New Pcx 150

tekinsel

• Replies 611
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hit an diesel spill on the Pattaya-Naklua and Pattaya Nua roundabout corner and put the PCX down a few weeks back. I haven't changed the body work but I bought some after market levers at the shop up Pattaya Tai. They are cheap (250 baht each) non-adjustable levers but the funny thing is the front brake lever is so much better than standard. With the original brake lever I couldn't pull on it enough with 2 fingers so often I had to use 3 or 4 fingers.

With this new one I use 2 fingers and have to be careful not to lock the brake! It is a big improvement.

It fitted up well, but I am wondering if the face that pushes on the brake piston is on a slightly different angle???

Went to Mityon at Pattaya Klang and was told 74,000 for bike only after discout, they have a fully red PCX at 19,000 baht extra, very beautiful but I think not worth to pay for the extra. Called Asia City and was told very bluntly abround 70k++, asked me to come down then he will tell me the price. I tried to find out the Honda at sri racha and noticed that the numbers which were given in this thread are actually Asia city, does anyone has the number for Sri Racha Honda?

Went to the park for exercise and saw one PCX150, talked to the guy and after a while, I tested his bike, smooth and responsive engine, very enjoyable ride, I am very impressed with this little 150cc bike. Just wondering whether there will be anything new for 2014 models?

Went to Mityon at Pattaya Klang and was told 74,000 for bike only after discout, they have a fully red PCX at 19,000 baht extra, very beautiful but I think not worth to pay for the extra. Called Asia City and was told very bluntly abround 70k++, asked me to come down then he will tell me the price. I tried to find out the Honda at sri racha and noticed that the numbers which were given in this thread are actually Asia city, does anyone has the number for Sri Racha Honda?

Went to the park for exercise and saw one PCX150, talked to the guy and after a while, I tested his bike, smooth and responsive engine, very enjoyable ride, I am very impressed with this little 150cc bike. Just wondering whether there will be anything new for 2014 models?

I don't think there will be anything new for the 2014 model but are not sure. I see that you can now get them in a light blue and dog turd (brown) colors now, don't like either.

The white (mine is white) now have black panels and not ladyboy red anymore.

That is typical for Thailand, they change the colors each year so others can see that you got the latest model, ha-ha.

I just spend 3900 on YSS XL gas rear shocks, huge improvement in handling and they are not bottoming out as the original did when 2 people onboard.

I also bought a net for the seat, time will tell if I like it or not. Don't hope I get net marks on my ass when riding long time, lol.

You can have it pained for way less than 19k baht, find the right shop tell them what you want and agree on a price and that's it.

You can have it pained for way less than 19k baht, find the right shop tell them what you want and agree on a price and that's it.

Exactly what I thought, rather spend the money on upgrades.

What net for the seat? For carrying stuff?

No, the net is like a seat cover to stop you getting a burnt bum when your bike has been sitting out in the sun. Mityon on the cnr of 3rd and Soi Leng Kei have the net seat covers.

Ok BSJ thanks for explaining, btw the registration of the bike starts when greenbook is issued, or when it is on red plate? And when it is on red plate, is it no riding after 5 or 6pm? And will insurance company pays when stolen during this time (red plate)? And after the stipulated time?(eg. midnight)

Hi guys, wonder if anyone can tell me if theres such a big difference in price between XL and XXL shocks for the Pcx ,, I've ordered the XL ones from the local Honda shop, however when I've been shopping around to find the best price for the XL's most places have quoted around the 3500 to 3600 mark,, however a mate recently had his installed including fitting for less than half that price, my wife went to the same shop this morning and ordered the same YSS XL size as my mate and sure enough the price was also half of what I've been quoted,, maybe those other shops had quoted the price for the XXL? Anyway I'll have them fitted on Friday, hopefully they'll do the job ok

Hi guys, wonder if anyone can tell me if theres such a big difference in price between XL and XXL shocks for the Pcx ,, I've ordered the XL ones from the local Honda shop, however when I've been shopping around to find the best price for the XL's most places have quoted around the 3500 to 3600 mark,, however a mate recently had his installed including fitting for less than half that price, my wife went to the same shop this morning and ordered the same YSS XL size as my mate and sure enough the price was also half of what I've been quoted,, maybe those other shops had quoted the price for the XXL? Anyway I'll have them fitted on Friday, hopefully they'll do the job ok

You were quoted the farang price.

I paid 2300 baht for YSS XL shocks for my PCX. They are the plain ones without external reservoir, which I wanted. If I had sent the missus they probably would have been 1600!

Not sure about the farang price as the wife also received those quotes, but I just thought it a big difference between 3500 ~ 3600 and the ones we went for which will cost 1890 incl fitting and according to my mate will do just fine

Cheers

Sent from my i-mobile IQ XA using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I was pretty impressed with this bike when I first bought it three months ago. Today at 1700 kms this thing shutters & shakes like a jackhammer, especially when cold. This shudder has developed slowly since purchase. The clowns down at Mityon on South Road tell me this is "normal". There is a problem with the transmission causing this vibration and according to them "all PCX's have or will have this problem". They did offer to adjust the clutch/transmission but claimed the problem will quickly return. I am hoping to find a Honda dealer that has a fix to this annoying defect. If this is normal, I certainly am not happy with Honda Thailand not addressing and resolving this issue.

Its normal to an extent .There is a judder and vibration on mine taking off from cold ,but that goes away when the engine warms up .I just live with it .

I paid 2300 baht for YSS XL shocks for my PCX. They are the plain ones without external reservoir, which I wanted. If I had sent the missus they probably would have been 1600!

I bought mine at the GT rider shop on South Pattaya Road, the prices on all items for sale are stamped on the package.

Seen in the rear mirror I should maybe had checked more shops before buying mine to 3900, well too late now.

I was pretty impressed with this bike when I first bought it three months ago. Today at 1700 kms this thing shutters & shakes like a jackhammer, especially when cold. This shudder has developed slowly since purchase. The clowns down at Mityon on South Road tell me this is "normal". There is a problem with the transmission causing this vibration and according to them "all PCX's have or will have this problem". They did offer to adjust the clutch/transmission but claimed the problem will quickly return. I am hoping to find a Honda dealer that has a fix to this annoying defect. If this is normal, I certainly am not happy with Honda Thailand not addressing and resolving this issue.

Its normal to an extent .There is a judder and vibration on mine taking off from cold ,but that goes away when the engine warms up .I just live with it .

Just live with it

When the price is stamped on the package how do they give you a Thai price or a farang price, more discount.

Hi all..

Firstly my apologies: I'm sure this question has been asked many times over but after much searching on various boards I am still yet to have found a definitive answer.

I'm looking to buy a new matte black PCX. Did you guys buy yours from an official dealer or from a smaller bike store. There are a couple of smaller shops that have them near my place (Huaikwang) but as the shop staff's english practically zero (like my Thai), I'm a little reliuctant to go with them. They are offering around 80000 for 'everything' (which I'm assuming is tax, registration and insurance. Would you recommend going with a dealer? If so, can you please point me in the right direction?

Any feedback will be greatly appreciated..

• 3 weeks later...

Just live with it

"Just live with it"??!!! You guys have been in Thailand too long... maybe? I don't think we should be forking over 80k baht for a new motorcycle that shakes like a jack hammer when it first takes off from cold. NO vehicle should do this. Had I known this before purchase I would have gone for something else. Honda should address this problem. But in the end you are correct. In Thailand where nobody cares, we are forced to "just live with it".

What are the long term effects of this problem? Who knows. We'll see.

It has been suggested that it is caused by a build up of dust in the clutch caused by doing a lot of stop and go city riding. It is not unique to PCX as many CVT scooters suffer from this. A good rural ride at 80-90 kph will "blow out" the dust and the shudder will diminish or disappear until the next bout of stop and go city riding causes the dust to build up again.

It has been suggested that it is caused by a build up of dust in the clutch caused by doing a lot of stop and go city riding. It is not unique to PCX as many CVT scooters suffer from this. A good rural ride at 80-90 kph will "blow out" the dust and the shudder will diminish or disappear until the next bout of stop and go city riding causes the dust to build up again.

agreed.....

• 4 months later...

Dear all,

just yesterday sold/traded my PCX 150 2012 for a FORZA, dealer asked for original trim, so I have now 2 YSS XXL shocks and after market seat(black/red) for sale which just installed - both only 1 week used(receipt). YSS XXL THB 3000 (new 5.200) and seat THB 1.000 (new 1.800).

Just send me PM if interested.

Cheers Mr.J

• 1 year later...

Just bought one and absolutely love it!

Suprisingly good on fuel too, I'm getting around 40k/lt.

One complaint, there is a slight rattle in the front somewhere when I go over small bumps. When it's time for it's 1000km service I'll get them to look for it.

Not a major rattle, anyone else noticed a slight rattle in the front end?

I just got the 2015 model last month, such a great bike. I put Michelin City tires (100/120) on it which should absorb shocks a bit better because they have higher sidewalls (more air cushioning). But I noticed the same rattle and found this topic. The rental I had before had it too but that one had plenty k on it. But the brand new one has it too, to a lesser extent. Perhaps it's just a PCX's thing but it would be nice if it could be helped. The rattle takes away some of the sturdy feel of the bike.

• 1 month later...

Just bought one and absolutely love it!

Suprisingly good on fuel too, I'm getting around 40k/lt.

One complaint, there is a slight rattle in the front somewhere when I go over small bumps. When it's time for it's 1000km service I'll get them to look for it.

Not a major rattle, anyone else noticed a slight rattle in the front end?

I just got the 2015 model last month, such a great bike. I put Michelin City tires (100/120) on it which should absorb shocks a bit better because they have higher sidewalls (more air cushioning). But I noticed the same rattle and found this topic. The rental I had before had it too but that one had plenty k on it. But the brand new one has it too, to a lesser extent. Perhaps it's just a PCX's thing but it would be nice if it could be helped. The rattle takes away some of the sturdy feel of the bike.

No rattles on mine, except if I leave the phone holder on. 'Sturdy' is one word - but definitely harsh on many Thai roads - will be looking at taller tyres and think about upgrading shocks.

Any comparisons here between 2013 and 2015 shocks? I nearly get thrown off if I hit speed bumps at any kind of speed, is that just the small wheels?

The price for those Honda shocks is 1010.

YSS has expensive G-Euro XXL (3600 to 3900) with extensive adjustability

YSS also have V-Series 'Hybrid' PCX Chrome shocks under 2000

YSS Z-Series offset 300mm XXL are 2600 baht.

Any experience comparison between the Hybrid (budget) and Z-Series?

The shudder is the result of dust and glazing of the clutch in my opinion. It will likely develop after a number of kms. What works albeit temp is to hold the front brake (or combo brake) and rev it while stationary. It will likely be ok for awhile.

As for buying anything send your thai gal ALONE. You will get about one half the cost in most instances. Double pricing and easy money are rampant in Thailand.

• 2 months later...