My New Diet...

samsiam

The 2 best things about doing this has been....firstly...my tastes and hankering for food has changed somewhat....I have been wanting tuna and salmon salads...I had a tuna sandwich for dinnet just now.....but had bbq with friends for lunch. I have cravings for fish and dried fruits and vegies.

But most probably the best thing so far was my blood pressure, today had it checked and just before xmas it was 165/92....then 148/98.......today the doc said 'normal....it was 135/89.....so that was a very nice surprise and as a result of the 15 days I believe cos for the last 18 months it had always been on the rise.

I would suggest you get your own meter and test frequently. Blood pressure readings are often all over the place throughout the day. 135/89 is still high and not healthy despite what your doctor may tell you. You need to get it down to 120/80 or below. Your blood pressure could in fact be lower when you wake up and it goes up when you visit your doctor - hence the need to check it yourself at home in a relaxed environment.

This is where exercise is imperative. Just to give you an idea, my own readings are around the 110/65 area, never going over 120/80.

You're never going to achieve healthy blood pressure readings without exercise. Better off eating normally (healthy food) and doing more exercise.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I do not like doing exercise for doing exercises sake.....I did 3 months in a gym 3 years ago and it was the most boring time in my life....I can never do it for prolonged periods...it is incredibly boring.....and we live in the jungle....no mirrors around here.

I do not like doing exercise for doing exercises sake.....I did 3 months in a gym 3 years ago and it was the most boring time in my life....I can never do it for prolonged periods...it is incredibly boring.....and we live in the jungle....no mirrors around here.

Excuses, excuses, excuses. The reason why you're fat in the first place is because you refuse to exercise. I don't care where you live, there's no getting around it - if you want to be lean, in good shape and have healthy blood pressure YOU NEED TO EXERCISE.

For those that juice seriously....I would like to add a tip if you are not already doing it.

The pulp that exits the juicer into its own container....when finished juicing....put it through the juicer again and you will be surprised at how much more juice comes out.

I did a litres worth this morning and then put the pulp through and got another cup full.

The amount of stress and aggravation people will put themselves though with crash dieting is absolutely astonishing.

What stress......what aggravation.......15 days and all over....I like that, I like quick n fast......long drawn out processes do not do it for me....I never last.

Sounds like a bedroom saga huh.

6 months or year long diets would just not work for me at all.

The amount of stress and aggravation people will put themselves though with crash dieting is absolutely astonishing.

What stress......what aggravation.......15 days and all over....I like that, I like quick n fast......long drawn out processes do not do it for me....I never last.

Sounds like a bedroom saga huh.

6 months or year long diets would just not work for me at all.

If i read your remarks good you are a typical example of jo jo dieting. You go for a quick reduction of weight and then fall back in your old habits to start it all over again.

The only way to keep the weight off is to make changes that is why long diets usually work because you learn new skills in keeping your weight down like eating different stuff and exercising.

My greatest downfall has been alcohol, the few times i gained weight it has always been during periods of extreme stress and hitting the bottle.

So far i lost over 10kg now and my abs are slowly getting more visible . i think an other 8 and i might look like those guys in those fitness magazines. At least one can hope giggle.gif . Not sure if i ever make it im now in my best shape for year and years. So i just keep on going and see if i can.

But i know it will take at least 3 more months maybe 4 or 5. Its called long term planning. No quick fixes possible. Especially if you are not overweight anymore but just want to look ripped weight comes off slow then.

Thing is....I know a 6 or 12 month thing would not work for me....I cannot even finish medication if I am ever prescribed it for a week.

So, are you saying best for me not to do anything then...cos I know me better than you know me....unless..

I gained 3 things....lost all the weight I wanted to.....blood pressure way down to what it was 4 months ago.....and I do not have the cravings for junk/rubbish foods anymore.......how can that be bad ??

Yeah baby....I wanna looked ripped.

I already have a 6 pak inside.

I doubt looking ripped is your goal. You are right though that you probably have 6 pack inside. It usually is the fat covering it that is the problem.

Thing is....I know a 6 or 12 month thing would not work for me....I cannot even finish medication if I am ever prescribed it for a week.

So, are you saying best for me not to do anything then...cos I know me better than you know me....unless..

I gained 3 things....lost all the weight I wanted to.....blood pressure way down to what it was 4 months ago.....and I do not have the cravings for junk/rubbish foods anymore.......how can that be bad ??

Its easy to tell you why its bad. What you accomplished is good. Problem is you might have lost some muscle too. That is bad because its muscle that has more influence on how much calories you burn. So next time you might gain the weight faster and have a harder time loosing it.

If you can keep yourself on the weight you are now then that is a great thing and nothing bad at all.

I'm down 4 kilo's in two weeks reached 85.5 kilo's), my diet has consisted of fruit, raw celery and carrots, some fat free youghurt, tuna, Ryvita krispbread (which is surprisingly good), fat free cream cheese and a small amount of goats cheese - had grilled chicken twice and a large plate of same with cashews at the new Riverside Market last week. Not doing too well on the exersise, only made it to the gym four tmes but despite that, I now feel I can exersise longer because of the few pounds I have lost. All together I feel much much better and more healthier so will stay at it and see what the one month picture looks like, it's a lot easier than I had thought and I don't really have any cravings.

No definitely not referring you to, but all to many people are obsessed with getting abs, doesnt look good to anyone when someone is 5,10 140lbs and can see baby abs. Thats what will happen with a crap diet of wasting away all your body muscle.

No definitely not referring you to, but all to many people are obsessed with getting abs, doesnt look good to anyone when someone is 5,10 140lbs and can see baby abs. Thats what will happen with a crap diet of wasting away all your body muscle.

I'm a bit obsessed... how about abs at 235 lbs?

I'm a bit obsessed... how about abs at 235 lbs?

That would be good, i hope to have them at 200lbs

would depend your current size and how much fat you have, i was originally hopeing for abs at around 210 then that became 200 and now 180 is where ill see deep cuts. Ab work will help a bit but seeing 260-300lb guys doing end less crunches is almost laughable, as if they are going to work away a mid section cause you always 300lb guys with a flat stomach right...

Current size is a little under 220lbs, i think im at 16% bodyfat.. not sure.. but even at 20% once you drop 10% your still at 10. So its a safe guess. It might not be true but i will see.

You're not really at the stage where you would expect to be dropping fat quickly. That time is over as you said you dropped about 8kg this year (that's only 3 months). I would say your fast fat loss period is over - yet you say you're still dropping at 2kg per month. I would call that very fast progress.

How do you determine your fat level?

Edited by tropo

Tropo.. now.. i just look at pictures of others and check my own body state against it. Its actually more of a guess then a real number. But i don't really care how much it is because im going for looks here. I might have a bit more or a bit less.. i dont really know. I just worry that measuring it will be hard and there is a margin of error.

It wont come down to a month or so so i accept a margin of error. I dont think measuring it would make me happier.

3 weeks or so since the end of the 15 day thingy and still maintaining the same weight.

So quite happy with that as also have not been to strict on what I eat....but very little rubbish regardless.

• 1 month later...

3 weeks or so since the end of the 15 day thingy and still maintaining the same weight.

So quite happy with that as also have not been to strict on what I eat....but very little rubbish regardless.

Another 6 weeks has passed since you ended the "15 day thingy". Still maintaining?

Having the bowel scan last year ,the doc informed me that westerners "hung" onto their food far longer than orientals. Whether a factor to food or whatever lodging in your gut longer than the pint sized slant eyed brotheren might be a factor of weight gain,in other words,go for a dump at more frequent intervals

Having the bowel scan last year ,the doc informed me that westerners "hung" onto their food far longer than orientals. Whether a factor to food or whatever lodging in your gut longer than the pint sized slant eyed brotheren might be a factor of weight gain,in other words,go for a dump at more frequent intervals

You can only "dump" when your body says dump.

This is where kefir is a big winner - it increases bowel peristalsis and you never have to worry about hard work when it comes to "dumping" time. It also reduces the odour.

• 3 weeks later...

stop eating junk and exercise, eat little and often, do not eat after 6.00 pm, give up beer.

God its so simple, all these *experts* little more than con artists,

Im down from 110 kg to 85 kg in around 6 months, all by doing the obvious above

No carbs, juice only, cabbage, bla bla bla

Its all <deleted>. willpower and follow the above.

P.S *The idea it get harder every time is a pre-concieved misconception*

• Like 1

westerners dont cut everything into tiniest pieces, and the food is more starchy (potatoes)...

people had to go to the field and work hard all day - not much falls from the trees there - in rough weather conditions...

some chicken pieces and rice dont do...

a meal had to last long and give much energy...

Edited by dingdang