Water Buffalo

Do you want it for eating, breeding, work or as a gift to a lady who has a sick one?

I'll check if the Missus still has the number of our local chap, at one time he said he was willing to deliver a young beast to any bar on Cowboy, just to see the reaction. Sadly I don't think anyone took him up on the offer :(

Do you want it for eating, breeding, work or as a gift to a lady who has a sick one?

I'll check if the Missus still has the number of our local chap, at one time he said he was willing to deliver a young beast to any bar on Cowboy, just to see the reaction. Sadly I don't think anyone took him up on the offer sad.png

That would be a stunt id love to watch.

I thought they were all on ThaiVisa.

I thrust my way past dozens of them on my morning walks (here I refer to the ones with horns... oh dear, I mean natural horns, not those bestowed by their wives). My toy poodle disapproves of them, and barks at them from about 6 inches away; they just goggle.

Answer to OP's question: most of the rice-growing areas of Isan still have plenty, though they're rarely used for work... just for "beef".

From chatuchak market.

If you can't make it there, pm me and I'll give u my bank details. As soon as I receive 200,000 baht I'll deliver one to your door with health certificate attatched.

I thrust my way past dozens of them on my morning walks (here I refer to the ones with horns... oh dear, I mean natural horns, not those bestowed by their wives). My toy poodle disapproves of them, and barks at them from about 6 inches away; they just goggle.

Answer to OP's question: most of the rice-growing areas of Isan still have plenty, though they're rarely used for work... just for "beef".

Are we talking about buffalo or water buffalo? I thought that they were different or have I been scammed?

Are we talking about buffalo or water buffalo? I thought that they were different or have I been scammed?

I thought the terms were used interchangeably in Thailand, but that could be bullocks.

SC

• Like 2

Not only are you worried ...

When I asked an old gf could she ride a horse.

Her reply was no ... but she could ride a buffalo.

I thought that was amusing at the time.

But your comment above shades that light.

post-104736-0-17445200-1330638498_thumb.

To add some more colour to your post here is a photo of her dad whose sole job was to tend to buffalo.

Luckily for me ... his buffalo were never sick!

Not only are you worried ...

When I asked an old gf could she ride a horse.

Her reply was no ... but she could ride a buffalo.

I thought that was amusing at the time.

But your comment above shades that light.

post-104736-0-17445200-1330638498_thumb.

To add some more colour to your post here is a photo of her dad whose sole job was to tend to buffalo.

Luckily for me ... his buffalo were never sick!

I won't sleep tonight.

I thought I was just unlucky with buffalos, I've given her money to buy three in the last year but they keep getting sick and dying.

Have any Thaivisa members suddenly disappeared this year unsure.png

Our cleaning woman, older Thai-Yai from the mountains has a lot experience with buffalo.

She told these are NEVER sick, she never heard of a sick one. They are the most robust animals she know and they have an absolute lovely character.

Our cleaning woman, older Thai-Yai from the mountains has a lot experience with buffalo.

She told these are NEVER sick, she never heard of a sick one. They are the most robust animals she know and they have an absolute lovely character.

The plot thickens......huh.png

You don't see so many kwais in the countryside anymore.

Their numbers seem to have decreased as the numbers of farang have increased.

Not surprising when so many of them have been sick, died or struck by lightening.

If this is a genuine enquiry, there were lots of auctions up around Mahasarakham. I think around the THB20,000 mark was the going rate.

20,000 baht?......the last 3 I bought were 50,000 baht!! wait until my gf get's home!!

If this is a genuine enquiry, there were lots of auctions up around Mahasarakham. I think around the THB20,000 mark was the going rate.

20,000 baht?......the last 3 I bought were 50,000 baht!! wait until my gf get's home!!

That was about three years ago

As Crossy says, most girls just pick one up in Soi Cowboy

I'm not surprised they refused to put their hands in their pockets, though - that just seems backward

SC

Yes but the ones in Soy Cowboy have bigger horns and are more stupid.

My wifes dad have just brought 3 young ones there about 3-4 months old think they were about 5,000 baht each... But why would you want one If your seen at a farm sale buying one every Thai for 500 km will be taking the piss..

Interestingly an ex work colleague invested just under 1million baht in setting up a buffalo farm(what he was quoted) in his brand new gf's village sadly a week later she called to say they had all died and the money spent!! Hmmmm

Edited by RoryG

Interestingly an ex work colleague invested just under 1million baht in setting up a buffalo farm(what he was quoted) in his brand new gf's village sadly a week later she called to say they had all died and the money spent!! Hmmmm

I suppose that disproves the theorem "softly, softly, catch the monkey"

SC