Arriving Questions;Fright Container & Car Import, Paper Hell?

SVS

Requesting info from anyone who has experance of importing a fright container on a retirement Visa. Cost to Bangkok from U.S. west coast? From Bangkok to Chaing Mai, if possible? What kind of paper work and taxing hell am I in for to bring, in the container, my beloved 1990 Buick Reatta to Thailand? My Ducati M/C? What is the travel time of a container? I want to pack the container before I leave and wire back address and when to ship. Any help greatly appreciated!

Best advice sell the Duc and Buick, you will never see them again Buy something to replace them in Thailand, the ducati is easy, Buick almost no chance, but there are other collectables about if you are prepared to spend money to restore

• Like 1

Go to the Thaivisa cars sub-forum and scroll down to find many prior threads on importing cars or motorbikes.

Alas, the consensus view is to only proceed if insane and/or a glutton for (financial and bureacratic) punishment.

On the issue of shipping in a 'freight' container to Thailand, try a thaivisa forum search (top right this page) to locate prior discussion threads

Read all of the posts here at TV advising you to not import motor vehicles into Thailand

The fact that you have a retirement visa means absolutely nothing to Thai Customs, you are fair game to pay whatever the customs agent wants for your household goods in the container

The vehicles are a whole different can of worms since they will come up with so many reasons you cannot import them, that they will just impound them and sell them at auction (to their friends), of course all the time the customs bonded warehouse storage fees will continue to accumulate while they are assessing your customs duties

Search here and read some of the horror stories and you will sell in the US and replace here