all the times I've been I'd only seen other another group of farang once, the place is almost entirely Thai. Which is good.

There are bars in KSR area that are full of Thais and it is totally possible to meet normal girls there. I don't know where you get the ladyboy thing, there are some ladyboys on the street but the bars aren't full of them. KSR area is a good place for a young farang living in Bangkok to meet chicks

Last time I was in Otago, there a gay section and then further up the road the straight section. I have no idea about whether gay otago has 'moneyboys' or not but the straight bars were normal and good for meeting women. Of all the times I've been I'd only seen other another group of farang once, the place is almost entirely Thai. Which is good.

100% correct.....

Interesting concept, a bar or nightclub in Thailand without anyone in it trying to make money from sex. Amost impossible to find IMHO.

posted using galaxy tab

I know lots of such places but they generally do not cater to the farang crowd as hardly any English is spoken there. Believe it or not, if you are brave enough to get off the street level in Patpong II, there are a row of Karaoke bars that caters primarily for drinkers and those who like to belt out a tune or two. In quite a few of them, the girls are not for taking home - not that you would want to take them home anyway :D

Regarding the OP's original post, if you are new to Bangkok and merely here for a holiday, your chances of hooking up with a normal Thai girl are quite slim, unless it's in your "bazi". Contrary to what a lot of people might think, looks and money play only a very small part in this segment.

There are absolutely loads of bars and pubs in Bangkok, that are not gogo or girly bars. Try Rachada loads of bars and late night clubs. Although this is very Thai and if you dont speak any thai it might not be your thing. In Khaosan there are loads of bars, also Club culture, cafe democ and Gazebo. On sukhumvit there are pubs and bars in soi 8, soi 11. Nightclub wise soi 11 also has Bed supper club, slightly expensive and posy, but worth a look. Soi Rangnam by victory monument. This list is not exhaustive mate, theres a lot more out there if you look for it. For a cheap beer try Jools bar on soi 4 sukhumvit. No gogo or bar girls, highly recommended!

Hope this helpsdrunk.gif

Just go to any Thai club, places aimed at farang are often filled with working girls. Khao San Road area is somewhat of an exception, but Gullivers still gets plenty. The farang crowd there is young and there is a Thai university nearby and there are bars that are 90% Thai so there are normal girls there

As for the price, 100 baht for a beer isn't unusual in a Thai club. Many are less and 100 baht often gets you a large beer, but the more expensive places will be 100 or more for a small. Most people don't drink individual beers at Thai clubs though. What you do is buy an entire bottle of whiskey or vodka, then bottles of coke and soda water and a bucket of ice, and make your own drinks at your table that you stand around. This can be very inexpensive considering the amount of alcohol you get. You can get a 700ml bottle of cheap whiskey for 500, even less for something like Sangsom, and mixers and ice at 20-50 baht each. Can be a very cheap night out when you split the cost between your group even if you go through more than 1 bottle of whiskey

I dont go out that much anymore so don't know the latest places but places to start are RCA, Ratchada Soi 4, Thonglor, Ekkamai, Jatujak (ortorgo). There are also a lot of mega clubs scattered across the city where basically there will be a couple hundred tables and a stage with a live performance. Hollywood in Ratchada Soi 6 is example, although they tend to price gouge foreigners that don't know what they are doing

And whisky has no "e" Real whisky that is..!

Interesting concept, a bar or nightclub in Thailand without anyone in it trying to make money from sex. Amost impossible to find IMHO.

posted using galaxy tab

I know lots of such places but they generally do not cater to the farang crowd as hardly any English is spoken there. Believe it or not, if you are brave enough to get off the street level in Patpong II, there are a row of Karaoke bars that caters primarily for drinkers and those who like to belt out a tune or two. In quite a few of them, the girls are not for taking home

posted using galaxy tab

Just because YOU don't speak enough Thai to take one of these girls home, doesn't mean they aren't looking for some easy cash. Thai bars are different but the girls generally aren't.When they aren't up for going home with you, there is still a mattress in a room out back.

Edited by ludditeman

Thanks for the insights guys. I have actually had some success with regular thais off khao san my first week but tired of that hood quickly. Not too concerned with prices of beers as long as I am having fun and the people are good. Sounds like more of the problem is the people I am going out with, their interests, and where they are taking me. I guess when someone says they like to go to the bargirl spots for efficiency, I should probably not roll out with them at night as we have different interests. To each their own. Thanks fellas, I will venture into some of your recommended spots. Cheers

posted using galaxy tab

I know lots of such places but they generally do not cater to the farang crowd as hardly any English is spoken there. Believe it or not, if you are brave enough to get off the street level in Patpong II, there are a row of Karaoke bars that caters primarily for drinkers and those who like to belt out a tune or two. In quite a few of them, the girls are not for taking home

posted using galaxy tab

Just because YOU don't speak enough Thai to take one of these girls home, doesn't mean they aren't looking for some easy cash. Thai bars are different but the girls generally aren't.When they aren't up for going home with you, there is still a mattress in a room out back.

Some sage advice here. When a chick in RCA or Thonglor won't give you her number, suggest instead you head out to the mattress in the alley behind the bar

Thai tradition. Respectable girls don't go to bars.

I didn't make the Thai tradition. I'm sorry that many of you don't know or understand Thai culture. Your problem not mine.

Anyone want to bet which TV members met their respectable, hi-so, educated, wealthy, gainfully employed partners in a bar licklips.gif ?

Edited by ludditeman
  • Like 1

posted using galaxy tab

posted using galaxy tab

I was going to respond but I then read how other, shall we say, more enlightened members have set you straight.

Thai tradition. Respectable girls don't go to bars.

I didn't make the Thai tradition. I'm sorry that many of you don't know or understand Thai culture. Your problem not mine.

Nonsense

Just an outdated notion that stems from a male dominated society, much like the west a few decades ago. Women from all segments of Thai society go to various bars, pubs and clubs.

All you are doing is demonstrating just how ignorant and outdated you are, in addition to leveling insults toward the wive's and girlfriends of many TV members. It's the 21st century mate, get with it.

OP.........

Although the English/Irish pubs can generally be more expensive, they do often have good happy hours. The Robin Hood and The Royal Oak Spring to mind. Ideal for getting tanked up before moving on to somewhere else.

+1... some people are nothing more than simpletons lacking the knowledge which exists outside of their own box of experience... They fail to recognise anything which they have not experienced themselves. In this example Ludditeman once again strikes a home run for ignorance.

There are many nightclubs,disco's etc.But when thai women see a farang she's thinking money.

She knows you didn't come to thailand on your looks.

Thai's know the more money they have easier life will be.Just relax man.Women in all countries are looking for money.

There are many nightclubs,disco's etc.But when thai women see a farang she's thinking money.

She knows you didn't come to thailand on your looks.

Thai's know the more money they have easier life will be.Just relax man.Women in all countries are looking for money.

Not biting: Start a new thread with Ludditeman...

• Like 2

It depends on what kinds of folks the OP is looking to socialize with.... predominantly farangs or predominantly Thais...

For farangs, there are lots of the pub and happy hour places as mentioned above that don't really involve pros..most of the time.

For Thais, assuming the OP isn't particularly fluent in Thais, there are still a variety of mostly Thai places that are quite affordable. The dual Tawandang nighclubs are a great, inexpensive night out, bit it's better to at least start out with a small group or couple (even two guys) and then mingle later.

There also are a lot of outdoor beer-oriented places around town with live music and cheap beer and Thai food. Whether those provide an opportunity for meeting single women depends a lot on the socializing skills of the person trying... But being an English only speaker is going to be a challenge.

If the OP needs or wants English fluent Thais and yet affordable prices and non-hookers, that's going to be more of a challenge.

If the OP doesn't care for the Khao San area, then the RCA area might be an alternative where English speakers might be more likely than at Rachada area clubs. And certainly tending less pricey than most Ekamai/Thong Lor clubs.

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK

If the OP needs or wants English fluent Thais and yet affordable prices and non-hookers, that's going to be more of a challenge.

If the OP doesn't care for the Khao San area, then the RCA area might be an alternative where English speakers might be more likely than at Rachada area clubs. And certainly tending less pricey than most Ekamai/Thong Lor clubs.

The RCA thing is ok but the girls are a bit young (some in their mid to late teens dressed up to look older) and they often travel in packs of guys and girls. I've seen Thai guys around RCA get very protective even if the girl is amenable to being approached.

The Ekkamai/Thong Lo joints like Demo/ Funky Villa/ Muse etc are your best bet. Older girls/women who are used to seeing foreign faces in the crowd if not necessarily talking with them. Very few hookers if any.

Tip: If you can bust a move, you can't f***ing LOSE at these three. Thai women LOVE a man who can dance. Next time you see a guy who can really move, just look at the women moving closer and closer to where he is.