Analysis: Beginning Of The End Of Thaksin?

george

Joe beets: Some have tried, all have failed to reason with "haha". Note his 'name' and avatar. :D:D

You obviously seem to enjoy the status quo of a third world shithouse economy, especially being on the upper ranges that does profit from such an economy. I wonder though about your historical understanding, especially where those conditions generally seem to lead to inevitably.

You have to understand that Heng, as a self-confessed loanshark, is one of the people who take delight in others' failure to succeed. :o

You're barking up the wrong tree if you expect any sympathy or humbleness towards others. :D

I take delight in folks putting up the good fight indefinitely. Just like Citibank wants you to pay the minimum monthly payment. And I can guarantee that I show my clients a lot more sympathy than any bank would. No, not endless extensions without payment, that'd be crazy, but I'll certainly buy folks a meal if they are that down on their luck.

And again, we're licensed by the Royal Thai Government. Loansharks are not. But labels are a fixation of those who love to slander, eh?

:D

Edited by Heng

• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am not sure what you are trying to point out. sorry if I'm not smart enough to understand you. could you rephrase what you said in simpler terms for me to understand?
There is no rephrase which could be simple enough for you, mate. :o:D

you really must have a lot of hate in you. I feel sorry for you.

Yeah, there's an unemotional response. You're saying I'd be shot in your wife's village for being me? Which village is that, curiously? Or let me guess, it's a secret village in your mind, eh?

:o

At times i wonder if you are really what you pretend to be, or just a wind-up, in which case you are doing a seriously good job fullfilling and taking the piss out of the negative stereortype that many people attach to your pretended class and ethnicy here in Thailand.

I have to say that none of my real life Thai-Chinese friends come close to your extreme character.

Edited by ColPyat

Yeah, there's an unemotional response. You're saying I'd be shot in your wife's village for being me? Which village is that, curiously? Or let me guess, it's a secret village in your mind, eh?

At times i wonder if you are really what you pretend to be, or just a wind-up, in which case you are doing a seriously good job fullfilling and taking the piss out of the negative stereortype that many people attach to your class and ethnicy here in Thailand.

I have to say that none of my real life Thai-Chinese friends come close to your extreme character.

I have my doubts that you truly have any thai-chinese friends. my guess is your friends are more of the muslim type.

and I'm sure if heng were in your "village", he would be murdered. that's the way they treat infidels there, right?

I have my doubts that you truly have any thai-chinese friends. my guess is your friends are more of the muslim type.

and I'm sure if heng were in your "village", he would be murdered. that's the way they treat infidels there, right?

Are you honestly trying to tell me that Buddhist Thais do not kill people?!

Now this is really getting absurd!

Edited by ColPyat

And again, we're licensed by the Royal Thai Government. Loansharks are not. But labels are a fixation of those who love to slander, eh?

Well, I posed a question about "loansharks" (was it in this thread?) and you responded. I assumed you identified with it. :D

Are you not profiting from others' failure to succeed, did I get this wrong?

Ever done a day's honest work 'out there', in the fields, harvesting rice or such, mate? :o

Edited by zzap

Just out of curiousity, what is a "muslim type"? :D

And what makes you think ColPyat has such friends? :o

Look up my comment on another thread... :D

Just out of curiousity, what is a "muslim type"? :D

And what makes you think ColPyat has such friends? :o

Look up my comment on another thread... :D

it is a well-known fact that many muslim terrorist have declared war on the western world. it is also known that they wish to foster confusion, and unrest amongst their "enemies". namely, the infidels, or non-muslim.

both the philippines and thailand have large muslim populations. and isn't it interesting that both countries are experiencing some political unrest right now?

using the internet to foster hatred between farangs and thais would be very easy for the muslim terrorist to do. wouldn't you agree?

personally, I think the islamic religion s##ks big time. and if I could, I would post those cartoons all over the world. what do you think of that?

it is a well-known fact that many muslim terrorist have declared war on the western world. it is also known that they wish to foster confusion, and unrest amongst their "enemies". namely, the infidels, or non-muslim.

both the philippines and thailand have large muslim populations. and isn't it interesting that both countries are experiencing some political unrest right now?

using the internet to foster hatred between farangs and thais would be very easy for the muslim terrorist to do. wouldn't you agree?

personally, I think the islamic religion s##ks big time. and if I could, I would post those cartoons all over the world. what do you think of that?

What do i think of that?

Given that confused diatribe - i believe you are in desperate need of psychiatric attention.

:D:o

my friend, you gave yourself away with that remark.

Yes right, your incredible deductive skills have discovered my real identity - i am Osama bin Laden hiding out in Thailand, no, sorry, i am he real Saddham Hussain, the one on trial now is only a copy.

No, wrong, i am Blofeld plotting to take over the world with my evil scemes and you must be James Bond.

Yes right, your incredible deductive skills have discovered my real identity - i am Osama bin Laden hiding out in Thailand, no, sorry, i am he real Saddham Hussain, the one on trial now is only a copy.

No, wrong, i am Blofeld plotting to take over the world with my evil scemes and you must be James Bond.

well, maybe I was wrong. ..you could just be some spoiled brat trying to convince everyone you are an adult.

well, maybe I was wrong. ..you could just be some spoiled brat trying to convince everyone you are an adult.

This is my last post to you.

I don't know what exactly is wrong with you, only that your behavior disturbes me more than a bit. The reason i am here is because i do enjoy the occasional intellectual challenge, i enjoy discussing.

This here with you i definately do not enjoy at all.

Sorry to be so straight, but you should seek help.

With His Majesty’s concurrence, Thaskin dissolves Parliament election to be held in April.

:D:D

Thaskin says;

"When a difference in opinion causes serious political divisiveness . . . the common way out in democratic societies, including Thailand, is to return the political power to the people by dissolving parliament and holding a new election."

"If you are fed up with me let me know, if you want me to continue working for you, vote for me," he said.

One can lay aside letting the opposition nick and chip at one, leaving one with frequent but small wounds that can potentially fester into deadly infections with dare consequences if left unattended.

Yet again, one, as Thaskin appears to have done, can tack a different course. A course taking the bite and fight right out of their opponents ever present criticisms in a course that takes the fight to them, in a democratic non-dictator or tyrannical way, by letting the people decide if this criticism has some veracity that is creditable or not.

If, in the majority, the people decide there is some truth apparent in these political differences, then the will of democracy shall prevail. Thaskin and or his party are out.

If they would decide otherwise, then, the people themselves silence these critics creditably as not being and or having a viable alternative and as well the will of democracy prevails. Thaskin and or his party remain and the status Quo continues. Hey!

Seem fair and reasonable.

:o:D

We've got all sorts on TV :

Farangs who whinge all the time

Democratic Farangs

Farangs who deny any right to hold opinions of any kind

Bush/Blair supporters (the mentally crippled)

TRT-fanatic supporters (usually bad at spelling)

Pseudo-Trolls

Thai-Chinese businessmen

It might be kind of interesting, to have some Muslim-Thais, to add their own point-of-view, to the mix. :o

Any volunteers out there ?

Anti Toxin People,

Wake up! Time is a wasting! The election will be won or lost in the villages. You know that the problem is that the villagers need to be educated about the evils of this gov't. Get out there and educate them. It has been known for 5 years that Toxin's political base is the rural villages...why have you been sitting on your hands for the last 5 years? If you had been educating those rural people for the last 5 years then by now they would be well equipped for this new election. So, don't lament over the 5 years you have wasted!!,,,its not too late!!,,,,get out there and educate those rural people....Times a wasting.

Chownah

Anti Toxin People,

Wake up! Time is a wasting! The election will be won or lost in the villages. You know that the problem is that the villagers need to be educated about the evils of this gov't. Get out there and educate them. It has been known for 5 years that Toxin's political base is the rural villages...why have you been sitting on your hands for the last 5 years? If you had been educating those rural people for the last 5 years then by now they would be well equipped for this new election. So, don't lament over the 5 years you have wasted!!,,,its not too late!!,,,,get out there and educate those rural people....Times a wasting.

Chownah

Pro Toxin People,

Hurry up, Guys!... Make sure you blanket every village with the appropriate gift, financial and otherwise. Go with your proven track record of successes with the TRT party... errr... wait a sec. Skip that part.

Don't let honesty win... you must get back to the status quo as quickly as possible. You've enjoyed the fruits of your corrupt ways for the last 5 years, now you will have to double your efforts to ensure the next 3 are even more profitable. Hurry up, empty those nearby town's ATMs of their small bills and get right out to the villages with it... Times a wasting.

Edited by sriracha john

Anti Toxin People,

Chownah

Pro Toxin People,

Hurry up, Guys!... Make sure you blanket every village with the appropriate gift, financial and otherwise. Go with your proven track record of successes with the TRT party... errr... wait a sec. Skip that part.

Don't let honesty win... you must get back to the status quo as quickly as possible. You've enjoyed the fruits of your corrupt ways for the last 5 years, now you will have to double your efforts to ensure the next 3 are even more profitable. Hurry up, empty those nearby town's ATMs of their small bills and get right out to the villages with it... Times a wasting.

Good advice, Sriracha John!! After all, the election will be won or lost in the rural village. Whoever can capture the rural village vote will win....this is democracy in action whether you like it or not. If you want the best candidate to win then get out there and do it....or else you do not have a chance for anything except a chance to complain....like so many do right here. To all you complainers on both sides of this elecction I say, "Put up or shut up!".....but in a nice way!!

Chownah

Edited by chownah

At times i wonder if you are really what you pretend to be, or just a wind-up, in which case you are doing a seriously good job fullfilling and taking the piss out of the negative stereortype that many people attach to your pretended class and ethnicy here in Thailand.

At times I wonder (well, not really... but yes, at the moment) if you're really getting worked up by words posted on an Internet forum. Are things that unpleasant in your secret imaginary village?

And thanks for the compliment.

Well, I posed a question about "loansharks" (was it in this thread?) and you responded. I assumed you identified with it. :D

Are you not profiting from others' failure to succeed, did I get this wrong?

Ever done a day's honest work 'out there', in the fields, harvesting rice or such, mate? :D

No idea what you're talking about, but I'm not taking this as seriously as half the folks here. If I did respond, I was merely identifying with a label that is often mistakenly or merely wishfully insulting towards one of my family businesses.

I profit from repeat business, just like anyone else. It's hardly good business for everyone to default... as then we'd be out of cash and stuck with a bunch of property we didn't want in the first place.

Ever done a days honest work 'in here', in front of the computer, bill counters, aging decrepid safes? :D

Ever done a days honest work 'in here', in front of the computer, bill counters, aging decrepid safes?
No, I haven't. :o

Anyway, I propose to wind this down. Some of my comments towards you were below the belt and I apologise for that.

Generally, I find your posts humorous and to the point, but on some topics I find it hard to take the arrogance and disregard you display.

At times I wonder (well, not really... but yes, at the moment) if you're really getting worked up by words posted on an Internet forum. Are things that unpleasant in your secret imaginary village?

What gives you the idea that i am particularly worked up? I have to say though that your initial amusement factor has changed into boring childish blather.

If you haven't anything more interesting to contribute, i believe our little game has reached its limits of intellectual challenge for me, and must have become more than boring for everyone else. Therefore i believe we should be doing everyone the favour and ignore each other for the time being.

Thaksin and his party members are intoxicated with power, and they seem bent on continuing to behave without taking morals, ethics and the people's sentiments into account. Perhaps they think nobody can stand in their way, or they can deal with their opponents easily. Whatever the correct reasons, it is clear that more and more of the people in all walks of life are joining the drive to oust Thaksin from politics. :o

post-27080-1140864812_thumb.jpg

Edited by asd

Korn quits in 1 sentence

Korn Dabbaransi has resigned from the Thai Rak Thai Party, saying he wants to take a break after a long time in politics.

He had not talked to party leader Thaksin Shinawatra, he said yesterday.

Korn, a former leader of the Chat Pattana Party, submitted a letter of resignation to Thaksin. It contained a single sentence:

"I resign as a member of the Thai Rak Thai Party from this moment on."

The Nation

===========================================================

Bloody battle for Bangkok

Thai Rak Thai Bangkok MPs must prepare themselves for a tough election campaign and rebuild an understanding with the voters, the party's elected representatives in the capital said yesterday.

Suthichai Chan-arak, MP for Yasothon, said the party would be happy to retain just half its Bangkok seats.

"The candidates in outer constituencies of Bangkok may survive, but for city-centre candidates it will be very difficult," he said.

In the January 2005 election Thai Rak Thai won 32 of the 37 Bangkok seats.

Deputy Government spokeswoman Sansanee Nakpong said Bangkok candidates would have to work harder than their colleagues in the provinces as the capital was a city of information.

"We still have our supporters, but we also have to visit more people," Sansanee said.

Chalermchai Jeenawijarana said he was not worried and did not have to change his strategy as he frequently visited his constituents.

"We are politicians, so we must be prepared for an election at all times. We don't just disappear after an election and leave people to solve their own problems," he said.

The Nation

=========================================================

Last radio show looks for sympathy

Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra used his last Saturday morning radio show to condemn "a small group" for trying to ruin the government, which prompted his decision on Friday to reconfirm his mandate with the people.

"I have to stop hosting this programme after today's edition," Thaksin announced.

"If I win the election on April 2, this programme will return. But if I lose, it will depend on the new government if the show goes on."

"Prime Minister Thaksin Talks to the People" was relayed live every Saturday from 8am-9am on Radio Thailand's 92.5MHz station, sometimes even from abroad.

Thaksin said he had tried all possible means to diffuse the growing tension, including calling an extraordinary session of Parliament.

But his opponents were not satisfied and kept attacking his administration.

The political crisis was a brake on the economy's momentum and foreign investment, which Thaksin said he could not tolerate and was left with no choice but to dissolve the House and "return power to the people".

The Nation

Edited by sriracha john

More defections from Thai Rak Thai Party:

GOVERNMENT CRISIS

Snoh, supporters abandon Thai Rak Thai

TRT lawmaker slams PM's decision to dissolve the House

Members of the Thienthong family, the core of the Thai Rak Thai Party's Wang Nam Yen faction, yesterday said they were quitting the party after months of bitter infighting.

Joining them was Thai Rak Thai party-list MP Winai Sompong, who slammed Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra's decision to dissolve the House as a convenient excuse to "evade his moral problems" and avoid political reform.

Winai said the House was not the problem and Thai Rak Thai Party had no reason to be afraid, as it had enough MPs to continue governing.

Snoh Thienthong let his niece, Treenuch, read his statement, which apologising for supporting the "wrong person", Thaksin. Snoh had persuaded others to support Thaksin, he said.

"Today we know that it was an illusion, a marketing mechanism to ensure the success of the businessman [Thaksin]," the veteran politician said in the statement.

He added that Thaksin was too confident about the fact that nobody dared to caution him. Therefore, he cared much more about the country's GDP than morality.

Snoh said later he could not accept Thaksin's use of legal loopholes to benefit himself and his associates. "We [the Thienthong family] won't lose our sovereignty to anybody. The recurring chaos is because of only one man, who has exploited the nation's democracy, who planned and used the Parliament as a tool of legislation [to benefit himself and his associates]," Snoh said.

A former senior adviser to Thai Rak Thai, Snoh said he had warned Thaksin, but his ideas were greeted with insults by other members.

Snoh's son Sorawong said he, his father, and his two cousins, Thanit and Treenuch, had left Thai Rak Thai and would not be able to stand in the April 2 election.

Snoh said he and his family had not been preparing for the next election and therefore had not applied to join another political party. But even aged 72, he would still be able to contribute to the country in another capacity than as an MP.

Other Wang Nam Yen members had to decide whether to quit Thai Rak Thai, Snoh said, but added that he understood some members could not survive without their MP's salaries, so they might not be able to leave the party.

Sorawong said he would ordain as a Buddhist monk to show gratitude to his parents.

A source said Snoh and politicians close to him would join the Mahachon Party. The Constitution requires an election candidate to be a member of a party for at least 90 days before polling day to run as a candidate for the party.

- TN

Deputy Government spokeswoman Sansanee Nakpong said Bangkok candidates would have to work harder than their colleagues in the provinces as the capital was a city of information.

ie informed-voters were less likely to support TRT than country-people whose votes could simply be bought as usual.

The Nation

"I have to stop hosting this programme after today's edition," Thaksin announced.

Surely, having dissolved parliament, he should not have hosted this edition either ?

Thaksin said he had tried all possible means to diffuse the growing tension, including calling an extraordinary session of Parliament.

That's all possible means, except for paying his taxes, or resigning his own position, and leaving TRT to elect another leader.

The Nation

If Thaksin had given all the parties 90-days notice of the election, as he had previously promised to do, then various TRT-factions & individuals might have had the freedom to reconsider their allegiencies and stand for a position/party they believed in.

Instead his clever use of the 90-day rule, by giving only 60 days notice, forces those TRT-MPs who wish to remain in parliament, to continue to support him, regardless.

So this election was always un-democratic and a farce, due to his own actions. The refusal of the Democrats & others, to play along with his game, can be viewed as petulant or astute, depending on your point-of-view.

Personally I'd agree with posters, in this and other threads, who view the parliamentary-opposition as having failed to educate the country, and I would have expected TRT to be returned, with a smaller majority, permitting once again votes-of-censure and more-normal politics to be resumed, in parliament. Which would have been a small step in the right direction.

I would question whether, with the degree of censorship currently seen, and the ownership of the media being what it is, it would ever have been possible to hold a 'free-and-fair' election. So posters who say 'Let the People Decide', while theoretically correct, simply don't live in the real world. IMHO. :o

Ever done a days honest work 'in here', in front of the computer, bill counters, aging decrepid safes?
No, I haven't. :D

Anyway, I propose to wind this down. Some of my comments towards you were below the belt and I apologise for that.

Generally, I find your posts humorous and to the point, but on some topics I find it hard to take the arrogance and disregard you display.

No worries at all Z. Arrogance + disregard? Me? I don't think so.

What gives you the idea that i am particularly worked up? I have to say though that your initial amusement factor has changed into boring childish blather.

If you haven't anything more interesting to contribute, i believe our little game has reached its limits of intellectual challenge for me, and must have become more than boring for everyone else. Therefore i believe we should be doing everyone the favour and ignore each other for the time being.

Perhaps your reference to my getting shot for being myself in your wife's imaginary village - still don't feel like naming it? My curiousity has almost peaked at 1.5 (on a scale of 10). As for my amusement factor, I'm still amused, but you're more than welcome to ignore whoever you wish, no need to tell me.

Anti Toxin People,

Chownah

Chownah.....again you're behaving in an offensively condescending manner toward all those, myself, included, who realise the root cause of the problem is the 'easily bought-off' masses living up-country.

It doesn't help, of course, that over ninety per cent of them get all their political news from TV, which as you know, is in the main, a mouth piece for the government.

Anymore patronizing twaddle up your sleeve today?

Anti Toxin People,

Chownah

Chownah.....again you're behaving in an offensively condescending manner toward all those, myself, included, who realise the root cause of the problem is the 'easily bought-off' masses living up-country.

It doesn't help, of course, that over ninety per cent of them get all their political news from TV, which as you know, is in the main, a mouth piece for the government.

Anymore patronizing twaddle up your sleeve today?

I guess condescention is in the eye of the beholder. I gave similar advice to the pro toxin people to show Sriracha John that I truly mean what I am saying. Seems like everyone wants to treat the rural people like a political football...either ignore them altogether if you don't need them or bribe them if you do....seems like no one wants to educate them.....might be because if they were educated they would see that all the politicians on both sides are greedy and corrupt and that virtually no one in politics right now really cares much about them(the rural people). The anti toxin forces have no interest in educating the rural people....the anti toxin forces want to silence rural people and institure a democracy base on the votes of the urban middle class only.....if that ever happens the rural people might be forgotten altogether. Why hasn't the opposition done something over the last five years to get the message out?

Chownah