Thai Buddhism Vs. Consumerism

Felix Lynn

Thai Buddhism comes face to face with the emerging consumer culture as Buddhist Solace Corners open in shopping malls in Bangkok. I’ll challenge our resident expert Dr. Jim Wellington to explain the pros and cons of the move. Is this out-reach a new form of evangelism or a humble olive branch?

Also, is it your responsibility to know what the Thai sign says or is it the Thais responsibility to write them in your language?

Illegal street racing claims a victim, as a young police volunteer gets gunned down by a gang of motorcycle racers.

And a proud Thai English daily misleads it’s readers into concluding there are thousands of one hundred year old people living in Bangkok.

On the next Thailand Today, each Monday, Wednesday and Friday at 1pm, 9pm and 5am only on http://www.radiobangkok.net Hot in the city!

And this quick reminder, Radio Bangkok reaches more than a hundred fifty thousand listeners a month. If you or your company would like to sponsor Thailand Today or any of our shows on Radio Bangkok, go RadioBangkok.net or email us a [email protected]...

Also, is it your responsibility to know what the Thai sign says or is it the Thais responsibility to write them in your language?

Hmm....you tell me! :o

That's classic! Got anymore?

no....still recovering!

I thought it's just some cracks on the road....HOLY CHEESSEE...then everything went black! :D

Edited by BKK90210