Claria Health Insurance

mikecwm

Dont know your age but from just briefly looking at their prices for 100% coverage for in-patient in case of accident or infectious desease, it sounds well on par or better than corresponding Thai companies. Wonder how easy it would be contacting th em while living in Thailand. But they seem to only infectous deseases so what if you have one that is not infectous? Not covered. In that case, I would look for another company.

Hi Tanaka.

It seems infectious diseases are not covered for the first 90 days only. They don't want you bringing something with you which you knew you already had. Fair enough.

What I was really after was someone with firsthand experience of this company - none so far.

I've been in touch with several Health insurance companies and pointedly asked what sort of premiums someone in their 90s is currently paying.

Here's a quote from one agent (GIBG) - "the restrictions on such (policies offering 'for Life' cover) are very high and the costs at levels above 75 are frankly beyond comprehension in expense"

It's the 'above 75 premiums I am specifically interested in.

I don't see much point in pouring money into an insurance company for the next 15 - 20 years (I'm 65 now), not needing their services, then get into my 80s or 90s and find I can't afford the premiums - or they won't insure me any longer. What a massive waste of money.

I'm seriously looking at "Self Insuring" with a seed of 1 million Baht and adding 100,000 a year.

I have 2 1/2 years to decide.

I think I'm going to miss Canada's full health coverage for $116 a month (in BC).

• 2 months later...

i honestly believe that if you think loyalty will keep you insured once you become a liability, you are dreaming.

Ive never heard "i am 78, beat cancer and my premiums did not increase and i renewed my policy hassle free"

never

I am looking for some good insurance where I can go to a descent hospital and not pay more than a grand a year. Also, do they have insurance for the whole family at a reduced rate?

And can we ask if you are talking THB or GBP ......................

Wonder how easy it would be contacting th em while living in Thailand.

Should be fairly easy. They have direct payment with some major hospitals in Thailand.

If you sign up for US$2,500 deductable plan and list your place of residence as Thailand, you don't have to pay the deductable (excess) if you seek inpatient treatment at a hospital in Thailand.

• 4 months later...