Western Style Dinner Buffets In Pattaya - Affordable Under 400 Baht

jehricaholic

Hi Guys...

There's been some posts recently mentioning buffets and how some people would rather spend the same money on a decent buffet than they would on some of the good quality a la carte restaurants (Chinese, Indian, and Tex-Mex restaurants as some current examples).

Yes the Thai buffets are of great value but lets stick to buffets that are geared towards the western palate (not excluding international cuisine). I've never been to a western style buffet in Pattaya so I'm looking for affordable suggestions.

Some names have been mentioned of late: Cherry's, Beefeater, and Thai Garden Resort being a few. If you've got your favorites lets hear them, whether they be a theme buffet on a particular night or a daily international buffet.

I'll start this topic off with the Thai Garden Resort's daily pool-side buffet 6-9pm @ 299 Baht. They are located on North Pattaya Road. Their buffet is as follows:

Mondays: Pizza and pasta

Tuesdays: BBQ buffet

Wednesdays: Multi-cuisine buffet

Thursdays: German buffet with roasted pig

Fridays: Thai buffet

Saturdays: International buffet

Sundays: Steaks and skewers buffet

There is a live band daily except Monday and they have happy hour half priced drinks.

Here is a biased review here: http://www.pattayamail.com/diningout/thai-garden-s-amazing-buffets-9146

Has anyone tried this?

I have tried the Thai Garden Resort Buffet twice. It is a nice place, the live music is very pleasant. The quality of the food is so so, but I think you cannot expect more for 300 Baht. All in all worth a visit from time to time.

• Like 1

Yes I've tried the Thai Garden Resort several times. It's ok but not one of my favorite places. Whether the live music is pleasant is really a matter of taste - personally I would much prefer if they would not play, but I understand there are people who like to listen to Abba and Bee Gees covers ;)

• Like 1

Nothing beats the Wednesday and Saturday international buffet at Cherry's for B350. Salad bar, sushi bar, dessert bar, smoked salmon and large variety of Western international dishes from fall off of the bone to Oso Bucco, to many chicken dishes and roast beef, pork, and my favorite rare roast lamb, if too rare they will throw it on the grill for a minute or two for you. Everywhere else that has lamb on their carvery is overcooked and well done.

• Like 1

. Everywhere else that has lamb on their carvery is overcooked and well done.

t

Hilton Edge evening buffet. Roast lamb is so rare it's moving. I don't mind rare lamb, but there it's ridiculous.

Edited by tropo

t

Hilton Edge evening buffet. Roast lamb is so rare it's moving. I don't mind rare lamb, but there it's ridiculous.

Come off it,nice bit of beef (rare) just knock the horns off the cow. The afternoon buffet at the Hilton 14 floor is I think the best 1200 to 1430 350 Baht (or was )

OK got it wrong Dinner I see

Edited by 23962323

t

Come off it,nice bit of beef (rare) just knock the horns off the cow. The afternoon buffet at the Hilton 14 floor is I think the best 1200 to 1430 350 Baht (or was )

OK got it wrong Dinner I see

Yes, dinner is 800 or 900 on Fridays starting at 6:00 pm. They don't always have the lamb though...

Just make sure if you eat rare beef it's imported beef. I picked up a beef tapeworm from rare Thai beef.

.... or you can freeze it first. That kills the larva in the meat.

Lamb is safe - no tapeworms.

Tapeworm might not be a bad idea. I could do with losing 10kg. giggle.gif

I didn't lose any weight at all - felt like s*** with no energy and spent too much time on the toilet. You'll get a nutrient drain rather than fat loss.

What about the buffet offered at the top of pattaya park? I have heard good things about it but have never been myself. Anyone been recently that would like to share some info?

Went to Fri seafood lunch buffet a couple of weeks ago, at 400 bt per person.

Food was mediocre, with not much variation. Approx 4 dishes with different sea-bass recipes, and not much else.

Starters were shrimp and mussels. They seemed to be trying to ration the mussels, by sticking them into the ice, one at a time.

The 'continental across soup' is still a mystery, even after trying it.

At 400 per head, it could have been much better. Not crowded with plenty of spare tables.