Fire On 7th Floor Of FICO Building, Asoke Area: Bangkok

webfact

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

"Over ten fire engines rushed to the scene but it was difficult for firemen to reach the seventh floor with the hoses and the fire ladder was difficult to operate at the area had many power cables."

now they might realize why those pesky farangs have such strict fire codes in their high rises.

good luck all - getting out and recovering the damage.

• Like 2

"Over ten fire engines rushed to the scene but it was difficult for firemen to reach the seventh floor with the hoses and the fire ladder was difficult to operate at the area had many power cables."

now they might realize why those pesky farangs have such strict fire codes in their high rises.

they'll blame it on the parts of the building plan they took from farang ideas.

• Like 1

RT @RichardBarrow: 2:53pm Picture of the fire at the FICO building in Bangkok - RT @Buapuan: ไฟไหม้อาคาร FICO http://bit.ly/xWC0aP

RT @RichardBarrow: 3pm Pic of the fire in the FICO building on Asok. Looks to be on the 7th floor - RT @soolloos: http://bit.ly/AhqLkH

Glad to see the firefighters have the equipment for highrises.

i think they have the absolutely right equipment - but the city infrastructure with all these stupid powerpoles and cables going in all directions does not allow firfighters to do a proper rescue job!

• Like 1

Smoke seems to have stopped rising from my vantage point. I hope everyone was safe. Seeing some of the fire-fighters in nothing more than flip-flops, shorts and t-shirts....jeesg I hope they didn't go in the building

So, with no working knowledge of how this fire started, how it is being managed, or what the final toll is...your conclusion is that "Thai Bad" - "Farang Good"

Like you , I hope no one is injured, and the damage is minor. Hopefully, the offices are vacant on Saturday.

Really, the Farang do not have fires? Really? Wish I knew that, since I lost two dear friends in one...in the USA.

• Like 2

RT @RichardBarrow: 2:53pm Picture of the fire at the FICO building in Bangkok - RT @Buapuan: ไฟไหม้อาคาร FICO http://bit.ly/xWC0aP

RT @RichardBarrow: 3pm Pic of the fire in the FICO building on Asok. Looks to be on the 7th floor - RT @soolloos: http://bit.ly/AhqLkH

Glad to see the firefighters have the equipment for highrises.

i think they have the absolutely right equipment - but the city infrastructure with all these stupid powerpoles and cables going in all directions does not allow firfighters to do a proper rescue job!

Never thought of it before just amazed at all the cables but now this has happened it highlights the problem. I don't suppose it will change though.

Hope everyone is OK.

Edited by kimamey
  • Like 1

...are you sure they will learn from their mistakes? jerk.gif

Isn't it amazing that so many comments already criticise Thai standards.

If you don't like it, here's an idea: go home.

Have some sense and compassion.

Quite!

However, commenting on safety regulations or the lack of same might eventually mean that same would be revised.

Telling someone to stop commenting and advising to go home is not really the way.

Have some sense and compassion?

Indeed for the victims compassion, but definitely not for those who think that having safety regulations is just hindering the making of money.

And about sense, ah........

Well then...enlighten us, and please do not skip any...

(1) How did the fire start?

(2) How long did it take for the fire fighters to arrive?

(3) I see aerial equipment in the photos, spraying directly into the upper floors, do you do it differently at home?

(4) Does the building have a sprinkler system?

(5) What country did the designers of this building come from?

(6) Has anyone been injured?

(7) Is the fire out now?

Please, you seem to know a lot about this...please..do tell...

• Like 2