Recommended Lab To Have Testosterone Levels Checked?

PoodMaiDai

It would save a lot of time if you would tell us what area of town you live in so that members could recommend a lab in that specific area. Or, you could go into a medical lab in your area and ask the price for the specific test.

It would save a lot of time if you would tell us what area of town you live in so that members could recommend a lab in that specific area. Or, you could go into a medical lab in your area and ask the price for the specific test.

Right you are sir.

I'm off of Nimman Rd.

Or, you could go into a medical lab in your area and ask the price for the specific test.

I was hoping for a recommendation. I don't have a lot of faith in Thai doctors and try not to go to one blind. Did that in the early years and always ended up with some really kooky doctors.

Why would you go to a doc. Or clinic so you need to wait longer and pay more.

You can walk into Lanna hospital. Ask for the test from their lab.

You will briefly be interviewed by the Internist on duty, the lab will take a blood sample, you wait 1 or 2 hour and then walk out with your result.

I checked T-Levels at McCormick Hospital a few weeks ago. 800 baht it was sent out to a different lab.

I only checked total T count, I'm not sure where to get free range T checked.

Sriphat Medical Center also is a good choice, a bit more crowded, ~700 baht for the test.

Time of day affects T Levels and what physically activities you did the previous day, so take a day off, and check 2-3 hours from the time you wake up the next day.

Thanks everyone.

I checked T-Levels at McCormick Hospital a few weeks ago. 800 baht it was sent out to a different lab.

That is what I was trying to figure out. I'd rather find THE LAB (or a lab) with competent staff rather than have it sent to another lab and have to wait on it. I was tested in pattaya a few years ago in a lab and they had the results in an hour, where all the hospitals said it would take 1 - 2 days, who then sent it to a lab.

Time of day affects T Levels and what physically activities you did the previous day, so take a day off, and check 2-3 hours from the time you wake up the next day.

Excellent tip. I did not know this. Thank you.

I have the address of this lab on the test results, looks like it got sent out to the Lanna Lab:

* ล้านนาแล็บ

129/255 ถนนมหิดล ตำบลป่าแดด อำเภอเมือง จังหวัดเชียงใหม่ 50100 โทรศัพท์ 053-275131, 053-812485

08.30 น. – 16.30 น. จันทร์-ศุกร์

I'd be curious to know what the cost is there?

McCormick told me I had to wait a week but the documents shows it was done the following day at Lanna (and probably another day to send the documents back to McCormick).

I have the address of this lab on the test results, looks like it got sent out to the Lanna Lab:

* ล้านนาแล็บ

129/255 ถนนมหิดล ตำบลป่าแดด อำเภอเมือง จังหวัดเชียงใหม่ 50100 โทรศัพท์ 053-275131, 053-812485

I'd be curious to know what the cost is there?

McCormick told me I had to wait a week but the documents shows it was done the following day at Lanna (and probably another day to send the documents back to McCormick).

Excellent! Thank you.

I'll call them this week and will report back.

Thanks everyone.

That is what I was trying to figure out. I'd rather find THE LAB (or a lab) with competent staff rather than have it sent to another lab and have to wait on it. I was tested in pattaya a few years ago in a lab and they had the results in an hour, where all the hospitals said it would take 1 - 2 days, who then sent it to a lab.

Excellent tip. I did not know this. Thank you.

Lanna & RAM both have their own labo for sure and you can wait for the result and surely even talk to the labo- staff direct if you want. In Lanna they are most helpfull and informative in my experience.

I went to both for a cross-check.

Good experience.

• 1 month later...

Your highest level of T should be between 8am and 10am as this is when most is produced. Fast before having this test as sugar and carbohydrates interfer with the production of Testosterone. Get the free t done as well as the total, also estrogen levels should be checked as well. As we age men begin to convert more testosterone to estrogen. A zinc supplament will block this conversion and there are stronger estrogen blockers on the market but need prescripition.

Let us know how it works out

Your highest level of T should be between 8am and 10am as this is when most is produced. Fast before having this test as sugar and carbohydrates interfer with the production of Testosterone. Get the free t done as well as the total, also estrogen levels should be checked as well. As we age men begin to convert more testosterone to estrogen. A zinc supplament will block this conversion and there are stronger estrogen blockers on the market but need prescripition.

Would it not be a good idea to have it checked at the lowest point time of the day as well as highest so you can get a better over all picture. I know I get plenty of oxygen in my blood in my waking hours but not enough in my sleeping hours. So if I had not had it checked for both times of day I would never had known. Now I have a machine to produce 6 liter's of oxygen a minute for me at night.

Would it not be a good idea to have it checked at the lowest point time of the day as well as highest so you can get a better over all picture. I know I get plenty of oxygen in my blood in my waking hours but not enough in my sleeping hours. So if I had not had it checked for both times of day I would never had known. Now I have a machine to produce 6 liter's of oxygen a minute for me at night.

Hormones are different you want to know your highest output. We all know they taper off as the day progresses but thats just natural. If you are taking Testosterone supplament change from morning application to night time aabout one week before test. This way your supplement will not throw your test off. Then after test return to morning application , ingestion or injection.

Dolly not blowing you off but hormone levels are highest in the morning and taper off as the day progresses and they are used by the body, excreted, interfered with by chemicals, and foods and converted to other hoemones in the body.

Forgot also check your DHT levels as well as Testosterone is converted to DHT as well. High levels of DHT and estrogen can be telling us we donot have enough free testosterone.

Maybe he needs a lab. Anyway he never reported back from his visit to Lanna Lab. Which is probably the most cost effective place to get any kind of lab test done, if you already know the specifics of what you need tested, and you understand the results. They do most other tests as well (lipid profile, cholesterol, etc.). They have a menu with all the tests listed, along with the price. From memory most tests are a couple hundred baht, around 300-400 or so.

This thread started with a question where to go.

For the uneducated of us out here; can someone explain why there is a concern for testosterone levels, and why there is a need to check....first time I have ever considered this; other than when i check my man boobs.thumbsup.gif

thank you....I can see me starting a thread on vasectomy reversal soon...the 2 are not related I hope

For the uneducated of us out here; can someone explain why there is a concern for testosterone levels, and why there is a need to check....first time I have ever considered this; other than when i check my man boobs.thumbsup.gif

thank you....I can see me starting a thread on vasectomy reversal soon...the 2 are not related I hope

EXACTLY WHAT I WAS THINKING biggrin.png why on earth does someone want to check testostrone levels you either know you are a man or not LOL I have been around for quite a few years and never even considered it or thought about it.

I dont get it blink.png , but willing to be educated biggrin.png

DK

EXACTLY WHAT I WAS THINKING biggrin.png why on earth does someone want to check testostrone levels you either know you are a man or not LOL I have been around for quite a few years and never even considered it or thought about it.

DK

DK: If you can put away 2kg of kebabs, its not your Testosterone levels you need to worry about; its your cholesterol levels!

DK

DK: If you can put away 2kg of kebabs, its not your Testosterone levels you need to worry about; its your cholesterol levels!

Give me a chance only got them this after biggrin.png

DK

* ล้านนาแล็บ

And Google Translate spake thus: http://translate.google.com/

129/255 Mahidol Road, Muang District, Chiang Mai 50100 Sunny Isles Tel 053-275131, 053-812485.

08.30 - 16.30 Mon - Fri

I'd assume "Sunny Isles" is a mistake :)

~o:37;