Thai Women's Fund Open To All: Nalinee

webfact

Women's fund open to all: Nalinee

The Nation on Sunday

BANGKOK: -- The Women Empowerment Fund is aimed at promoting women's abilities, not creating debt, PM's Office Minister Nalinee Taveesin said yesterday.

Nalinee, who is in charge of the fund, made the comments during Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra's weekly programme. She rebutted criticism of the fund - which was set up in part to provide loans to women - saying membership was free and open to all without discrimination.

The PM returned from a trip to Japan on Friday night and yesterday went to visit Kalasin in the afternoon to check on the drought.

Nalinee said a survey found that most women wanted vocational training to help them generate income. The fund would allocate Bt70 million, Bt100 million or Bt130 million to each province depending on its population.

"Membership registration is open to all women [and girls] aged 15 and over. There is no fee. Registration is open at [provincial] Non-formal and Informal Education Offices, village chief offices and the Non-formal and Informal Education Office in Bangkok. Information is available at Hotline 1116. We expect at least 10 million members. We insist that this will not create debts for the people. As for the idea that this [scheme] will benefit some groups of people, there's no such problem. We invite everyone to register for the Women Empowerment Fund. I insist there is no expense and no quota," she said.

A panel to oversee the fund would be formed on March 31, but women could still register later.

Village Fund director Natee Klipthong said it would extend help for women from village to tambon level. "The Village Fund scheme was successful to some extent... 90 per cent of the allocated budget for the Village Fund remains. In some places, the Bt100,000 allocated for the circulating fund has been turned into Bt160,000. The concrete evidence is that Village Funds have been able to link with financial institutions. If the funds weren't good, institutions wouldn't agree to it."

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2012-03-11

Women's fund open to all: Nalinee, #1^

This is not a well-known program, but is both a 'signature' policy of this Female Prime Minister and is being hugely embraced.

This will gain in prominance - big time.

Knowing the details of this program, caused me to see through the proxy, ostensibly female "networks/friends of" groups that the Opposition put forward last week, and reported here.

Their mantra was to create the impression that Females were against this Govt., without ever mentioning this positive Ms. Y. policy/program.

Sometimes they are so obvious in their MO.

Nalinee, who is in charge of the fund

How much of the 7.7 Billion Baht will end up with Zimbabwe's Mugabe?

Women know about this program, and are watching it like a hawk.

At risk of sounding sexist, keeping sticky fingered males from this program is the MO of significant female groupings.

They know this is for them, and they are not about to let it be compromised.

Nalinee, who is in charge of the fund

How much of the 7.7 Billion Baht will end up with Zimbabwe's Mugabe?

Women know about this program, and are watching it like a hawk.

At risk of sounding sexist, keeping sticky fingered males from this program is the MO of significant female groupings.

They know this is for them, and they are not about to let it be compromised.

Which women are "watching it like a hawk"?

Nalinee? Yingluck?

Good concept, on face value,

but so much gibberish and trying to tie it to the

Village fund sop for local tambon and village head men to help their friends

and pass on the patronage.

A fact-absent negative view of a very positive thing.

Having seen its' effective functioning and focus, assigns such negativity to agenda.

Edited by CalgaryII

More meaningless pap.

I guess if you are not a woman reasonableman, and also not Thai......in so far as the fund having an effect on yourself.........that may well be your most accurate statement on the forum to date

Edited by 473geo

More meaningless pap.

I guess if you are not a woman reasonableman, and also not Thai......in so far as the fund having an effect on yourself.........that may well be your most accurate statement on the forum to date

I would think that the disbursement of 7.7 Billion Baht of taxpayers money would effect both those that live in Thailand and those that pay any form of tax here.

Edited by Buchholz

You obviously struggle to accept and may well underestimate the matriarchal control element in the Thai villages, in my experience it is quite a force

More meaningless pap.

I would think that the disbursement of 7.7 Billion Baht of taxpayers money would effect both those that live in Thailand and those that pay any form of tax.

Not really, as a foreiger you will live in Thailand and you will pay tax, the disribution of this fund will have no impact unless you choose to moan about it

More meaningless pap.

I would think that the disbursement of 7.7 Billion Baht of taxpayers money would effect both those that live in Thailand and those that pay any form of tax.

Not really, as a foreiger you will live in Thailand and you will pay tax, the disribution of this fund will have no impact unless you choose to moan about it

It doesn't much to recognize that how tax monies are disbursed effects those that live here, irregardless of their sex or nationality.

Edited by Buchholz

Having seen its' effective functioning and focus, assigns such negativity to agenda.

It was comment on the article and those talking about it, and not the basic program.

You obviously struggle to accept and may well underestimate the matriarchal control element in the Thai villages, in my experience it is quite a force

Not at all, you are reading into something that isn't there or implied.

As well as adding a flamer to do it.

Of course this 10-million-member organisation is not to be confused, with a transparent attempt to build a Red-Shirt Womens-Auxiliary movement, at a cost to the country of several billion Baht because, ... erm ... dry.png

... because we're assured that 80% of the sqillion-strong Red_Shirt movement already are women, and membership is "open to all without discrimination", so must include even those few poor misguided Chinese-Thai wretches who are all that remains of the coupist PAD ? whistling.gif

If the free-concerts don't work, then offer them cheap-loans, and the Minister can introduce them to her African chums, who've got loads of blood genuine diamonds for sale, at bargain-prices ! laugh.png

Edited by Ricardo
  • Like 1

No, I was thinking Calgaryll's unintelligible preceding post, specifically:

"Having seen its' effective functioning and focus, assigns such negativity to agenda"

More meaningless pap.

Weren't you actually thinking Smear? ;-)

Edited by Reasonableman
  • Like 1

No, I was thinking Calgaryll's unintelligible preceding post, specifically:

"Having seen its' effective functioning and focus, assigns such negativity to agenda"

More meaningless pap.

Weren't you actually thinking Smear? ;-)

If ten million women join in to share this fund...Wow.. 7.5 Bahts each... gimmi sum of that..!

and seems to me that Callgarys wife has already signed up and about ready to open her SomTam shop..!

• Like 1

"effective functioning"?

They announced this fund a couple of weeks ago. Exactly how is it functioning?

Posted with Thaivisa App http://apps.thaivisa.com

Is that what the "effective functioning" refers to? No wonder it was unintelligible, since it not yet functioning at all, let alone at a stage that it could be evaluated as effective. Normally, evaluation is based on performance related to objectives, i.e., the achievement of something. A glowing report of future achievement is totally meaningless propaganda.

"effective functioning"?

Edited by Reasonableman

"effective functioning"?

They've begun accepting applications so that 15 year-old teens can begin accessing the 7.7 Billion Baht.

It will be, however, a bit longer before these Matayom 3 students can actually begin spending the new funds.

Edited by Buchholz

Is that what the "effective functioning" refers to? No wonder it was unintelligible, since it not yet functioning at all, let alone at a stage that it could be evaluated as effective. Normally, evaluation is based on performance related to objectives, i.e., the achievement of something. A glowing report of future achievement is totally meaningless propaganda.

"effective functioning"?

" A panel to oversee the fund would be formed on March 31, but women could still register later."

They themselves say it isn't even going into function till end of the month or later,

only that ladies over 15 can sign up now and will get 'something' from the government.

Or more obviously :

• They threw out the idea and voted preliminary funding, because it will get votes,

Or can be used to pull more poor into their control schemes.

• They haven't even got a top down organization in place for 3 weeks more minimum,

Nor have they appointed the hand picked minions who will administer an non-existant bureaucracy.

To THEN decided what it will do.

"effective functioning and focus" Nice catchwords, but signifying nothing.

How, what, where, when? Any specifics or haven't you gotten the memo yet?

• So far a big concept idea thrown out with big splash.

• A preliminary vote to say OK we'll find some money for this.

• Orders for Ampurs to collect names, certainly there is NO PAPERWORK printed for this job.

• How shall they collect them?

• Who is to receive those lists?

• What is the criteria for getting in?

• What services are they getting?

• What time frame?

And repeated assurances this isn't a scam,

a way to indebt the poor and manipulate them later,

and/or a way to syphon off cash to cronies...

Right there the flags of suspicion should be waving wildly.

Yes, Good concept, on face value...

but, beyond that there is NOTHING... so far.

Edited by animatic

Well the first part of any intiative is to confirm there is funding available to carry it forward........other than stating it is time for people to register and the panel will be set up later, I don't see anything other than encouragement from Nalinee

So what are you guys on about?

Well the first part of any intiative is to confirm there is funding available to carry it forward........other than stating it is time for people to register and the panel will be set up later, I don't see anything other than encouragement from Nalinee

Transparency and focus (without political strings and vote buying) for starters.

Something which shows transparency, policy and focus, lack of political manipulation for starters