Visa Application Denied Because Money Is In The Bank 2 Months Instead Of 3 Months?

i did my visa application (marriage visa renewal) on monday and the officer told me she couldn't process the application because the money was in the bank for 2 months and 1 week, instead of 3 months. from the information that i was told here and also from the paper that i received at the immigration counter it clearly says that it needs to be in the bank for 2 months. i told her about this and she said that this information wasn't correct, it needed to be in the bank 3 months for renewal, 2 months only for the 1st application.

she said that i should come back when it's been in the bank for 3 months, but the problem is that my visa will have expired by then. what do i do now?

The officer is wrong and should be politely asked to contact higher authorities as it is two months for all Thai wife extensions of stay by law. You should point out that it is only retirement that there is a difference in first and later extension of stay requirements. Police order 777/2551 section 2.18

(6) In case of marriage with a Thai lady, the husband who is an

alien must have an average annual income of not less than

40,000 baht per month or a money deposit in a local Thai bank

of not less than 400,000 baht for the past 2 months for expenses

within a year.

If unable to resolve perhaps she will issue a 60 day extension to visit wife per police order 777/2551 section 2.24 (an extra 1,900 baht expense that should not be required):

(1) Proof of relationship.

(2) In the case of a spouse, their marital relationship shall be de

jure (legitimate) and de facto.

Apply for a 60 day extension.

From Police order 777/2551

2.24 In the case of an alien visiting a Thai spouse or child:

Permission will be granted for a period of not more than 60 days at a time.

(1) Proof of relationship.

(2) In the case of a spouse, their marital relationship shall be de jure (legitimate) and de facto.

As the posters and the Moderators here have pointed out, most likely the officer has made a mistake.

The tricky thing maybe how to get it resolved, and it might not be as easy as showing the document and saying 'I told you were wrong ... suck it now bit*ch and issue me that renewal like you should have in the first place!'

Somehow you have to allow the officer to keep face ... give the officer a way to change her decision.

Alternatively can you present to a different officer, a different office?

Just trying to look at your problem from all sides.

Typical Thailand.

They make the mistake and now you have to tipytoe around them so they don't lose their stupid face.

This place is a basket case.

Most countries in the world when a bureaucrat is wrong you have to "tippytoe" around him to get the correct outcome.

You have to find a way to give him an out. Possibly take a copy of Police Order 777/2552 section 2.18 (in Thai) and include it with your documents and say " maybe those idiots in Bangkok haven't bothered to send you this yet, its only 4 years old, what do they get paid to do". ( In the nicest possible way of course.). Then its not his fault, someone in Bangkok. No idea if its going to work, but what to lose.

Just an idea.

Just go in on a different day, remain calm, and go through the process again like you were never there before. If you are again turned down ask for a supervisor so something can be worked out, an extension or something, or the rules be better understood by you, ask to see the time reference they are talking about. Remain calm, and they will find a solution. The whole thing is you remaining calm the whole time.

Next year you will know better than to not keep the money in the bank. You have the money obviously so just leave it in the bank for the rest of your life in Thailand. Four months before your visa renewal just top it up for any fluctuation in the requirement. Get another bank account for your regular living needs. It is really a simple process, and I can not stress enough how important remaining calm is.

post-142120-0-60495900-1331119645_thumb.

Have the law printed out in Thai and bring it back in with you. If not call the NACC (National Anti Corruption Center at:

02-628-4800 or 02-282-3161

They wont give a dam, it's hardly corruption to miss read the law in this case.