I Just Met This Girl

AnotherOneAmerican

I'm a bit offended at that comment.......we put a lot of effort into being obtuse coffee1.gif

That's the right angle.

I thought he was going off at a tangent myself.

Now we're just going round in circles!

Welcome to ThaiVisa.

• Like 1

• Replies 366
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi AnotherOneAmerican,

Welcome to the cynical old farts om Thaivisa.

I don't know if you are a troll or not, but I'll give you the benefit of the doubt.

Before doing anything else, read lots of forums about Thailand for expats. You need to cover all sorts of topics, like how to get a retirement visa, the pitfalls of gold digging Thai girls (not necessarily yours), climate, US taxation abroad, what foreigners cannot own in Thailand - especially LAND.

If you don't lose heart after this exercise, come back for maybe 6 weeks - UNANNOUNCED. Phone your lady and see what reaction you get - or see if she's at the coffee shop.

Scope out somewher nice to live within your budget and within range of amenities you want (supermarket, golf course, beach...)

You may wonder why you got so many cynical responses above. If you really are new to the Thai expat scene, you may be unaware of the very high failure rate of Falang/Thai romances. This is often due to a failure to understand the Thai devotion to family. That doesn't mean you; it means parents, siblings, alcoholic gambling grandmothers etc etc. The appearance of friendship and love is then merely a device to part you from your money before dumping you when you cease supplying money on demand.

Excellent points. Especially the unannounced arrival. Years ago when I first started visiting Thailand I would check email at the internet cafe. The PCs would be jam packed with Thai gals. I noticed one of the workers helping out the gals. So, decided to take a peek and see what was being written...thinking I could offer my English skills. I watched email after email being sent. Same text with just the Dear XXXX being changed. Dear Joe: I miss you so much, when you come back, blah, blah, blah.

Next one Dear Hans: I miss you so much, blah, blah, blah. Next one Dear Peter: I miss you so much, blah, blah, blah.

I watched many gals fire these off one after the other.

I was in a car one time with my current GF and her cousin. My friend and I were dating them and were on our way back from Samet in a taxi. The cousin was on the phone for quite some time. Sounded like an argument, so I asked my GF what was going on. After prying it out of her, the cousin was on the phone with her HUSBAND! He was in Italy and was due back early. She was trying to figure out how to get away from my friend so she could be with her hubby. Unreal. Obviously I told him and he dumped her promptly.

Happens all the time.

• Like 1

Flattery, the oldest of scam repertoire.

Anyway old men faling in lust with young woman happens every day,

and i think this chap can afford it, as long as ATM card & property stay with him.

Where to live is entirely dependant on interests,

-want an occational threesome ? Bkk or Pattaya aint bad

-want a nice beach ? Koh Samed Sai Kaew beach is lovely, just that max 2 days in sun or you are toast litteraly

Edited by poanoi

Still trying to work out what Profanity means. Sorry l failed English, ooooops l'm English, but don't tell any blethered folk eh. Shhhhhhhhh.

Theblether is perfectly aware of your birth defect.

And just where it is on your anatomy.

• Like 1

has not replied in a while, did he already get fleeced or has he jumped off a balcony?

Worse...maybe he's having a blether on another forum! ohmy.png

Moi? huh.png

Surely you jest blink.png

edit so I can ask this question.......##

What is Thailand talking about in his post? it seems quite random

Edited by theblether

has not replied in a while, did he already get fleeced or has he jumped off a balcony?

Moi? huh.png

You're right. He deserves a good bleathering...!

• Like 1

Moi? huh.png

Thailand speaks and the blether listens ... well bugger me !

Moi? huh.png

Thailand speaks and the blether listens ... well bugger me !

Why dither when you can be blethering?

• Like 1

Away and behave yourselves you bunch of blethering skites biggrin.png

theblether is delighted at this sudden outburst of bletherology, next stop......world domination!!

Saw your avatar's twin brother born today....mair slavers than blethers though.....I think he was waitin' for a haggis supper the way he kept his eyes on the phone...

• Like 1

So you were born to a Thai mother and an American father shortly after WWII ?

And you have never ever been to Thailand before, not for a holiday, nor for a family reunion in the place where you Mom came from ?

You want me to believe your story ?

Very trollic, really !!!!!!

A good troll post that by now has evolved into silly remarks, funny wit and jolly jokes. Not a single reason to believe the OP's story, though !